How hard is it to fix the ig88 bug?

Prev13
Ig88isboss
1752 posts Member
edited April 2017
Just lost a easily won battle to zylo Ren because of the useless healing immunity debuff that literally does nothing right now. Enraging stuff. How hard can this be to fix?

Replies

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Waiting.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    You need to explain what you mean? So you're saying you put a healing immunity on Zylo and he regen'ed Protection? Hmm, I thought Protection regen was not considered healing?
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • SnakesOnAPlane
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    You need to explain what you mean? So you're saying you put a healing immunity on Zylo and he regen'ed Protection? Hmm, I thought Protection regen was not considered healing?

Healing immunity blocks healing of health and protection but IG-88 is currently bugged and his healing immunity does not block healing at all
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    Here is what a "correct" healing immunity looks like
    hx1oOsi.jpg
    Here is what Ig88 looks like

VlQcfRH.jpg

Ig88 is missing the "protection_recovery" and "health_steal_recovery" tags under effected.

Why did this happen? What changed?
    Prior to Darth Nihilus release heal immunity didn't stop protection recovery and all healing, health steal, active, hot, fell under "health_recovery" tag.

With the release of Darth Nihilus:
    1. Because of his lead ability they changed it so health_steal_recovery was its own tag so they could allow that and prevent other active/passive heals.
    2. A bug was fixed where heal immunity prevented a character from gaining a heal over time buff.
    3. Protection recovery was "fixed" so that heal immunity would prevent it.

Someone just missed that 88 also needed to be updated with these changes.

PS: why the quotes around "correct" and "fixed"... I don't and never will agree that heal immunity should stop protection recovery.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Here is what a "correct" healing immunity looks like
    hx1oOsi.jpg
    Here is what Ig88 looks like

VlQcfRH.jpg

Ig88 is missing the "protection_recovery" and "health_steal_recovery" tags under effected.

Why did this happen? What changed?
    Prior to Darth Nihilus release heal immunity didn't stop protection recovery and all healing, health steal, active, hot, fell under "health_recovery" tag.

With the release of Darth Nihilus:
    1. Because of his lead ability they changed it so health_steal_recovery was its own tag so they could allow that and prevent other active/passive heals.
    2. A bug was fixed where heal immunity prevented a character from gaining a heal over time buff.
    3. Protection recovery was "fixed" so that heal immunity would prevent it.

Someone just missed that 88 also needed to be updated with these changes.

PS: why the quotes around "correct" and "fixed"... I don't and never will agree that heal immunity should stop protection recovery.

Thanks. Really doesn't $eem like that hard of a fix...
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
  • scuba wrote: »

I'm with you 100% there. Now my argument for 88 is that it may be WAI. What's the chance intent is he may only affect healing and not Protection?

Will they change it? I'm guessing on the next droid "update" there will be a lot of changes. We already know GG is getting reworked. My bet is a Zeta and he will be the new Droid leader.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member

I'm with you 100% there. Now my argument for 88 is that it may be WAI. What's the chance intent is he may only affect healing and not Protection?

Will they change it? I'm guessing on the next droid "update" there will be a lot of changes. We already know GG is getting reworked. My bet is a Zeta and he will be the new Droid leader.

88 should be stopping health steal but is not so that is definitely a bug.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member

He doesn't stop health steal and every other character who applies healing immunity stops protection gain so if ig88 was intended not to he would need his own unique healing immunity symbol. Also, healing immunity should stop protection gain as it's just a an extension of hp, and characters like zylo Ren would not be able to be checked or countered. Every mechanic needs a counter mechanic.
  • Yeah reported with kozi confirmation on like 2/20-2/21, didn't make it into bugs bin 2/27. 5 game updates after report and nothing. Bugs bin hasn't been updated in over a month. What's going on here...
  • Yeah reported with kozi confirmation on like 2/20-2/21, didn't make it into bugs bin 2/27. 5 game updates after report and nothing. Bugs bin hasn't been updated in over a month. What's going on here...

Nice. Nice.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Hm.
    Post edited by Ig88isboss on
  • Any update on this?
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    Either they have a long reporting chain, or they are cutting cost.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    It's literally 2 lines of EASY copy and paste.
    How hard is that?!
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Supercat wrote: »
    It's literally 2 lines of EASY copy and paste.
    How hard is that?!

Hmmmmm in fact this year They put more resources in developing new toons. It's the only way to make money afterall. U c fewer old bugs fixed but new toons faster and more. Like they won't fix Teebo's bug if not for selling SA.
    There are some bugs with Lumi, CloneSerg too and i dont think they will fix them in the near future. But u c how soon they got SA or Kanan fixed? very soon or no ppl would buy them.
    And Biggs ship bug fixed fast becuz they wont allow it to block any p2p new ship shining.
    How about Zader on Rancor? The game is giving total rewards unchanged anyway. Why would they care about the individual one?

It's all about making money and it's the certain cycle of a mobile game.

So just move on, buy (or farm) new toons to play.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

sorry just notice yr ID... hmm... maybe IG88 will get some love some day...
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    @Ig88isboss I adjusted 88 ability description
    Fhud3vn.png
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    @Ig88isboss I adjusted 88 ability description
    Fhud3vn.png

Nooooo :lol:
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Anything cg!?
  • It's probably because they're putting a zeta ability on him and they will release the fix with his zeta ability.
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Theophany wrote: »
    It's probably because they're putting a zeta ability on him and they will release the fix with his zeta ability.

Don't get my hopes up :worried:
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Would only be logical they don't release a hotfix immediately because they're doing something else with the character.

I mean it isn't something hard to fix so idk
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Would only be logical they don't release a hotfix immediately because they're doing something else with the character.

Or they just don't care cuz f2p..
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member

Lol....
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    This is lazy.
This discussion has been closed.