DOT is coming to kill us!

Rolf
1032 posts Member
I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter about this part of the update notes. Damage-Over-Time effects now finally being lethal is a big change! Heck, even Talia is dangerous now.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I've tended to ignore the DOT effects and now I'm worried that I'll lose characters to it by surprise! After all, there's no way to know whether you're in the "kill-range" when you're under a DOT.
My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.

Replies

• Options
    You will be in for alot surprises! But I expect that you like everyone else will learn it fast enough when your heroes are dying like flies :D
  • Options
    Fear Greedo!
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I've been waiting for this change. I wondered why it only took people to 0-1 hp and still let them attack.
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter about this part of the update notes. Damage-Over-Time effects now finally being lethal is a big change! Heck, even Talia is dangerous now.

Oh hell yes.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    dots are generally very low damage. i can only remember a few times that i was saved by a dot not killing me. now if they are using vader and sid you might be in trouble. i've seen them drop 3 or4 dots on a character.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Only time when I felt the dots significantly was the Vader challenge, and even there it wasn't a big deal... Well, things may change now.
  • Options
    Healers challenge with Savage might be harder.

• Options
    How many % you think a dot damage ?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    not sure, but most games i've played, a tick of DoT is 5% max hp
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I'm happy about this, but I learned to ignore dot effects also, time to get back to normal.... Where you should worry about bleeding out lol
  • Options
    Nice ! Effectivly dot is going to kill us ! Luke is the next poe lol (tenacity)
  • Options
    That's such a solid point, there are already so many Sid leads and now this

I'm concerned about the Speed leader abilities in arena bugs tho why not touched
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Oh you weren't talking about Dot Matrix :D
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Yea, gonna be fun to play vader / sid now
  • Options
    What you think about a base team : sid/vader/88/poe and (talia) maybe ?
  • Options
    If it will ocure , Vader maybe will have a sense. Now Vader is not usable and very weak. Lets see and decide if Vader is worth to gear it up.
  • Options
    Vader is far from weak. Slow as molasses tho.
  • Options
    That's such a solid point, there are already so many Sid leads and now this

I'm concerned about the Speed leader abilities in arena bugs tho why not touched

It is not bug, it baffles me how people can be so uninformed, it is disabled in first turn.
  • Options
    I think my vader have 12k5 hp with full gear and 4*, soon 5.
    He can now apply 3 hard dot and with the update (Jedi) his ability block can't be Dodge.
    For me He isnt weak
  • Options
    Darklloyd wrote: »
    I think my vader have 12k5 hp with full gear and 4*, soon 5.
    He can now apply 3 hard dot and with the update (Jedi) his ability block can't be Dodge.
    For me He isnt weak

Yars. I will love using him against AI teams with Lumi as their only healer in GW when the update comes. Bring down the team far enough so Lumi doesn't heal, ability block with vader, finish lumi off, and nit pick the remainders while my team gets heals.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Could someone please explain how DOT works?

DOT= Damage over time. Many characters do damage over time. They are about to update the game so if the DOT brings you to 0 health your character will die. Before it wouldn't kill them and they could still complete thier turn
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Oh you weren't talking about Dot Matrix :D
    Depends whether her *alarm* goes off. In which case she might. ;)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.