[Guide] Let's Do the Math: Farming 5 Jedi timetables and analysis

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Just wait until the special sith hero gets released In the next event. Then the special droid in the event after. Then the special ewok in the one after that. No way any ftp or moderate spenders can keep up with needing so many highly starred Hero's.
  • StarSon
    7562 posts Member
    Options
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    This post is helpful but makes me think that we are missing something... The Devs have to realize this is going to be almost impossible to do, right?

It will only be impossible for the F2P's to have a 100% success rate on the first go-round, unless they were already farming Jedi toons (which is unlikely, given their overall handicaps in GW/Arena). I have been playing since mid-December, spent $40, and have a 7* Lumi already, along with a 4* JC (30 shard to 5*), and enough other 2 or 3* Jedi that farming to 5* is a possibility. Whether I can get them battle ready in time to beat round 5 is debatable.

But I will try, and it will be fun having a very specific goal to try for over the next 11 days. (Honestly it will probably also cause me to spend another $20 on the game, but meh).
  • Options
    Ok, let's do some more math:

GEAR:
    Assumptions:
    1) Since I don't know how much any one character takes in gear from one level to the next, let's assume (for argument's sake) that gear progression is fairly average between toons.
    2) For energy requirements, let's assume a 33% drop rate for each piece of gear up to gear lvl 5
    3) I'm also going to keep the math easy and assume that you grind level's at 6 energy each

Gear 1 -> gear 2: 6 pieces of gear (108 energy)
    Gear 2 -> gear 3: 9 pieces of gear (162 energy)
    Gear 3 -> gear 4: 17 pieces of gear (306 energy)
    gear 4 -> gear 5: 32 pieces of gear (576 energy)

That's 1152 energy to get one toon from gear 1 to gear 5. A player at level 44 has 103 base energy, plus 2 refills of 120/day, for a max of 343 energy per day. So, you could theoretically get one 5* toon to lvl 5 gear in 4 days. Of course, RNG plays a factor, you may have some of the easy pieces already, and so on. Add an extra 4 days for each additional toon you need to farm.

If, in the case of the OP's point, you need 4 new jedi above the JC you started with, you're looking at a minimum of 16 days longer than the initial farm just to gear your new toons to lvl 5. And lvl 5 gear isn't exactly blowing anybody's socks off.

So, getting to a minimum gear level might not be so bad. Everything above 5, though? Well, look at the curve above and start adding days. Also, note that you can't start farming gear for a character until AFTER you've unlocked them. So these timeframes are *in addition* to the time to farm their shards, not in parallel.

TRAINING:
    from SWGOHcantins.com, the total credit cost (not including the droids), to get your new toon from lvl 1 to lvl 44 is 221,698. If you need to get the 4 new toons posited by the OP, that's 886,792 credits. Now, some players have that sitting around and some don't, but if you don't then you better start finding some good ways to earn.

It also takes 31,225 XP to get your toon from 1 to 44, which is roughly equivalent to 75 3* training droids. hopefully getting these will be taken care of when you grind the levels for gear, so probably not too much of a concern.

MATS
    The biggest issue. You star t needing the purple mats once you try get an ability to lvl 3. If each of your 4 shiny new toons has 3 skills that you want to level (you don't need to level all of their leader skills), and you want to get each skill to at least level 4, you will need at least 7 purple mats per skill per toon. That's 84 purple mats that you somehow need to accumulate in the next 20 days. Is this possible? I have no idea, but I wouldn't want to bet the farm on it.

tl;dr While it is *technically* possible to get 5x5* toons for round 1 of the challenge, you are essentially going all in on the strategy with no idea who the mystery toon is or what their abilities and synergies are, and you STILL most likely won't have the 5x5* lineup geared, trained and skilled in time... :pensive:

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    This post is helpful but makes me think that we are missing something... The Devs have to realize this is going to be almost impossible to do, right?

Note that this is worst case scenario, that you have nothing unlocked and need to farm the 5 jedi. Many people already have JC and Luminara, at the very least.
  • JayBeefed
    73 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »

Note that this is worst case scenario, that you have nothing unlocked and need to farm the 5 jedi. Many people already have JC and Luminara, at the very least.

Agreed. However if *all* you have are mid level JC and Lumi, the argument still holds. The only way the math makes sense is if you already have multiple jedi well on their way to being starred and levelled.

For example, I need:
    11 shards to get a 5* JC (gear VI)
    11 shards toget a 5* Lumi (gear VI)
    20 shards to get a 5* QGJ (gear V)
    130 shards to get 5* Eeth Koth - thankfully I have 4000 arena credits saved.
    140 shards to get a 5* Mace

I am already "almost" ready for the 5x5* challenge, and even I might not be able to get my Mace and Eeth starred, geared and levelled in time. For a newer player or someone who is further behind the curve than I am -- I just really don't see it.
  • Options
    Heres you might want to consider as well...

Scraping your plans for a droid team or whatever you where working on to build a jedi team could come back to bite you..

If the next week they come out with a droid only mission and the character reward for that mission is better!!
  • Options
    Heres you might want to consider as well...

Scraping your plans for a droid team or whatever you where working on to build a jedi team could come back to bite you..

If the next week they come out with a droid only mission and the character reward for that mission is better!!

Aye, that's fair. I am taking a gamble of sorts that it won't be better. Tactically and developmentally speaking, it doesn't seem to make a ton of sense to do "Character only" every week AND have it reward new characters, but we can't know. I could be working on a Jedi team and have it end up being for Wicket, only for there to be "All Droids" for General Grievous the week after. Such is the nature of fremium mobile games :p.

• Options
    @Hawk7915 Sounds like we're both saying the same thing. Thanks for your awesome OP!

• Xeox
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Camalus wrote: »
    I have 2 jedi, this whole event is skewed, I will NEVER be able to compete in this event., Thanks CG

This is meant to pull the current meta away from poe, poggle and fill In the Rest with glass cannons. If you focused on this meta its your fault for following the pack.

For me I'm laughing, I refused to follow meta and went with my team of

7* QGJ full gear 8 tomorrow, 6,6,6,6 (leader)
    7* Lumi full gear 8 Saturday 6,6,6 3 on leader
    7* Ahsoka full gear 8 Saturday 6,6,6,3 on leader
    5* Aayla full gear 8 Saturday 6,6,6,3 on leader
    4* barris full gear 8 tomorrow 6,6,6,3 in leader

Barris or Aayla won't be 7* (unless shard shop is friendly enough) but I have alternate Jedi for the 5 x 7* needed

I always place 2nd on arena behind a player 4 levels higher and 4K more power, take 1st every few days.

Arena is no other competition right now and GW is a joke to breeze thru with my B team only, no retreats and no deaths in 15 days

I also have 7* JC who needs some levels and gear and a 7* Kit who needs some levels and gear

If played to have fun not just make the FOTM then your roster would be more diverse

Looking forward to my 7* Jedi next week (wish it was Shaak Ti and not yoda)
  • Options
    Im gonna be pushing to get there. Have 5 Jedi, lumi at 5, jc at 6, jg at 5, qgj at 4 and mace at 4. Lumi will be 7 no prob. Jc need 46 shards, can farm 9 battles, should get there. I farm mace at 4-1 to get my cantina credits. Getting him to 7 will be hard. Qgj will also be hard. Jg will be hard because of the qgj focus. Maybe try to push them to 6? Other thing I'm hoping for is some Jedi shards in shard shop. Saving my arena credits hoping someone I need shows up there.
  • Options
    One other thing everyone isn't mentioning is the credit cost. From 3* to 4 is 100k. Then it's 250k from 4* to 5. I think it's then 500k and finally 1 million credits from 6 to 7. So besides the fact that even if you somehow get enough shards, will you be able to promote everyone
  • Options
    Something to keep in mind is the shard shop. Especially when it applies to the GW. Hypothetically, If you have a 7* Lumi you might be able to purchase more Lumi shards with GW currency and use that in the Shard shop.
  • Options
    Just gonna say the math work in the OP is awesome, thanks!
    (now I can always revisit through the "participated" threads :tongue: )
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Xeox wrote: »
    I have 2 jedi, this whole event is skewed, I will NEVER be able to compete in this event., Thanks CG

This is meant to pull the current meta away from poe, poggle and fill In the Rest with glass cannons. If you focused on this meta its your fault for following the pack.

For me I'm laughing, I refused to follow meta and went with my team of

7* QGJ full gear 8 tomorrow, 6,6,6,6 (leader)
    7* Lumi full gear 8 Saturday 6,6,6 3 on leader
    7* Ahsoka full gear 8 Saturday 6,6,6,3 on leader
    5* Aayla full gear 8 Saturday 6,6,6,3 on leader
    4* barris full gear 8 tomorrow 6,6,6,3 in leader

Barris or Aayla won't be 7* (unless shard shop is friendly enough) but I have alternate Jedi for the 5 x 7* needed

I always place 2nd on arena behind a player 4 levels higher and 4K more power, take 1st every few days.

Arena is no other competition right now and GW is a joke to breeze thru with my B team only, no retreats and no deaths in 15 days

I also have 7* JC who needs some levels and gear and a 7* Kit who needs some levels and gear

If played to have fun not just make the FOTM then your roster would be more diverse

Looking forward to my 7* Jedi next week (wish it was Shaak Ti and not yoda)

No offense, but on my server your team would get wasted. You wouldn't even make it close to the top 10.
  • Options
    I smell a new Credits pack sub/deal coming to the data store soon.

I guess they are making the current ones pay a tad better in patch... but, yeah.

Gonna need a ton of Credits. TONS.
  • Options

come on man! its not an impossible task. you will eventually unlock this mystery character, like all jedi says "patience" is the key.
  • Vos
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Nice work sir!
  • Options
    I'm not going to unlock Yoda first time through (don't even have 5 Jedi) but if it comes back in more than a month I SHOULD have at least 5, 5* if not 6* I chose to farm Mace, would of had him by now if I didn't try Kylo Ren