ZZoda as a Zaul counter?

Prev1
Sadly I missed the Sith Bandwagon.... And as FTP it will be a while before I can make a Sith team.

Currently I have a Zeta on my Yoda in Battle Meditation with 265 Speed. With some mod flips I can give him 67 Tenacity and 259 Speed.

I Run Dooku(L) Rey(zeta) TFP SThan Zoda, and can Beat Zaul teams as long as my Zoda goes first and Pop Battle Meditation. Works very nice well Zoda moves early, AI will do AOE debuff which my toons dodge gaining Offense UP. However more and more those near the top of my shard run Sith Assassin or a EP with enough speed to move before my Zoda. It is near impossible for me to get enough speed on Yoda move first. Even with QGJ lead My Zoda will move move before sith Assassin.

I biggest issue in this game is that I do not plan ahead.

I am thinking of putting a Zeta on Yodas leader ability (for two zetas on him, hense the ZZoda.) and running the following Squad...

ZZoda JKA GK(eventually) Barriss(zeta eventually) and QGJ or SunFac or (?)... With leader ability, my ZZoda would have 100% tendacity, and with luck resist the first debuff, gain tm and pop battle Meditation.

With Barriss's Zeta toons gain HP on crit hits, which would be useful given the advantage that Zaul gives.

Thoughts???

Replies

• Options
    ZZoda? Stop. Just stop. zYoda, or Yoda(z) is fine. What you're doing is heresy.
  • Options
    Do not Zeta Yoda's leader. Period. I did and it was the biggest waste of a Zeta or any resource I've ever spent in game. It is so bugged and inconsistent I nearly threw my IPad against the wall. There was absolutely zero noticeable difference in resistance to Debuffs. In fact, some of the newer Debuffs would get applied and Tenacity up wouldn't apply. So not only would you NOT get the TM boost, you would also miss out on the Tenacity up. It's brutal. I wanted to add to the bugs section, but I just gave up. I'll create a Imgur gallery of all the shenanigans that took place. It's also garbage for P1 of HAAT compared to ZQGJ lead. Zero benefit....not even worth an omega.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I've got both zetas on Yoda and as the above person said his leader is a horrible choice... too situational in arena to be worthwhile... I really tried but it is only moderately useful vs certain teams

Somewhat good in P1 HATT but honestly about the same as most teams people use...

Probably my most regrettable of the 8 zeta's I have...

That should say something...
  • Options
    Well that sucks....

I thought it would be great vs Sith Teams... As you gain TM when they use Debuffs.

I have tried Yoda lead without the zeta as a test.... did not work at all. 90+ tenacity total and still got stunned 2 out of 3 times by a 70 potency EP.
  • Yung_Hen
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Why the hell would you ever put a zeta on Rey
  • Options
    I also have Zeta on Yoda lead, and its okay at best, still super reliant on RNG. Although, it does do the trick if enemy team is running a zeta Sidious. Out of all the debuffs he applies from his AoE, your Yoda should be able to resist 1 of them, giving him max TM.
    What I do though is mod Yoda and my GK in Tenacity as much as I can, and hope one of them resists. Works okay, like I mentioned before. But when Zauls dodge RNG gets nasty, Zoda lead wont help much. A fast nihilus will also ruin this team too, even if Yoda resists and gets TM, if nihilus moves 1st, his AoE will block meditation for 1 turn, letting rest of enemy team to keep applying debuffs.
  • Options
    Keep the speed on Yoda and zeta QGJ. If you are going all Jedi, zQGJ should be your lead. You won't regret it. Zaul teams can be difficult, but your base, without GK and Zariss yet, should be zQGJ(L), yoda, and JKA. The other 2 will depend on your characters. I run wiggs with them and can reach in between 20-11 payouts an usual fall back in the 30s. Guildmate of mine runs STH and Palp. He gets 1st most payouts.
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    I have tried Yoda lead without the zeta as a test.... did not work at all. 90+ tenacity total and still got stunned 2 out of 3 times by a 70 potency EP.
    That just means you had a 20% chance to resist.
  • Options
    Until they change the mechanics of tenacity it's pretty much useless against high potency toons. With Zoda lead I had GK over 100% tenacity and he was still suffering Debuffs at what seemed like the same rate without it.
  • Options
    I would like to thank everyone that responded. Sucks that Yoda's Leader Ability is so Bugged.

I have both QGJ and Barriss at G11 waiting on Zetas... But I think I will do QGJ first... With QGJ's speed boost my Yoda will move First, save Maul teams with Sith Assassin. My plan is to run QGJ Yoda JKA STHan + (?), vs Assassin teams, the assassin will move first giving Tm, and then when the next sith attacks my Jedi will dodge and if the RNG gods are nice my STHan will get hit and remove TM, letting my yoda move next and do battle Meditation....
  • Options
    Zgj is better option since you really need speed in this game. Extra offense helps too
  • Options

What, he's just sleepy...
  • Options
    Do not Zeta Yoda's leader. Period. I did and it was the biggest waste of a Zeta or any resource I've ever spent in game. It is so bugged and inconsistent I nearly threw my IPad against the wall. There was absolutely zero noticeable difference in resistance to Debuffs. In fact, some of the newer Debuffs would get applied and Tenacity up wouldn't apply. So not only would you NOT get the TM boost, you would also miss out on the Tenacity up. It's brutal. I wanted to add to the bugs section, but I just gave up. I'll create a Imgur gallery of all the shenanigans that took place. It's also garbage for P1 of HAAT compared to ZQGJ lead. Zero benefit....not even worth an omega.

Wow this makes me so sad. I hoped Yoda's lead was some sort of hidden gem vs maul.
    Unsubstantiated: It seems like teams on defense are better able to apply debuffs than the same team on offense, likely to make up for the stupid AI. That's why I haven't put tenacity mods on my characters.
  • Options

Wow this makes me so sad. I hoped Yoda's lead was some sort of hidden gem vs maul.
    Unsubstantiated: It seems like teams on defense are better able to apply debuffs than the same team on offense, likely to make up for the **** AI. That's why I haven't put tenacity mods on my characters.

I was hoping the same too :/
    Unfortunately, along side having strong debuffs in Zaul lead teams, Zaul himself just destroys Jedi, and Dodge RNG is just devastating. Especially after you lose 2 characters, maul becomes untouchable. Still haven't given up yet, farming up Barris ATM and planning on getting her zeta, hopefully that will help keep my jedi alive, planning on messing with 4* Kanan and Ezra too. If Zarris can help mitigate Zauls double damage, then Jedi are just 1 uber anti-dodge character away from countering Zaul meta, IMO.
  • Options
    Ya there does seem to be a RNG advantage for defending squads.

Plo Koon has potential as an Anti Maul.. I.E. anti stealth...

Big issue is his anti stealth ability is his leader ability.... And is rather weak for a leader ability...

IMO this ability would not be overpowered as a unique ability, Disabled on Koon's death. Especially since it is so targeted at Stealth.

It does have room for a Zeta Upgrade... Something Like:

"All allies gain 10% TM when an enemy gains Stealth."

This would make it attractive as an Anti Maul... as allies would gain 30-40%tm at start of combat vs Maul teams.

ViceTorn
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Ya there does seem to be a RNG advantage for defending squads.

Plo Koon has potential as an Anti Maul.. I.E. anti stealth...

Big issue is his anti stealth ability is his leader ability.... And is rather weak for a leader ability...

IMO this ability would not be overpowered as a unique ability, Disabled on Koon's death. Especially since it is so targeted at Stealth.

It does have room for a Zeta Upgrade... Something Like:

"All allies gain 10% TM when an enemy gains Stealth."

This would make it attractive as an Anti Maul... as allies would gain 30-40%tm at start of combat vs Maul teams.

ViceTorn

Agree, would rather see his leader become a unique. Or, I saw someone suggest that his leader should also inflict buff immunity to enemies who come out of stealth. That should help stop sith from going back into stealth right away. I think this plus your suggestion of 10% TM gain from enemies going stealth should make him a good leader, especially against Zaul. Zauls 20% TM boost at the beginning of matches would also be mitigated as well. Since they all go stealth at the start, that would give your team lots of TM too. Maybe have the TM boost only for Jedi, if it ends up being too strong.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    This thread inspired me to experiment with my Zoda, again. I have him Zeta on BM. Another 400 crystals down the drain, on arena refreshes, trying different mods and squads. I think he is pretty fairly useless in current meta unless you have GK, personally. He is uber squishy. Zaul squads suck the life right out of him. Foresight and tenacity up don't do squat, unless you can kill sith in the meantime. Sith AOEs and outright dps make Zoda fail without specific squad support.

Even when modded to go first, foresight and tenacity up are underwhelming. DN is still going to annihilate you. Darth is still going to get you, eventually. And zoda isn't going to live to get his second BM without GK having his back. GK protects zoda and also gives the assist attack that will actually kill anything, on a zoda squad.

I have tried the tenacity thing. Yoda doesn't need tenacity. First off, it doesn't do aything. Second, the Sith don't need to debuff or block him. They can just let him do his BM. Laugh. Then kill him, outright. AI Zaul squad can't NOT kill him before his cooldown is over.

Same experience here, Yoda is soo **** squishy. Zaul Can 1-2 hit him easily. Was hoping maybe Zarris would help solve this issue since she gives health to those who get crit on. What squad have you been trying? Have you tried using her with Zoda?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No, I don't have Barisse unlocked, even. I don't understand how peeps be like pulling out so many toons, lol. I have run with Chaze, and some combo of QGJ, Anni, RG, EP, Boba, Dooku, Wiggs, B2, ST Han for the other spots. Those are most of my arena toons which are pretty much maxed.

zarisse sounds amazing, but even if you keep zoda alive, I figure zarisse isn't going to help finish off the game of whack-a-sith. The nihilus/zavage reckoning is going to beat you by itself.

BTW, thanks for quoting my post. I tried to edit it, and it disappeared. Happens a lot, lately.

Edit: Also, I never believed in AI advantage in the Ben/Dooku dodge meta. I can't say anything about the DODGE part of the zaul meta, since I have not spent zeta on my zaul, yet. But damned if there isn't a resist advantage for Zaul squads. I think I got Zoda's stun/tm removal move to work, once.
  • Options
    No, I don't have Barisse unlocked, even. I don't understand how peeps be like pulling out so many toons, lol. I have run with Chaze, and some combo of QGJ, Anni, RG, EP, Boba, Dooku, Wiggs, B2, ST Han for the other spots. Those are most of my arena toons which are pretty much maxed.

zarisse sounds amazing, but even if you keep zoda alive, I figure zarisse isn't going to help finish off the game of whack-a-sith. The nihilus/zavage/zader reckoning is going to beat you by itself.

BTW, thanks for quoting my post. I tried to edit it, and it disappeared. Happens a lot, lately.

Lol no prob.
    And I agree, Zaul just has soo many benefits that it's hard to deal with all of them with just 5 jedi. Speed, Stealth, damage, Dodge, debuffs.
    I'm thinking maybe an anti dodge character would help, but still not sure if that'll be enough. Hoping to maybe try Zarris, Zoda, GK, and 2 other Jedi (I have pretty much all of them minus, Kit, Ima, and Old Ben). Still working on getting the Zeta on Barris, plus missing 4 more stars. Hoping that'll help in survivability. Then it'll be all up to how much they dodge to determine who wins.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So you got QGJ and GK and Aayla AND zoda, and you can't beat zaul squads? Oh, boy. lol. I though GK (and Aayla) solved everything. I quit my guild to be a GK hoar.
  • Options
    So you got QGJ and GK and zoda, and you can't beat zaul squads? Oh, boy. lol. I though GK solved everything. I quit my guild to be a GK hoar.

Yup, lol. I've got some nasty Zaul teams in my shard. Some with crazy speed and mods. Even with ZQGJ lead, most Zaul teams Palp or Nihilus still go 1st. Stopping my team entirely. Mostly the top 15 Zaul teams are the hardest to beat though. A really though one is Zaul, Nihilus, GK, and Chaze. Such a pain cause you have to go through GK and pretty much Baze before you can take out Nihilus and Zaul. And by then you've lost 2 characters and Zaul is dodging like a maniac, game over. :/
  • Options
    HaloWars29 wrote: »
    So you got QGJ and GK and zoda, and you can't beat zaul squads? Oh, boy. lol. I though GK solved everything. I quit my guild to be a GK hoar.

Yup, lol. I've got some nasty Zaul teams in my shard. Some with crazy speed and mods. Even with ZQGJ lead, most Zaul teams Palp or Nihilus still go 1st. Stopping my team entirely. Mostly the top 15 Zaul teams are the hardest to beat though. A really though one is Zaul, Nihilus, GK, and Chaze. Such a pain cause you have to go through GK and pretty much Baze before you can take out Nihilus and Zaul. And by then you've lost 2 characters and Zaul is dodging like a maniac, game over. :/

Why won't they listen to us and fix this?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Cuz a sucker is born everyday. New meta makes all of ur toons powerless. It takes at least 3 new toons for average dude to have any way to climb? Yeah, this makes a lot of people unhappy, but a couple of them are going to use the only approved resolution. A wheelbarrow full of unearned $$$$$$$$$$$.
  • Options

this
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    But... zoda/zyoda only has one zeta. Zzoda has both.
  • Options
    But... zoda/zyoda only has one zeta. Zzoda has both.

Makes sense to me
  • QuiGonJesus
    167 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Grain Masher Yoder--》Grain Masher zYoder --》Grain Mazzer zYoder
    I fixed it
  • Options
    HaloWars29 wrote: »

This is the reason why I need GK asap ... am planning to add him to my arena squad of Zaul, Zihilus, ST, SA and GK (to replace EP).
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Dunno bout u all. But this meta is sounding more and more perfect to me. If only u cohld fit rex in there too. Rex, zaul, gk, chaze. Maybe they can give rex zeta a way to include zaul.
  • Options
    Dunno bout u all. But this meta is sounding more and more perfect to me. If only u cohld fit rex in there too. Rex, zaul, gk, chaze. Maybe they can give rex zeta a way to include zaul.

Plz no :(