Upgrading Luminara's Gear From VII >>> VIII Isn't Working

Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
edited February 2016
Trying to upgrade Luminara's gear from Level VII to Level VIII. Specifically her Mk 6 Merr-Sonn Shield Generator. You need components from: Mk 4 SoroSuub Keypad - 2 of them, each which need 20 Mk 4 SoroSuub Keypad Salvage. I collected 20 and have all other necessary components. I had the "green plus" - clicked "CRAFT" the 20 disappeared - but it still says 0 of 2. So either there is a visual bug (I "have" 1 but it is still displaying 0) or the 20 Mk 4 SoroSuub Keypad salvage simply disappeared when I crafted and were not counted.

I have contacted EA Customer support and got what apparently (after reading through several threads) is "the usual" response.

EA: What platform are you on?
Me: Android
EA:Have you tried any troubleshooting?
Me: Yes, I followed the Android FAQ and reset the phone, cleared the app cache, restarted the app, etc.
EA: Here's the link to the Android FAQ - bye!

Me: But I've already done all that (restarted, cleared cache, etc.) it didn't work...hello? Hello?

*crickets*

Wonderful tech support.

If anyone here can help, I'd appreciate it, as it's the final piece for Level VIII gear, but I don't want to waste 2 days farming 40 more Mk 4 Keypads just do have them disappear again.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• it worked for me and i have android. When you crafted them they disappeared into the base you were building. you may be missing a component higher up, or it may be completely built and waiting for you to hit equip. that is all the info i can give you.
  • I wish that was it. There are no other required components in the lower tier "child" (other than credits). But now, after I "craft"ed the child, the parent is all zeroes again. That's the problem. Thanks for trying though.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • ok, one more thing. this happened to me with poggle on gear 8. i got excited and built his last piece of gear and then couldnt equip it because it has a level 73 requirement. thats possible. i cant think of anything else unless you can post screens of what your build looks like. maybe someone could help from there.
  • I would - but with this antiquated forum software, I can't figure out how to post screen shots. :#

• there is a file icon after the font selection in the reply box. paste the url into the box and press go. its a funky way to do it, but it works.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Okay here they are...in "tap" order:

• Oh hell - wait

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh hell - wait

lz6op.png

Fixed it for you.. :)
  • That's the part that needs 40 Mark IV "laptops", they look exactly like Mark V's.. You sure you have IV's?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks! Here is the next one (maybe):
    Screenshot_2016-02-04-12-02-01.png

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    And the next layer down..
    Screenshot_2016-02-04-12-02-07.png

As you can see, it says 4/20 - but I had already completed one 20/20 and it was "reset" to 0

• 29ckn4y.png

There you go, it looks like you don't have MK4's.. This upgrade worked for me but I am on iOS.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    BentWookie wrote: »
    29ckn4y.png

There you go, it looks like you don't have MK4's.. This upgrade worked for me but I am on iOS.

No, that's my point - I had upgraded to 1 of the 2 (with 20 of the Mk 4 salvage) - but then instead of saying 1 of 2, it zeroed. I have been doing these "multi-layer" upgrades for weeks, and never had an issue until this one. I appreciate the help though.

• Ohhhh.. I see, that is weird. Did you look at another toon that needed 1? Those Mark 4's are needed by *everyone*, did you upgrade someone else and forget you were working on 40.

I will admit I did that. :(
    And the next layer down..
    Screenshot_2016-02-04-12-02-07.png

As you can see, it says 4/20 - but I had already completed one 20/20 and it was "reset" to 0

Originally, when I completed the 20, this screen had the "Craft" button lit. When I "craft"ed it went to 0, but the "parent" didn't uptick

• BentWookie wrote: »
    Ohhhh.. I see, that is weird. Did you look at another toon that needed 1? Those Mark 4's are needed by *everyone*, did you upgrade someone else and forget you were working on 40.

I will admit I did that. :(

Lol - no. In fact I also have Daka who needs it too, but her's went yellow (not green) when I got the 20th as she is only level 62 and that upgrade requires level 65.

Sadly, it was Daka's screen that pretty much confirmed that the 20 Mk 4 slavage are pretty much "gone" as her screens look exactly like Lumi's do - despite the fact that I crafted 1 of the 2 for Lumi. Well, that was a couple days wasted farming Mk 4's *sigh*

• Thanks for the help Bent wookie and Widget_gadget

Thanks for the help Bent wookie and Widget_gadget

No problem, sorry I can't help further.. Let us know what happens and if this is an android thing!
    Good luck!
  • The same issue just happened with Old Daka with the same gear piece.

Clicked "Craft" after spending a week gathering 20 Mk 4 SoroSuub Keypad Salvage to craft one of the 2 needed Mk 4 Sorosuub keypads. After clicking craft the 20 disappeared (along with 6,400 credits) but I still have 0/2 Keypads.

EA/CG please fix this bugged piece of equipment. I realize there are a great many things to fix, but basic gear upgrades should be fairly simple.

Luminara's worked after dumping 40 more in (so 60 total, as the first one disappeared as explained above) - I presume Daka's will also work after collecting 40 more - i.e. another week wasted.

• This has happened to me twice now with absolutely no help from EA. Same piece of kit and same character. They want money spent! I've been stupid enough to spend £100 already! Think it's time to give up on the game now!!!
  • claire1568 wrote: »
    This has happened to me twice now with absolutely no help from EA. Same piece of kit and same character. They want money spent! I've been stupid enough to spend £100 already! Think it's time to give up on the game now!!!

Yep - the fact that it's still happening is frustrating. The fact that "customer support" won't even respond is baffling.

• J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse jesse can fix everything!
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Hmmm, I'm actually working on upgrading Luminara to VIII as well, but I didn't get the issue you are seeing. I'll bring it up with our QA team to see if they've ever seen it. liyf0xbqr7uu.png
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hmmm, I'm actually working on upgrading Luminara to VIII as well, but I didn't get the issue you are seeing. I'll bring it up with our QA team to see if they've ever seen it. liyf0xbqr7uu.png

Fair enough, that's all we can ask. Thank you @EA_Jesse

ETA: Just to be clear. It does work correctly after you "waste" the first 20. So in both Luminara's case and Daka's (thanks to the challenge, I got another 20 this morning), once you "craft" and get 0/2, the second time you "craft" you have 1 out of 2. Then the third, 2/2. So in effect you need 3 sets of 20 to level them up - not 2 as it shows.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on