Shard Chat: Yendor, Black Sachi, RelishYoda, DanielsJack, Moondawg, Yiuman, Drevh, Cetta, jkdmike

Replies

• I think it would be down to luck if you had an. A hole in your shard or not, everyone seems very civil so far so can't complain :) I think it would be better than nothing
  • @Relish_Yoda Hi!

I'm in your shard (Anduincolfer), not top 20 but I hang around within top100 sometimes breaking top 50.

Faced your FO team and I must say the turn meter manipulation is beastly :)
  • @Relish_Yoda Hi!

I'm in your shard (Anduincolfer), not top 20 but I hang around within top100 sometimes breaking top 50.

Faced your FO team and I must say the turn meter manipulation is beastly :)

Welcome! You may have played @Heisen once or twice too.

Thanks! I'm very happy with it. It's a lot of fun to play it and F2P possible (I paid for the subscriptions to farm faster, though).

It has gotten me to #1 at 6pm several times.

I think as of today, builds like @Yendor or Molok, Zodlock are more powerful on average (i.e. If I play 10 times against Yendor I'll win some, but less than 5 for sure).

I'm working on some secret recipes to be able to beat the top teams more regularly, but they are still marinating.

Additionally, with Yoda coming next week and the patch adjusting Poe, things could change!

See you around.
  • Welcome, happy to see more people adding to the thread, molok and co are putting the stomp on us at the moment but the meta will Change and hopefully we will see and change at the top if only for a short while...also can anyone give me an idea of what my team is like in defence, an I a roll over or do they do ok? Thanks guys
  • Welcome, happy to see more people adding to the thread, molok and co are putting the stomp on us at the moment but the meta will Change and hopefully we will see and change at the top if only for a short while...also can anyone give me an idea of what my team is like in defence, an I a roll over or do they do ok? Thanks guys

I can give you a play by play next time we match up. But high level, as you know, the way you play your team is very different than the way the AI does. The AI does not focus on a single character nor it uses the basic/special attacks wisely. So the way you play it when you attack is very different than the way your team works when it defends.

So I think you have:
    Ima Gun Di (L)
    Aayla
    Qui gon
    Lumi
    Dooku

I got:
    Phasma (L)
    FOO
    Han
    FOTP
    Lumi

Your Dooku will go first, after that it's probably my FOO (or your QGJ, I can't remember). I focus entirely on QGJ first, which with FOO's pinning shot it typically means he never does more than one attack. If he does, its the attack + assist. It's important to clear him early because he can remove Han's taunt.

Ima's counters are tough, but not typically deadly. Only exception is Phasma doing the AoE and getting Dooku plus 1 or 2 jedi back! Since I do the AoE early, typically Lumi's heal covers for that damage.

Next I go for Aayla, who is a pretty strong character and I focus on her early.

My personal approach with Dooku has been to leave him alone until near the end. Some people prefer to tackle him early, but I find that if I go at him first, the counter plus teammates heals are a nuisance.

I'd do Lumi, then Dooku and then Ima till the end. FOTP with advantage typically clears Dooku in one turn.

Pretty fun to play against your team cause it's so different than the others.

Obviously team compositions change and people upgrade their teams, so its unfair to compare historical track record. But I think I played your team a handful of times over the last week or so and would say that I won 80+% of the time.

I'll send some snapshots next time I match up and please do the same with mine!

I'm curious to see how the AI plays my characters. My team needs to be played a certain way for the whole machinery to work, so I can see how the AI might not do that.

• Since I don't have the privilege of fighting so high up anyone can share what the top teams in our shard looks like? :smiley:

Wanna know what all the top dudes are using haha.

Oh @TheReal_Mol_Eliza1, had the chance of facing you once. Your counter-attacking crew brought my 7* Phasma down to ~40% hp in one wave :wink:
  • Since I don't have the privilege of fighting so high up anyone can share what the top teams in our shard looks like? :smiley:

Wanna know what all the top dudes are using haha.

Oh @TheReal_Mol_Eliza1, had the chance of facing you once. Your counter-attacking crew brought my 7* Phasma down to ~40% hp in one wave :wink:

Ummm, abusing of the 80/20 rule...

Of the top 20 teams:
    About 80% of the team are Phasma Leads
    About 60% or so have Poe
    Lumi and Sid are very popular.
    From there, DPS characters vary, you see some FOTP, some GS, what else?
    Molok has Phasma, Poe, FOTP, Rey and GS. That combination is basically "meta" these days. Phasma, Poe and as tough DPS's as you can get. @Yendor 's team is close to that.
    Then you have they specific teams that are different, like @TheReal_Mol_Eliza1 . My team is not very common too.
    There's one guy called SaChi that runs a Lumi-led dodge team.

Anyone else?
  • Yendor
    261 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yes, my team is
    Phasma (L)
    Poe
    GS
    Leia
    Sid

Basically the majority of our top bracket consists of
    Phasma (L)
    Poe
    GS
    then 2 from the following list:
    Rey, QGJ, FOTP, Leia, Luke

You get some minor variations like my sid in the 5th slot or the occasional Lumi or Daka.

My sid is as much a psychological decision as anything, because he has 800 more power than my FOTP and over 1000 more than my QGJ or Rey (both of home are currently being geared up, so I expect to start trying them in my lineup in the coming weeks). They higher power rating tends to discourage attackers.

I will say this about sid in this lineup. Besides being easy to farm, his aoe is nice in that it can put a dot on Rey even through Poes taunt which really reduces her damage, and it is also nice to help erase Phasma's advantage quicker when you aren't facing a Rey.

The other thing to notice about this team which is great on offense and defense, is it can be had completely ftp
    Phasma
    Poe
    GS
    QGJ
    Sid

Of course this could all start to change dramatically with next weeks patch and as more toons get added, though given the minor changes to Poe, it looks like turn meter manipulation will still be top dog for some time to come unless next weeks new toons makes a full Jedi team viable (which I actually think is exactly whats going to happen, but we'll see).
  • Yendor wrote: »
    Of course this could all start to change dramatically with next weeks patch and as more toons get added, though given the minor changes to Poe, it looks like turn meter manipulation will still be top dog for some time to come unless next weeks new toons makes a full Jedi team viable (which I actually think is exactly whats going to happen, but we'll see).

Agree.
    Here's my conspiracy theory: Somehow Yoda will beat turn-manipulation teams and it will become meta.

Then everyone races to max him which means that everyone chases down max stars for five Jedi, which means that people will need more crystals to farm/buy, since you'll need a Jedi or two from cantina.

This path maximizes revenues for EA, which would be a pretty good predictor of future actions.

Think about Darth Vader. If Yoda turns out to be a Darth Vader, nice but useless, nobody is going to take the event seriously and EA misses a chance to increase crystal sales...
  • In case anyone's wondering what's meta in our server...

TBU with Yoda in the next week or so...

dgbwRiG.png
  • Update looks good sbut far, 10:1 on shards is no good though, hopefully yoda is so amazing People dare not challenge me when they see him in my team :p
  • Also, speed leaders work on first turn in arena now, certainly be interesting to see the new meta, qui gon + yoda , Jedi will rule again!!!! >:)
  • Also, speed leaders work on first turn in arena now, certainly be interesting to see the new meta, qui gon + yoda , Jedi will rule again!!!! >:)

How's Yoda?

I saw that you got him 6 or 7 starred?

Nice!
  • 6 star Gear 8 but he can go to 9, he seems good, he biff steal can be deadly, can't imagine he's very good on defence, you'll have to play me and see
  • Yendor wrote: »

Agree.
    Here's my conspiracy theory: Somehow Yoda will beat turn-manipulation teams and it will become meta.

Then everyone races to max him which means that everyone chases down max stars for five Jedi, which means that people will need more crystals to farm/buy, since you'll need a Jedi or two from cantina.

This path maximizes revenues for EA, which would be a pretty good predictor of future actions.

Think about Darth Vader. If Yoda turns out to be a Darth Vader, nice but useless, nobody is going to take the event seriously and EA misses a chance to increase crystal sales...

I was :) I changed now ;)
  • @Yendor How's RG?
  • SaChi
    35 posts Member
    @Yendor How's RG?

Hay Yendor... you are a good competitor in arena :wink: how are you man...?
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Man, this server has been tough on me lately. Seems I really need to hurry up with my QGJ and GS already because people are starting to see my team as a really easy win. Today I woke up at #90 and had to use a refresh to squeeze into top 20. How about you guys?
  • Heisen wrote: »
    Man, this server has been tough on me lately. Seems I really need to hurry up with my QGJ and GS already because people are starting to see my team as a really easy win. Today I woke up at #90 and had to use a refresh to squeeze into top 20. How about you guys?

Meta is changing since the Poe nerf. Got a couple tough teams out there. Jukel and Yendor, for example!

Most hanging Top 5 at 6pm. Then get pulled down to 20s...
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Heisen wrote: »

Meta is changing since the Poe nerf. Got a couple tough teams out there. Jukel and Yendor, for example!

Heh, well that's not too bad. Sometime last week I actually got to #1 for a minute before immediately being brought down but managed to hold #3 for payout time. The next day I dropped to the 50s. So yea, people target me a lot more.

Heh, well that's not too bad. Sometime last week I actually got to #1 for a minute before immediately being brought down but managed to hold #3 for payout time. The next day I dropped to the 50s. So yea, people target me a lot more.

Snipe me after 6pm EST! :)
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member

Do you refresh at all or only do your 5 battles/day?

Do you refresh at all or only do your 5 battles/day?

I do 10 battles a day. I've paid the 100 crystals once or twice to guarantee a #1 spot...

I've seen you in the top 20 now. Nice job! You got a good team.
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    Ah, good to know. Was beginning to wonder if it was normal to not be able to maintain those ranks with just 5 battles/day.
    Ah, good to know. Was beginning to wonder if it was normal to not be able to maintain those ranks with just 5 battles/day.

In the top 20 it makes sense. That's a 50 crystal spend for a chance to increase your income from 200 crystals (in 20th) to potentially 500 in first.
  • hi everyone!

I'm on your server too... You might have heard of me. My initials are ME :)
  • What happened to Zodlok and Molok? Did they quit?

BTW, love Eisi's if you guys have played against it:

Dooku
    Royal Guard
    GS
    FOTP
    QGJ
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I see Zodlok hanging out in the 100s, probably stopped caring about being at the top. Haven't seen Molok and Wulfet has been gone for ages so maybe time to edit thread title haha.

As for Dooku lead... I actually think its legit on defense. At the very least it's incredibly annoying.

Edit: In fact I'm switching to Dooku lead right now. Without Yoda, QGJ lead is a liability with all the Dookus in our leaderboard.
    I see Zodlok hanging out in the 100s, probably stopped caring about being at the top. Haven't seen Molok and Wulfet has been gone for ages so maybe time to edit thread title haha.

As for Dooku lead... I actually think its legit on defense. At the very least it's incredibly annoying.

Edit: In fact I'm switching to Dooku lead right now. Without Yoda, QGJ lead is a liability with all the Dookus in our leaderboard.

Good call. Can I edit the title of the thread? If I can ill do it tomorrow! With all our names lol.

Yeah, tempted on a Dooku lead team. Maybe I'll experiment tonight. Been trying to understand the evade stats but can't find anything...
  • Heisen
    364 posts Member
    David....

If you see me take your spot and it's no where near payout time, maybe give me 10 min to swap with the guy above me? Otherwise we will swap with each other and go no where while others climb. Up to you though :)