Gear crunch

The gear crunch is becoming increasingly difficult. I'm a December 2015 player https://swgoh.gg/u/knepper/ and I can't even imagine what it would be like for a new player starting and trying to be competitive. One of the main reason for this crunch is the tremendous increase in new character introduced over the past 6+ months.

Here are some solutions.

1. Have a gear exchange store.

2. Lower the amount of tickets needed for the Heroic Rancor pit to 30k. Currently guilds can runs it 3 times a week, this would allow guild in theory run it once a day if everyone is getting 600 tickets.

3. Gear challenge. These can rotate gear types.

Thoughts? Other ideas?

Replies

• Options
    It's tough, you have to prioritise your resources and farming. Don't go for every meta, wait and see what rises to the top and go for that.

The current meta, for example, Zaul and Sith, will run for a while. Even when the next meta comes out, Zaul will still be viable. So, when you can't hold position in arena, go for a new meta, otherwise miss a few and hoard until you're ready.

I went all in on Sith and will sit out Phoenix (not meta anyway) and possibly the next meta, as long as my Sith can get me to #1 at payout.

Don't try to "catch em all".
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    It's tough, you have to prioritise your resources and farming. Don't go for every meta, wait and see what rises to the top and go for that.

The current meta, for example, Zaul and Sith, will run for a while. Even when the next meta comes out, Zaul will still be viable. So, when you can't hold position in arena, go for a new meta, otherwise miss a few and hoard until you're ready.

I went all in on Sith and will sit out Phoenix (not meta anyway) and possibly the next meta, as long as my Sith can get me to #1 at payout.

Don't try to "catch em all".

I'm trying this strategy, but as a full f2p, it's still really challenging to keep up with even 20% of the metas. I have no Chaze or Jyn, no Maul, no Kylo, no Finn, and I only recently abandoned my Wedge-led rebels-plus-Palp squad in favor of a Zader team that's got me back in the top-30. I'd like to push towards DN now, but by the time I get there (building him plus Sith Trooper and Assassin is no walk in the park), I fully expect that something else will have already arrived that neutralizes whatever I've spent two months working on. Without a way to ease that gear crunch (every toon I want to build for these squads seems to need 4-6 items I can only complete one or two of per month), and since I also spent a lot of time strengthening HAAT squads to help my guild, it can feel like my only option is trying to anticipate the next meta and hoping I guess right.
  • Options
    Most people need more rancor raid gear than tank gear, that's backwards.