Direction and help badly needed!

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and relatively new to the game. I've been playing for little over two weeks now, and I'm level 46. I have a few different toons and a lineup which is fairly strong but lacks and umph or synergy. I'm on a server which must be new as the top arena spots are held by level 49's and below. I've tried to be as efficient as possible with my farming and refreshes but now I'm struggling for direction. I'm also way underpowered for the new Yoda event, so I'm wondering do I chase that goal or accept that I'm far too weak for it and continue for a good arena/gw team.

I see that many people in the forums have complained about the difficulty of GW. This has also been a problem for me and I'll try to include some pictures to show why. It's my fourth day in today, and the first two days I could win it easily on auto, the third day I lost on the 7nth match because my lvl45 team got paired with a lvl60 team (...) and today it was extremely strong competition again and I fell one short of winning.
My aim is to find a goal to move towards and hopefully have a team which works well in both the arena and GW with maximum toon crossover.
I also have enough shards for an 8pack of chromium's which I can purchase and still afford my refreshes which are more important in my mind. The question is shall I use them now or is there any benefit to waiting for the patch to drop, as there seems to be no additional chromium toons added.
I currently do hard mode for dooku and luminara and sometimes JC, Chewie and Jawa, who are under leveled. I use GS in cantina, Sid in arena and Lumi in GW.
Thanks for any advice in advance,
Scraggle.

Replies

• Well, welcome to the forum.

At your level you might find the GW gets harder before it gets better, you are in the mid levels that can make it kind of rough, just try to get as far as you can and know that levels will make it better.

As far as chromium packs go, that's your decision. Conventional wisdom says you get better value spending shards on refreshes. That way you get the shards you want and a chance at equipment.

Going after Lumi is smart, she will be with you for a long time. You might work on Daka when you can as she is a legitimate Dark side healer (..and the the only real Dark healer that is not into self abuse.)

.. Most of all remember to have fun!
  • Piling on to the excellent advice above, I'd second the opinion that crystals spent on Chromium packs are wasted. Even if you unlocked an awesome character, you'd quickly find yourself frustrated by being unable to increase their star level, which significantly limits how strong they can become.

I'd use crystal refreshes to farm shards for your favorites (whichever they may be!) and try to get them to 6 or 7 stars. You'll see a significant power boost once you've trained, starred, and geared your team up, and that'll help you out a lot with GW and beyond.

Good luck!
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.

• Going after Lumi is smart, she will be with you for a long time. You might work on Daka when you can as she is a legitimate Dark side healer (..and the the only real Dark healer that is not into self abuse.)

.. Most of all remember to have fun!

I flip-flop on Daka. Shes solid, for sure, but some days I love her more than others. Depends on the roll of the proverbial die that day. Still a decent healer for dark side, but it takes far too long to her heal ability to regen.

I chose to go against Lumi, thinking I'd find a way to be great without her since EVERYONE runs her. Shoulda grabbed her, after all, with the new Jedi events being announced.

That said, look around the forums long enough and you'll find tons of great squad ideas, most with pros and cons listed in decent detail. Sadly you'll see way more people just whining about which characters are overpowered/underpowered. Somewhere in the middle you'll find a bunch of my posts raving about droid squads.

Best advice I can give you is to spend time time reading around, formulate a plan and stick to it. I switched plans halfway through and now have 2 really good squads instead of one ace squad, and that's what's preventing my from going higher in the arena/GW. After a few months of grinding I'm in a much better place, but still a step behind where I want to be.

As for shards, spend them refreshing energy and grind-grind-grind! Pick one target in each shipment section and focus on them. Don't spread yourself too thin.
  • I would love some advice on what characters should be together on a team because I think that might be part of my problem that I can't finish GW
  • Thanks for the excellent replies guys. I tried to post some photos of my heroes but I can't get it to work. So far I have:
    Main lineup,
    4*G6 46 Sid leader (Skills 3/4/4/4)
    4*G6 46 Dooku 4/4/4/4
    4*G6 46 Chewie 1/3/2/1 ( I feel like my Chewie is very underpowered compared to the Poe's and he has little gear at this level and no extra shards as I was/am unsure if to keep him)
    4*G5 46 Lumi 3/4/4/1
    3*G6 46 Jawa 1/1/1 (decidedly weaker 5th member, few shares gear or abilities, keeping around until QJ or GS is sufficient to fill in I think)

The rest:
    3*G5 46 GS 1/1/1
    2*G5 46 JC 1/2/1
    2*(3 tomorrow) G6 46 QGJ 1/2/1/1
    3* G4 38 Talia 1/1/1/1
    1* G3 38 FOTP 1/1/1
    3* G4 34 Eeth 1/1/1/1
    1* 28 Royal guard
    2* 21 Clone Sarg
    2* 21 Teebo
    1* 1 Ewok Scout
    1* 1 IG86
    1* 1 nightstalker initiate
    1* 1 Snowtrooper.

Hope that helps more on specific advice and direction,
    Thanks again for the warm responses.
  • How in the world did you not spend a cent ?(lots of patients)