Is Nihilus Drain Force bypassing Tenacity Up WAI?

Prev134
When Rex has tenacity up buff on team, Nihilus still raises cooldowns. Seems like it should work like turn meter reduction so it is subject to tenacity-potency formula, but it is not doing so currently. Would appreciate clarity on WAI or not!

Replies

• Agree, it should same as TM reduction.
  • It's not a potency based ability. It also doesn't inflict a negative status effect so I'd say WAI.
  • shb
    49 posts Member
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    It's not a potency based ability. It also doesn't inflict a negative status effect so I'd say WAI.

By that reasoning neither is turn meter reduction
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    shb wrote: »
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    It's not a potency based ability. It also doesn't inflict a negative status effect so I'd say WAI.

By that reasoning neither is turn meter reduction

Does tenacity up prevent zader TM reduction? I haven't run zader in a very long time so don't remember.
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Zader's tm reduction can't be resisted. It is writing in his skill explanation. But there is no explanation on dn skill about it.
    There is a mistake with it but devs dont accept this. They should change dn skill explanation or fix it.
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    Its been clarified by the devs before in other posts, that its not a debuff, it applies specifically to ability cool downs so is WAI today.

Xio
  • Xioborg wrote: »
    Its been clarified by the devs before in other posts, that its not a debuff, it applies specifically to ability cool downs so is WAI today.

Do you have a link? I tried searching but came up empty.

That explanation still doesn't really make sense when held up against TMR which you could say "is not a debuff, it applies specifically to turn meter." Tenacity up blocks TMR other than Vader lead, but that is explicitly stated as irresistable. Nihilus is not explicitly stated.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    This has to be changed, Ewoks or bust

(Give Ewoks back thier right, or bust nihilius)
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Nihilus's skill is great because of that, it isnt even dealing any debuffs (: that is why your cheap Tenacity Up doesn't work, pal
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    Nihilus's skill is great because of that, it isnt even dealing any debuffs (: that is why your cheap Tenacity Up doesn't work, pal

It's not great, it's broken.

If Ewoks can be resisted, cooldown increase can be.

(Salty about Ewok nerfs)
    (Daze ruins Ewoks)
    (Add "TM can't be prevented" to Chirpa's leader)
  • Xioborg wrote: »

The last line of that thread, Kozispon says "All fair points. We've submitted a bug on the inconsistency of Tenacity Up against TM removal and Cooldown Increase to see what we can see."

So I guess it's still a bit of an open debate. Good link, thanks!!!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    Looks like @Xioborg found my quote- and is correct! This has been flagged as a bug.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Hiya!
    Looks like @Xioborg found my quote- and is correct! This has been flagged as a bug.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

Ewoks+1 point!

(Of cours I'm stilled annnoyed that 1. Other factions take Ewoks thing (huge TM gain, TM reduce and stealth) 2. Other factions keep getting nerf Ewoks (daze no revive)
  • Mjay
    8 posts Member
    I don't get it, so last month you confirm its WAI and now not so much? It must be pure coincidence that when P2P he was fine, now not so much?
  • Mjay
    8 posts Member
    Kind of a kick in the nuts to those of us that LISTENED to you when you said it was WAI and put a bunch of money into him.
  • Mjay wrote: »
    Kind of a kick in the nuts to those of us that LISTENED to you when you said it was WAI and put a bunch of money into him.

My guess is they say TMR remains resistible and Drain Force gets an updated description saying it's irresistible. Everyone's happy, then.

• Drain force should be resistable.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Better fix Teebo and all TM reducing toons to work against toons with potency up.
    My guess is they say TMR remains resistible and Drain Force gets an updated description saying it's irresistible. Everyone's happy, then.
    Would make sense and be appropriate for one of the mightiest sith which ever existed.
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Mjay wrote: »
    Do you see the error here? I do
    But yes #maketeebogrtagain
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member

Exactly how I feel, I've invested two zetas in him and built my entire squad around nihlus :(
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    I don't get it, so last month you confirm its WAI and now not so much? It must be pure coincidence that when P2P he was fine, now not so much?

Just because something was flagged as a bug doesn't mean it will get changed. for the most part it just means it is getting looked at and one day may get changed or could be left alone.
  • Orca
    67 posts Member
    Mazurka wrote: »

Exactly how I feel, I've invested two zetas in him and built my entire squad around nihlus :(

+2

Making Drain Force resistable would be such a nerf that the devs would have to refund both Zetas, which indirectly means that people will spend less money working to get more zetas faster. In other words it's a lose-lose: the 77.4672% of all players who use Nih will be salty and EA will make less earnings which drive its stock price.

TM reduction and CD reduction are two very different things. The whole CD reduction mechanic was designed to be irresistible for both DT and Nih, therefore there's no need to explicitly state that it's irresistable.
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member

Don't worry man they just flagged it as a bug, they didn't say they will fix it lol
    Probably you will be changed your nihilus when they fix it
  • Orca wrote: »
    TM reduction and CD reduction are two very different things. The whole CD reduction mechanic was designed to be irresistible for both DT and Nih, therefore there's no need to explicitly state that it's irresistable.

I get that they're different things, but clarify why you think they're "very different" in regards to a tenacity check, based on their application and description IN-GAME.

Design intent is not conveyed in-game, so what's the harm in just cleaning up the ability description and making it all nice and clear for everyone? If it DID say irresistable at release, would you argue that "irresistable" should be removed from the description? I don't follow your logic.
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Orca wrote: »

I get that they're different things, but clarify why you think they're "very different" in regards to a tenacity check, based on their application and description IN-GAME.

Design intent is not conveyed in-game, so what's the harm in just cleaning up the ability description and making it all nice and clear for everyone? If it DID say irresistable at release, would you argue that "irresistable" should be removed from the description? I don't follow your logic.

They would probably not put "can't be resisted" in the description for something new like this. It allows them to change it later after testing and not technically be a nerf.

Right now they could come along and say oh it was always intended to be reisistable/unreisistable and the description currently supports both those answers.
  • scuba wrote: »
    They would probably not put "can't be resisted" in the description for something new like this. It allows them to change it later after testing and not technically be a nerf.

But...they did exactly that with Vader's zeta.
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

But...they did exactly that with Vader's zeta.
    As I said "new like this". There was probably enough testing of the dot reapplication to warrant it.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    They'll probably fix it once nobody uses him anymore.

But #makeewoksgreatagain
    Still pushing for Chirpa lead give: no TM gain prevent and/or no TM reduction prevent.