Should I replace Tie Fighter Pilot with Sith Assassin ?

danflorian1984
986 posts Member
edited March 2017
I am level 82 and I run an EP (L) Vader TFP Boba B2 (or Sun Fac, depending on the opponents) and I usually finish in top 20, in the last week in top 10. Since most of top 20 players started using Chaze teams (even players running zaul leads) i noticed that TFP had greatly reduced utility, or maybe I don't use him correcty. His buff imunity is useless since is almost imediately cleansed by Chirrut, and not only that he suffers retribution from Chaze, but he also triggers Biggs. Since I don't own a pretaunter that usually equals either him or EP being dead.
If he doesn't use his aoe he doesn't bring to much to the table.

So even if he is my most developed toon after Vader I must either change my tactics or replace him. I was thinking about using my 3* SA with TFP speed mods to try to bring EP and Vader up before Biggs can move.

Other options would be my 6* Maul, my 3* Nihillus, my 3* Krennic or my 2* DT ( i can put at least another star on each of them). Or I can simply replace TFP with SF and try to use both B2 and him at the same time.

What do you think would be the best solution?
Disclaimer: I don't own Shoretrooper or Baze, and I can't farm for zetas ( I hope to start farming for zetas next week)

Replies

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Just get Nihilus as soon as possible and add him to your team., maul is great as well!
    It sounds like you need to play with some strategy as well. It's all about making the ai waste CDs.
    First put tenacity down on baze with tfp; chirrut will cleanse.
    if enemy has another cleanser (could have 2 more), either ability block them and take them out;
    OR debuff baze (hopefully with basic; only enemy without tenacity up) and wait for last cleanser to use his cd, before you lay all your debuffs down.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MW0AjxEhr_g
    Here is a video of my squad using this strategy.
    I believe you can beat this match up of the mods are good. All sith assassin will do for you is make battles vs every sith squad completly rng that also involve ep.
  • SA is extremely useful in a Zaul or DN led team. Even an EP led team benefits from SA as well. It'd be wise to get her up to speed asap, along with DN. I personally think a DN led team with SA and EP and Dooku are quite strong if you can get that unit going and throw in a 5th tank in the mix (like ST). I know it's not something you can do quickly but I do think that will help you get TFP and Boba out of the mix in an effective way.
  • SA is extremely useful in a Zaul or DN led team. Even an EP led team benefits from SA as well. It'd be wise to get her up to speed asap, along with DN. I personally think a DN led team with SA and EP and Dooku are quite strong if you can get that unit going and throw in a 5th tank in the mix (like ST). I know it's not something you can do quickly but I do think that will help you get TFP and Boba out of the mix in an effective way.

Do you think that a DN EP SA Vader B2 team would be an improvement to my current line-up, keeping in mind that DN and SA would have 4* ( after I buy the 20 needed shards) while the replaced toons (Boba and TFP) have 7* ?
  • Jetlife wrote: »
    Just get Nihilus as soon as possible and add him to your team., maul is great as well!
    It sounds like you need to play with some strategy as well. It's all about making the ai waste CDs.
    First put tenacity down on baze with tfp; chirrut will cleanse.
    if enemy has another cleanser (could have 2 more), either ability block them and take them out;
    OR debuff baze (hopefully with basic; only enemy without tenacity up) and wait for last cleanser to use his cd, before you lay all your debuffs down.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MW0AjxEhr_g
    Here is a video of my squad using this strategy.
    I believe you can beat this match up of the mods are good. All sith assassin will do for you is make battles vs every sith squad completly rng that also involve ep.

Thanks for your reply. I didn't know that Chirrut cleanses even if only one toon is debuffed, thanks for that. I tried holding my aoes until Chirrut has cleansed and it really was an improvement ,even if it did help that Biggs targeted Vader and not EP :). TFP still wasn't to much help, but at least he wasn't a hidrance.
    I checked and fortunatelly all my opponents have only one cleanser in their teams.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    SA is extremely useful in a Zaul or DN led team. Even an EP led team benefits from SA as well. It'd be wise to get her up to speed asap, along with DN. I personally think a DN led team with SA and EP and Dooku are quite strong if you can get that unit going and throw in a 5th tank in the mix (like ST). I know it's not something you can do quickly but I do think that will help you get TFP and Boba out of the mix in an effective way.

Do you think that a DN EP SA Vader B2 team would be an improvement to my current line-up, keeping in mind that DN and SA would have 4* ( after I buy the 20 needed shards) while the replaced toons (Boba and TFP) have 7* ?

As long as your gear level is X or XI you'll be fine in arena and you can still collect shards as you go.

That team seems fine though ST would be fine in B2's place too. With DN at least you get 4 in the squad who can benefit from DN's offense up and health drain leader effect, with SA kicking up TM - though I would also urge you to replace Vader with Dooku if you use DN as your lead.