After looking at my roster... I'm skipping the first Jedi event.

I currently only have 2 Jedi with enough gear and xp to do this even. I still need to acquire more shards to promote 3 other Jedi. I'm sure low level gear is not going to cut it so, I'll need atleast gear VII to even compete. I think the next go round I'll have what I need to complete. this even.

Replies

• What Jedi Event? I has seeing several posts about it now and still i cand find anything about it beside the posts. Tell me more where can i read about it?

And the rumor of a new jedi toon?
  • Yeah, I won't be able to complete it until QGJ is at a high enough star level. So that will take a couple of months.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • People why do you abandon before even seeing how this event will be in terms of difficulty? Maybe for the first few stages of the event, having 2 toons with high gear and the rest just being there will be enough... We simply don't know.

For the moment, I'm just focusing on trying to have 5 jedis to participate in the event. After that, who knows?
  • What Jedi Event? I has seeing several posts about it now and still i cand find anything about it beside the posts. Tell me more where can i read about it?

First Post, top of the page....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/10013/february-release-notes/p1
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Johnnyudes wrote: »
    People why do you abandon before even seeing how this event will be in terms of difficulty? Maybe for the first few stages of the event, having 2 toons with high gear and the rest just being there will be enough... We simply don't know.

For the moment, I'm just focusing on trying to have 5 jedis to participate in the event. After that, who knows?

If I going to do the event I going to atleast try for the 5* goal. Not a stage here or a stage there.
  • Johnnyudes wrote: »
    People why do you abandon before even seeing how this event will be in terms of difficulty? Maybe for the first few stages of the event, having 2 toons with high gear and the rest just being there will be enough... We simply don't know.

Because I've only got four Jedi and one of them is Jedi Knight Guardian.

I won't start farming Mace until I get Acolyte to 7* and I won't start farming QGJ until I get Ahsoka and Daka to 7* and I won't start farming Eeth Koth until I get Savage to 7*.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    @cosmicturtle333 - Why? The difference between 6* and 7* is nominal to begin with, basically 10% on stats.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    @cosmicturtle333 - Why? The difference between 6* and 7* is nominal to begin with, basically 10% on stats.

Because I'm already part way through. And now that the Arena skirt has lifted I need to do everything I can to be as powerful as possible. With no Poe and a few 6* heroes I'll be an even bigger target than just no Poe.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Jedi vs sith... That's my guess we have no chance
  • CptCaveman wrote: »
    What Jedi Event? I has seeing several posts about it now and still i cand find anything about it beside the posts. Tell me more where can i read about it?

First Post, top of the page....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/10013/february-release-notes/p1

Thank you soo much!
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yep, same here RedPlague & CT. I only *own* three Jedi, much less have five good ones near the star requirements to make this happen. Sure, I could turn all my farming efforts, energy/cantina/arena shipments to farming Jedi...and then become even more of a sitting duck in arena as I neglect the rest of my primary team and delay making my Poe usable.

And what am I going to do with the likes of Eeth and Jedi Guardian when the event is done? Back to the shelf. Not worth the effort yet, at the expense of the rest of my game.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Unless the new toon becomes part of the meta; in which case the efforts wouldn't be wasted.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    Unless the new toon becomes part of the meta; in which case the efforts wouldn't be wasted.
    True, and I'm not saying that I don't *want* to do the event. It's just bad timing for me, particularly with the arena change of "oppress the weak" coming. And it's hard to imagine that whoever the prize is, that they'll be so OP that they can both perform at 5* and make up for the other character progressions that I'd have to sacrifice to get there. (If I even could manage five-at-five, which I'm not sure I can.)
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    You never know. With the inevitability of power creep and the current existence of toons who are meta viable at 4* (Old Ben, Poe), I wouldn't totally discount the idea.

Does that mean you should abandon other efforts? That's situational. My Poe is 4* and works fine, so I'm working toward my 6* on QGJ right now. I have 27k banked arena tokens simply because I had nothing I wanted to farm since maxing Sidious. So I'm working on Eeth. I'm almost at 5* on my Barris through cantina. I have no problem getting top 20 on my shard with my existing team so I don't feel the need to min/max my team at this point.
  • ShadowHound
    105 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I have a 7* gear viii lumi, 5* gear viii bariss, 5* gear viii JC, 4* gear vi ima gun di, 2* gear iv QGJ (but I have 10k cantina shipments, so I should be able to 4* him fast enough). I will equip ima and QGJ and I think I'm set for the challenge.

The only problem here is that ima gun di is not farmable. Maybe ill star ahsoka later (2* currently).

I also have jedi knight guardian and plo Koon, but I think they are rubbish. What do you think?

Edit: I also have 26k arena shipements (yeah...) i could farm eeth koth, but I think he's kinda useless when not facing droids.
  • Working towards 7* QGJ right now, have 7* Kit, 6* JC, 7* Lumi, 5* Eth, and others, but this is my closest team for the event (Aayla being 5 shards away from 6*) :( . Need to prioritize my farming, 35 shards away from 7* QGJ and farming JC in squad cantina w/arena shipments going to Koth. Will not take too long to reach 7* with everyone :D.
  • I'll still continue to get minimum 6* for each of my A team that I use in GW, I feel that's still more important.
  • Reddplague
    766 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    You never know. With the inevitability of power creep and the current existence of toons who are meta viable at 4* (Old Ben, Poe), I wouldn't totally discount the idea.

Does that mean you should abandon other efforts? That's situational. My Poe is 4* and works fine, so I'm working toward my 6* on QGJ right now. I have 27k banked arena tokens simply because I had nothing I wanted to farm since maxing Sidious. So I'm working on Eeth. I'm almost at 5* on my Barris through cantina. I have no problem getting top 20 on my shard with my existing team so I don't feel the need to min/max my team at this point.

So, your saying old Ben and Poe are pretty good at 4* for arena?
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Reddplague wrote: »

I crush weak Poe's, so I know my own isn't going to be a deterrent in his current state. Hence my urgency to get him powered up rather than diverge to Jedi-hunting land.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Reddplague wrote: »

Poe is viable at 4*. He dies in 2-3 hits regardless of 4* or 7*. His main function is to absorb the first couple blows allowing your DPS to do its work untouched and manipulate the turn meter giving them priority.

Ben's DPS sucks period. His primary function is debuffs which work the same regardless of stars. It's actually beneficial to keep him at lower stars. If he dies your toons get god mode.