Accuracy Set Bonus Mods

PuppyJuicers
155 posts Member
edited March 2017
Where are they? Evasion has no direct counter unless you are willing to give up speed for accuracy on an arrow mod. If you give up +30 speed on each character, you are basically asking to get slaughtered in arena. Releasing a challenge for accuracy set bonus mods seems like a no-brainer.

Replies

• Where are they? Evasion has no direct counter unless you are willing to give up speed for accuracy on an arrow mod. If you give up +30 speed on each character, you are basically asking to get slaughtered in arena. Releasing a challenge for accuracy set bonus mods seems like a no-brainer?

Definetly. And it shouldn't be something small like 5%, I'm talking 15-20% accuracy

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Agreed. This should be a thing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • They shouldn't make a new mod set to nullify a single toon's ability, it's an ugly precedent. I'd rather have a kill Chaze mod set if they are going to do that. Yes more than Zaul dodges but people aren't complaining about all the meta Lumi led teams.

Adding Accuracy as a secondary stat would be better.
  • Maybe Phoenix toons are who you need for the challenge.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    They shouldn't make a new mod set to nullify a single toon's ability, it's an ugly precedent. I'd rather have a kill Chaze mod set if they are going to do that. Yes more than Zaul dodges but people aren't complaining about all the meta Lumi led teams.

I think anything to decrease (or at least allow players to choose to decrease) the dodge aspect of the game that many people don't like is fine. Secondary stats would work as well.

It seems an oddity that arrow/primary is the only place for accuracy in mods. If it's added as a secondary stat on other mods or as a set of it's own, I'd be good with either. It's not really to offset a specific character (although Zaul is the reason for the asking now) - but the dodge aspect in general.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • What about mods that add abilities? Or is that changing things too much?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    What about mods that add abilities? Or is that changing things too much?

There was a discussion about this when an old picture of mods popped up and one looked like it had the "Retribution" symbol on it.

Honestly, I think it depends on what abilities were "addable" - some would be fine. As more characters gain the ability to Daze, for example, retribution might be okay.

Some could become quite a problem. As an example of this, "stun" mods would be crazy - especially on characters like Fives or Dooku.

They would have to be introduced very carefully.

• Accuracy mods would be fine, but then we would need dodge mods as well!
  • PuppyJuicers
    155 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    They shouldn't make a new mod set to nullify a single toon's ability, it's an ugly precedent. I'd rather have a kill Chaze mod set if they are going to do that. Yes more than Zaul dodges but people aren't complaining about all the meta Lumi led teams.

It would be no different than stacking offensive mods to combat specific characters who have critical hit immunity? There are multiple characters who have high base dodge ratings, and there are multiple leaders with evasion bonuses with absolutely nothing to counter with. This is the second time in this game's short lifespan that we have gone through a dodge meta. Rex works right now, but it's because of the advantage + critical hit TM boost (see the specific part above), which has nothing to do with evasion. Having a direct counter to all squad leaders would lead to more diversification throughout the game. Currently, 68% of players holding the 1 spot are using Maul or Rex. Last I counted, there were like 60+ leaders in this game. Having only a handful of them viable at a time is the true "ugly precedent".
  • Accuracy mods would be fine, but then we would need dodge mods as well!

Give us characters with a leadership ability to boost a squad's base accuracy, then sure! Otherwise, a dodge squad with dodge mods would render accuracy mods with no accuracy leadership completely irrelevant.

• It could be a challenge where you need to take Sith or Seperatists,(or Nightsisters, Ewoks lol)
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    All you need is to stick an accuracy arrow on B2 then it'll be like everyone has a +25% accuracy mod
  • MBL_66 wrote: »
    All you need is to stick an accuracy arrow on B2 then it'll be like everyone has a +25% accuracy mod

And B2 still misses a lot
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Accuracy Challenge: Requires 5 Clones

And we can't have an Accuracy challenge without an Evasion challenge, right? Need to keep it balanced ;)

Evasion Challenge: Requires 5 Sith.

Fixes everything right?
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

And we can't have an Accuracy challenge without an Evasion challenge, right? Need to keep it balanced ;)
    Just like there's a slow challenge to offset the speed challenge, right?
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

Just like there's a slow challenge to offset the speed challenge, right?

No the offset to the speed challenge is the lack of speed secondaries, everybody knows that ;)
  • Maybe Phoenix toons are who you need for the challenge.

I'd argue that they wouldn't make a mod challenge where the faction needed to fight in it was only big enough to fill one team, and then I remember Resistance exists...and ya....
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Vertigo322 wrote: »
    Maybe Phoenix toons are who you need for the challenge.

I'd argue that they wouldn't make a mod challenge where the faction needed to fight in it was only big enough to fill one team, and then I remember Resistance exists...and ya....

Jawas = 5 characters. FO = 5 characters. Resistance = 5 characters. However Jawas are fairly easy to farm they're all either in shipments or starting characters. Resistance and FO have been around for a while.

I'd say they wouldn't make a mod challenge require a faction that only has 5 characters AND has only just been released.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Jawas = 5 characters. FO = 5 characters. Resistance = 5 characters. However Jawas are fairly easy to farm they're all either in shipments or starting characters. Resistance and FO have been around for a while.

I'd say they wouldn't make a mod challenge require a faction that only has 5 characters AND has only just been released.

Hmm touche to that. Though I don't really see them adding a whole new mod type anytime soon. That'd require quite a bit of UI changes along with the implementing of the new type. I agree that accuracy could be added as a new possible secondary stat, maybe it is already? I swear I've seen accuracy as a stat in the mods.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member

Hmm touche to that. Though I don't really see them adding a whole new mod type anytime soon. That'd require quite a bit of UI changes along with the implementing of the new type. I agree that accuracy could be added as a new possible secondary stat, maybe it is already? I swear I've seen accuracy as a stat in the mods.

I mean you can get accuracy primary arrows, but they max out at 12% accuracy for a 5 dot mod. Not sure how much accuracy a full set would give if it were a thing.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

I think anything to decrease (or at least allow players to choose to decrease) the dodge aspect of the game that many people don't like is fine. Secondary stats would work as well.

It seems an oddity that arrow/primary is the only place for accuracy in mods. If it's added as a secondary stat on other mods or as a set of it's own, I'd be good with either. It's not really to offset a specific character (although Zaul is the reason for the asking now) - but the dodge aspect in general.

I agree it should be other places, probably crit avoidance as well. I think they were under the illusion that mod stats were balanced and underestimated the impact of speed.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

I mean you can get accuracy primary arrows, but they max out at 12% accuracy for a 5 dot mod. Not sure how much accuracy a full set would give if it were a thing.

It'd be nice to see a two set bonus of 5%. It would still give evasion leadership's an advantage, but not allow a character like Sidious to dodge a dozen consecutive attacks.
  • Well, Bodhi Rook is a step in the right direction.