Ezra Watch and Learn ability question

Antares
686 posts Member
edited March 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before, but the description is not quite clear:

Target ally attacks and then Ezra assists them, dealing 20% more damage. Both attackers gain a bonus effect based on the chosen ally's role:
- Attacker: +100% Crit for this attack
- Tank: Protection Up (40%) for 2 turns
- Support: +40% Turn Meter Gain

what does +100% Crit mean? Crit damage or Crit chance, or maybe both?

Replies

• Options
    Crit %.

Not that it matters -- having a support toon to take advantage of the 40% TM is all that matters.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    I believe it means that both the ally and Ezra have a 100% chance to score a critical hit on the attack.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    KyloRey wrote: »
    I believe it means that both the ally and Ezra have a 100% chance to score a critical hit on the attack.

Hmm...I am not so sure about that because I tried it in the event and I did not score a critical hit...but there is also critical avoidance which reduces that chance.

I would prefer +100% Crit chance, because this would mean that Aayla always stuns (neglecting tenacity). I have the the 40% TM gain anyway on my Yoda on his basic...
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Crit %.

But there is a difference between +100% crit damage and +100% crit chance
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    Antares wrote: »

Hmm...I am not so sure about that because I tried it in the event and I did not score a critical hit...but there is also critical avoidance which reduces that chance.

I would prefer +100% Crit chance, because this would mean that Aayla always stuns (neglecting tenacity). I have the the 40% TM gain anyway on my Yoda on his basic...

You used an ally who is an attacker? Just confirming that.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

I mean, Aayla is classified as a support character despite having "Versatile attacker" in her character description so she would just gain 40% TM.

It's fun to use with Yoda if yoda just went though. He gets 80% TM if the target was over 50% health heheh.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

I mean, Aayla is classified as a support character despite having "Versatile attacker" in her character description so she would just gain 40% TM.

It's fun to use with Yoda if yoda just went though. He gets 80% TM if the target was over 50% health heheh.

Ah, true, my mistake! Still, I would like to know whether it's criti damage or chance...
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have a different question about the same move: Can either the target ally or Ezra be countered when using this move?

edit: I didn't notice if Kanan countered when I used this move in the event.
  • Options
    It's Crit chance
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    You know, I just used Ezra in a Cantina battle and I used his Watch and Learn ability 3 times in the battle and selected Anakin all 3 times (he's an attacker). Anakin scored a critical hit every time, BUT not Ezra. He scored a crit hit 2 out of 3 times.

My understanding is that both Ezra and the ally get the bonus effect so I would think Ezra should have scored a critical hit all 3 times. :/
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Ah, true, my mistake! Still, I would like to know whether it's criti damage or chance...

If Ezra calls an attacker (JKA, Ahsoka, Wedge, Sabine) that attacker gets an additional 100% critical chance for the attack.
    If Ezra calls a support (Aayla, Yoda, QGJ, Biggs, EP, Hera) that support gains 40% TM.
    If Ezra calls a tank (GK, Baze, Kanan) that tank gains protection up.

Ezra will then call himself to assist after the other assist happens. Because he himself is an attacker, he will gain an additional 100% critical chance for that attack as well. As per the description he also deals 20% more damage on his assist.
  • Options

SWGOH.gg mechanics put it as crit chance
  • Options
    Crit %.

Not that it matters -- having a support toon to take advantage of the 40% TM is all that matters.

Well unless the attack allows you to one shot someone with another attacker....
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Crit %.

Well unless the attack allows you to one shot someone with another attacker....

Its a great match starting move first and foremost. You'll one shot later in the match.
  • Options

It is actually 200% crit chance, not sure why the text says 100%
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

No it's not. Advantage gives 200% crit chance. This attack doesn't grant advantage. The text states that attackers gain an additional +100% critical chance for the attack. So if your chosen attacker like Wedge has a base crit chance of 40% and then he gets called to assist he will have an effective critical chance of 140% for that attack.
  • Options

No it's not. Advantage gives 200% crit chance. This attack doesn't grant advantage. The text states that attackers gain an additional +100% critical chance for the attack. So if your chosen attacker like Wedge has a base crit chance of 40% and then he gets called to assist he will have an effective critical chance of 140% for that attack.

@Vertigo

Wrong.

"Modify stat Physical Critical Percent Additive by 200% (additive)"

https://swgoh.gg/characters/ezra-bridger/ability/watch-and-learn
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

@Vertigo

Wrong.

Oh, ok I stand corrected. Hadn't actually read the mechanics on there, just read the way Biggs assist works.

It probably has to do with the way advantage works though. Advantage is considered 100% chance to be a crit the next attack, but it's coded into the game as +200% crit chance. They should've just stated that it would be a guaranteed critical like advantage does. Seriously Mr. Descripto or whoever makes these descriptions needs to be more clear and write things they way they are, not just something close.
  • Options

If Ezra calls an attacker (JKA, Ahsoka, Wedge, Sabine) that attacker gets an additional 100% critical chance for the attack.
    If Ezra calls a support (Aayla, Yoda, QGJ, Biggs, EP, Hera) that support gains 40% TM.

Ezra will then call himself to assist after the other assist happens. Because he himself is an attacker, he will gain an additional 100% critical chance for that attack as well. As per the description he also deals 20% more damage on his assist.

Just to clarify:

Ezra gets the same buff as the person he picks, his role is irrelevant to the ability.

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Just to clarify:

Ezra gets the same buff as the person he picks, his role is irrelevant to the ability.

Oh lol, maybe I just got lucky and he was always critting even when I was picking EP to assist.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

@Vertigo

Wrong.

Oh, ok I stand corrected. Hadn't actually read the mechanics on there, just read the way Biggs assist works.

It probably has to do with the way advantage works though. Advantage is considered 100% chance to be a crit the next attack, but it's coded into the game as +200% crit chance. They should've just stated that it would be a guaranteed critical like advantage does. Seriously Mr. Descripto or whoever makes these descriptions needs to be more clear and write things they way they are, not just something close.

It is 200% crit chance to over come crit avoidance mod if it is equipped.
    Of course it still won't work against crit immunity or zeta Maul stealth.

Probably didn't want to say guaranteed crit, even though that was the intention because it won't work against crit immunity. Of course now it causes other confusion.
  • Options
    So, it is still not clear whether it's +100% chance or damage when used on an attacker. You guys said that it is critical chance, but I myself saw him not scoring a critical hit on multiple occasions (and also @KyloRey).
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    So, it is still not clear whether it's +100% chance or damage when used on an attacker. You guys said that it is critical chance, but I myself saw him not scoring a critical hit on multiple occasions (and also @KyloRey).

@slickdealer gave you the answer

Vertigo

Wrong.

But for those that like visuals

QJHcqML.png
  • 3so
    29 posts Member
    Options
    You know, I just used Ezra in a Cantina battle and I used his Watch and Learn ability 3 times in the battle and selected Anakin all 3 times (he's an attacker). Anakin scored a critical hit every time, BUT not Ezra. He scored a crit hit 2 out of 3 times.

My understanding is that both Ezra and the ally get the bonus effect so I would think Ezra should have scored a critical hit all 3 times. :/

i didnthe same thing and my Ezra hit for crit once... all w anakin who crit