Tank Takedown STILL bad?!?

Prev1
Seriously how is this still a thing? It's the most unfun garbage in this game since it's inception and it's still the exact same.... Do they just ignore their player base or what?

Replies

• It's a lot better then it was, maybe your guild just isn't up to it yet?
  • Roadburn12 wrote: »
    It's a lot better then it was, maybe your guild just isn't up to it yet?

Aside from throwing 50 people at it... it's still just bad. The mechanics in general are just horrendous...
  • Belfazar
    586 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    It's fine. After the adjustment the raid took my guild about a month to complete it the first time now we are down to 10days
    Come join us.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/belfazar/
    PM me if interested.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    I completely despise p1, no I don't have a well developed team suited for it and outside of maybe a zkylo I have no desire to farm a team for it. It's just a total pita imo, although I do like p2 and p4.
  • Drax_77 wrote: »
    I completely despise p1, no I don't have a well developed team suited for it and outside of maybe a zkylo I have no desire to farm a team for it. It's just a total pita imo, although I do like p2 and p4.

P3 gets me but agreed
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Roadburn12 wrote: »
    It's a lot better then it was, maybe your guild just isn't up to it yet?

Aside from throwing 50 people at it... it's still just bad. The mechanics in general are just horrendous...

The mechanics are designed to make it challenging. It is. It's been months of fun beating this raid. Not sure why you're so salty.
  • It's a good raid. Was challenging, took work to improve at it, now our guild knocks down a heroic every few days. way easier and way more fun than the old hard mode EQ2 raids I played in before retiring from MMOs and coming to this game. If you and your guild aren't focused on improving at it, then yeah i can see you hating it. The variety and versatility in the differing phases is refreshing and way better than the Rancor. I am interested and looking forward to the next raid to be released; hopefully they've began working on it.
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • It's a cakewalk. All depends on your mods, having teams G10+, and the strategy you use.
  • Or dare yourself to make a better score every raid
  • Or dare yourself to make a better score every raid

+ the guild
  • Just auto it everyday and don't worry bout it.

Lahey
  • Before they fixed it, it took our guild several weeks to complete the normal tier. When they fixed it, we complete it in less than a day. Now it's taking us a few hours. As we've been figuring out good team compositions and strategies, it's actually gotten a good deal more fun. I much more enjoy the tank than the rancor, because it's boring to sit there and take turn meter away from the guard captain and do the same move combinations for a half hour three times a week. With four very different phases and different teams in each phase, the tank is much more enjoyable to play.
  • I'm on board with the P1 haters and folks who think P3 is "meh". I also do enjoy P2 and P4. I guess I just don't care much for having an enemy that's constantly countering and taking tons of attacks and dumping DoTs on you before you get a chance to do anything about it... That's pretty much P1 and P3 for me.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    OP needs to be more specific
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member
    before the speed change i would agree (both 4x speed and animation speedup) but now its quite good imo

it takes a strong guild but there has to be some end content thats out of reach for some (thats what normal mode is for)

and even then its pitifully easy for alot of guilds now
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    The mechanics are designed to make it challenging. It is. It's been months of fun beating this raid. Not sure why you're so salty.

+1

Also, players wanted something challenging after having farmed the pit raid for months. A raid where one single team and tactic could take you through the whole raid. When introducing AAT the designers actually DID listen to their player base.
  • i can't remember the last time i participated in a tank take down. i won't do them. they are garbage. way to challenging for me. the one i did participate in took forever to finish oh wait we didn't finish it we abandon it because everyone in the guild got sick of it.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Difficulty =/= badly made
  • Not a fan of P1 or 3 at all - not just because they are difficult but I have to agree they aren't created in a fun manner. P2 and P4 are fun because you get to take turns, you initiate the action, and you are playing. The matches in 2/4 are also longer lasting - relative to P1 especially if not using zKylo - so it feels more satisfying. P1 (especially) and P3 are way too much watching the AI take turns / actions - you're not playing nearly as much. Watching the AI counter a bunch, spam taunts, and take more actions just isn't enjoyable. I'd appreciate a challenge that allows me to be more active vs. the AI.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    The AAT raid has been the main reason to improve my roster. Geared quite a few toons wich i won't ever use in arena. GW has also become more fun because of this.
    The raid itself can be frustrating at times, but then gain, the whole game can be frustrating at times. Overall i really like the raid. My guild is still in the "sweetspot" period of a raid; no need for rules, yet no fear of not clearing it. Sure is more fun than the rancor at the moment.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I quite enjoy it. Take a cleanser like Ackbar/Rex into P1 and it becomes okay. P2 is obviously an absolute blast, especially if you have a team like Droids or Clones. P3 is fun with Empire because of all the free TM you can get. P4 is like a harder P2, but still great fun with clones/Droids/Rebels.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    HAAT is fun. It draws a line between players who improves and those who chose not to.
  • I agree the raid is fun on the whole - also I have zKylo to solo P1 no problem - but I'd just prefer to have a hard challenge that didn't involve the AI countering so much. I prefer to play more than to watch the AI take so much action. That's really my main complaint - increase the ratio of my actions relative to the AI - P1 in particular. P3 isn't as bad.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I won't say I truly hate it.
    My guild beat normal AAT under 24 hours, the big problem is HAAT. HAAT has sooo much health and when some people refuse to use strategy it just gets impossible.. My only chance to complete heroic would be if I found another guild, but I don't want to do that..

Thats what I hate a little with the Tank Raid. It breaks many guilds apart.

Post edited by Gamorrean on
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    In P3 of the Tank raid, Foresight is not taken into account as a positive status effect and so the main cannon deals unmitigable damage. Is it a bug, a known issue ?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    spotremix wrote: »
    i can't remember the last time i participated in a tank take down. i won't do them. they are garbage. way to challenging for me. the one i did participate in took forever to finish oh wait we didn't finish it we abandon it because everyone in the guild got sick of it.

They nerfed the normal mode raid hard back in december. You should try it again now

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    @spotremix
    After they nerfed normal, my guild went from 5 days to 1 1/2 hour to complete it , still took us a little while before we went Heroic
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Our guild finishes AAT normal. Takes a few weeks (not kidding, but we only have a handful of players able to do enough damage). But we get it done. For droid heavy phase 3, I like Rebels (Wiggs, Lando, Leia, Boba) or my jedi team lead by IGD, his group counters are fun to watch.
  • Our guild just started doing HAAT. We beat it in 6 hours yesterday.

Not bad at all with the right teams, communication between guild members, and strategy.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • We have been doing HAAT for a long while. I do think the raid is horribly unfun, but at least theres 4x speed now....

Pit was and is 10x more fun. I guess I like the simplicity of using a single squad vs using 4....