Flashback Friday: Were there really just 75 Toons only 13 months ago?

Been reading up on the game from the Internets...found this old article:
https://apptrigger.com/2015/12/12/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-complete-character-list/

I only started playing early FEB 2017, so this "era" is what I'll remember when I talk about "the good old days".

What do the more senior players here remember from last year?

(ok, yes, I could have watched some YouTube videos from last year instead of starting this thread)
When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.

Replies

• StarSon
    7439 posts Member
    Options
    75 seems a bit high, actually. I believe when I started there were only 59? They didn't start rolling out a bunch of new chars until this past fall. Prior to that we were lucky to get one each month.

My favorite memory, though, is us complaining about the OHKO meta. Their response was to do a thing and then claim that fast characters don't hit very hard, and slow ones do hit hard; they ended up nerfing characters like RP while leaving Rey mostly alone. And then they gave up and just added protection.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    75 seems a bit high, actually. I believe when I started there were only 59? They didn't start rolling out a bunch of new chars until this past fall. Prior to that we were lucky to get one each month.

My favorite memory, though, is us complaining about the OHKO meta. Their response was to do a thing and then claim that fast characters don't hit very hard, and slow ones do hit hard; they ended up nerfing characters like RP while leaving Rey mostly alone. And then they gave up and just added protection.

I've been waiting for them to remember that fast characters shouldn't have higher damage (Ewok scout :()
    Jackmonds wrote: »
    https://apptrigger.com/2015/12/12/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-complete-character-list/

I only started playing early FEB 2017, so this "era" is what I'll remember when I talk about "the good old days".

(ok, yes, I could have watched some YouTube videos from last year instead of starting this thread)

Animations took 5 hours. And balance was there (kinda) maul **** and boba was a waste empire was a joke heal block was an actual issue rex, sun fac and maul were all p2p and not free to play

Sun fac wasn't out yet...
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options

Animations took 5 hours. And balance was there (kinda) maul **** and boba was a waste empire was a joke heal block was an actual issue rex, sun fac and maul were all p2p and not free to play
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I remember when Credit Heists were first introduced! They were even MORE awesome back then because level cap was lower....although the only paid out a total of 1 million.

I remember having Maul from Chromium (and there was nowhere else to get him from) and being so sad he wasn't useful.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Farming tons only because you thought they were cooler (I know, every new player does that). And when sidious heal block was the most annoying thing on GW.

Aaaand: ventress lead teams at the top
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Haha yeah, or when the first guys to take a hero past Gear level 9 seemed like gods. Lando was blowing everyone's mind.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    I remember the cantina glitch that occurred in the first ~1-2 weeks after launch, Occasionally when clicking the cantina table it would glitch out resulting in every node being the ability mat challenge, still paid cantina energy to do it though.

That was a fun time
  • Options
    I remember precrafting a droid caller and giving to QGJ. Was soooo happy.

Then I realised everyone else had precrafted furnaces too