What if Battle Meditation had a cleanse?

Prev13
I run a zQGJ squad without kenobi :/. I'm going to zeta BM as soon as I get ten more zeta mats. Tenacity up is absolutely necessary when facing these empire and sith teams. Debuffs stack very quickly and getting second round of tenacity up a turn early should give me a bit more survivability. zBM won't make my Jedi competitive, though. As soon as a toon gets hit with shock or buff immunity, they are done for. 100% of the time. I feel that Yoda, a special event toon like Palpatine, should be a counter to Palpatine. That should include cleansing the debuffs that Palpatine is able to apply.
Jedi already contend with double damage from Maul, unavoidable damage from Vader (through foresight, wat?), extra debuff/ shock chance from Dooku, extra evasion for Sidious, and probably more that I'm missing. On top of that, Palpatine can prevent both foresight and tenacity up. I am bullied on my shard because my jedi are snacks to the zMaul teams.
Yoda was released before EP, and may have been good at that time. Toons have gotten better and better in this power creep, which is fine. I don't expect every character to get reworked to keep up with the new, more powerful toons. I think that Yoda, as a necessary part of any Jedi team, should get a little buff in the form of a cleanse. (Yes, I know kenobi has a cleanse. Don't have him)
I want to know what effect the community feels adding a cleanse to Battle Meditation would have on the game.

Replies

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    I think it'd be dope, and should be added in his zeta.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Then the AI would probably be changed to save it until the entire team was covered in debuffs. I don't think it would be too much if it cleansed Jedi allies
  • SubzeeeDon
    736 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    May happen if there's a Jedi faction pass

Reasoning: they made changes to phasma Zeta with FO rework but including advantage at the start of battle and can't get crit whilst having advantage as far as I remember
  • SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    May happen if there's a Jedi faction pass

Reasoning: they made changes to phasma Zeta with FO rework but including advantage at the start of battle and can't get crit whilst having advantage as far as I remember

My fingers shall remain crossed
  • +100000.I bullied too because of jedi team..
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    I'd love to see that, AND for Yoda Zeta lead to start the match with tenacity up.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    I'd love to see that, AND for Yoda Zeta lead to start the match with tenacity up.

Ooooh there's an idea. That would change the game... or at least make B2/Deathtrooper/Baze necessary
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    JacenRoe wrote: »

That would be great, another possible but not overwhelming lead to spread out the meta.
  • I ran a Palpatine lead team (now zVader) and I hate going up against zQGJ lead with Yoda in Arena because if Yoda is moded with Speed (and most of them are) then he goes before my Palpatine can get stun/shock with his tenacity up and I'm done for. I avoid Jedi team if Yoda is in it.
  • a cleanse on battle med would fix yoda. he is under powered as is. but i love using him on GW as he is just fun to play.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Sure... cleanse away... f2p will still just use tfp/B2 to wipe your buffs 1st round and just as easily if yoda uses zeta battle meditation (with cleanse) all your foresight does is make B2 cycle his next aoe dispel faster.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Sure... cleanse away... f2p will still just use tfp/B2 to wipe your buffs 1st round and just as easily if yoda uses zeta battle meditation (with cleanse) all your foresight does is make B2 cycle his next aoe dispel faster.

And b2 is a spot taken up on the opponents team with a toon that does 0 dmg. I'm glad when I see b2, it's like fighting a squad of 4.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I use B2 in place of baze... way more atks and dispels... i find him far more useful vs. Zauls... with this accursed dodge meta...

Devs need to rework general grevious lead ability to give 100% (or 50%) tm to all allies on a dodge. Including foresight.

I have no issue with yoda cleansing on zBM... he really does need it.
  • I think it'd be more interesting if yoda could copy unique buffs as well as normal buffs on his aoe. Being able to steal bounty hunters resolve and give it to everybody on the team could be pretty sweet
  • Tophar
    111 posts Member
    +1 giving yoda a cleanse as part of his Zeta would make it more attractive, atm undet a zQGJ lead your pretty much spending your Zeta for a cool down reduction I think .

@QuiGonJesus did you Zeta him yet and if so how you finding it?
  • I am going to use my next zeta on zaul. My Jedi won't hold rank any better with zBM
  • War
    932 posts Member
    We have plenty of cleansers that give Empire a hard enough time, adding yet another to them is too much. Plus Yoda is already very powerful, just not against zMaul. Look at this from other angles than the Sith meta. I don't even attack Jedi teams anymore, except the one that for some reason uses Chaze instead of Yoda. Wouldn't attack it if Yoda was present.
  • In your point of view emperor palpatine, a special event toon like yoda, should remove all buffs also.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    In your point of view emperor palpatine, a special event toon like yoda, should remove all buffs also.

With that avatar it should have have been phrased; From my point of view, lol.
  • Tophar
    111 posts Member
    moving to zaul won't stop you dropping rank, unless you have TI level mods.

I didn't think yoda's BM Zeta added much to him - given the fact if your running yoda it's prob under QGJ Zeta lead so he's got foresight already anyway. Giving him a cleanse with it (like rex's) would add another dimension to his Zeta and might make me consider it.
  • Nortikka_aikarajuu
    847 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I use zyoda and its great on offense and only lose to zmaulsif their dodge is over 70% which happens quite rarely but ofc they can put me back as easily bc they can just wait bm to wear off. I also think cleanse would make it just better enough to compete even on def with gk it provides much needed double-cleanse. :Edited 4 typos
  • War
    932 posts Member
    I use zyoda and its great on offense and only lose to zmaulsif their dodge is over 70% which happens quite rarely but ofc they can put me back as easily bc they can just wait bm to wear off. I also think cleanse would make it just better enough to compete even on def with gk it provides much needed double-cleanse. :Edited 4 typos

There are 3 cleanser teams out there right now, this would be adding a fourth to their repertoire. If I thought this would only help Jedi teams, I might consider it a good move, but this isn't going to help Jedi in the long run. Just add another layer to the hybrid teams.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    War wrote: »

There are 3 cleanser teams out there right now, this would be adding a fourth to their repertoire. If I thought this would only help Jedi teams, I might consider it a good move, but this isn't going to help Jedi in the long run. Just add another layer to the hybrid teams.

It's not hard to make it specific to only Jedis. Remove debuff from him and Jedi allies ...
    Btw, I like the idea, especially when you know that Yoda wants to apply BM with Buff Immunity by AI.
  • Tophar
    111 posts Member
    @Nortikka_aikarajuu do you run him under QGJz? I wouldn't have thought it adds much to that squad but maybe in wrong?

@War by 3 cleanse teams do you mean 3 cleanse toons?
    GK - top 5-10% of guilds only
    Chirut - pay wall
    Rex - truly farmable

Given the amount of toons that add dots/other debuffs I dont see how a 4th cleanser (and one that's a bit more farmable) would make anything unfair?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Tophar wrote: »
    @Nortikka_aikarajuu do you run him under QGJz? I wouldn't have thought it adds much to that squad but maybe in wrong?

Chirut - pay wall
    Rex - truly farmable

Given the amount of toons that add dots/other debuffs I dont see how a 4th cleanser (and one that's a bit more farmable) would make anything unfair?

Add rex to that

But zYoda helps out my zQGJ alot. Especially in this meta since SA with maul will make the whole team outspeed yours. GK cleanses my team and Yoda adds tenacity up and foresight then it's my turn.
  • Tophar
    111 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »

Chirut - pay wall
    Rex - truly farmable

Add rex to that

But zYoda helps out my zQGJ alot. Especially in this meta since SA with maul will make the whole team outspeed yours. GK cleanses my team and Yoda adds tenacity up and foresight then it's my turn.

I did add rex :) he's under chirut.

Ah so GK makes your yoda BM viable then? He needs a cleanse before him?

I don't have GK (yet) and was never convinced what BM would add - I am considering it for when I unlock GK though
  • Wjat if b2 could dispell and cleanse amd heal and grant foresight and speed up? oh and revive and 40% health
  • War
    932 posts Member

Chirut - pay wall
    Rex - truly farmable

GK is no longer top 5-10% of guilds only now, I even unlocked him today. Once your guild is HAAT ready, it'll happen sooner than you think. Chirrut is farmable now, and I saw a lot of him before then even. Rex is the most common one, yes.

Also Tenaciy Up would stop five Vader's, if possible, from adding DoT's. How does number of debuff toons matter, when Tenacity Up prevents all buffs period? We should be be looking at number dispellers for this conversation, of which I believe there are three viable options; DT, B2, and Baze. None of them even have synergy with each other, so you don't see three dispeller teams.
  • Tophar
    111 posts Member

Chirut - pay wall
    Rex - truly farmable

GK is no longer top 5-10% of guilds only now, I even unlocked him today. Once your guild is HAAT ready, it'll happen sooner than you think. Chirrut is farmable now, and I saw a lot of him before then even. Rex is the most common one, yes.

Also Tenaciy Up would stop five Vader's, if possible, from adding DoT's. How does number of debuff toons matter, when Tenacity Up prevents all buffs period? We should be be looking at number dispellers for this conversation, of which I believe there are three viable options; DT, B2, and Baze. None of them even have synergy with each other, so you don't see three dispeller teams.

How many GK do you see outside the top 20 in arena? - I'll havebhim unlocked in about a month - he was originally suppose to be top 1%, I think 10% is a generous estimate.

It doesn't stop vader and debuff teams, it's timing - if your running Zader with bobba you just have to time all the dots before/inbetween tenacity up.

Yeah chirut is farmable....from one slot in ship store on a 1 in 14 rotation at best....he's farmable if your a whale with crystals to burn in shipments.

As for dispell - Baze (I wouldn't call farmable either) etc are AOE dispellers, as I think is TFP? You could add QGJ, mace, bobba, sun fac, Ezra, nihilus, plo etc
  • War
    932 posts Member

Chirut - pay wall
    Rex - truly farmable

How many GK do you see outside the top 20 in arena? - I'll havebhim unlocked in about a month - he was originally suppose to be top 1%, I think 10% is a generous estimate.

It doesn't stop vader and debuff teams, it's timing - if your running Zader with bobba you just have to time all the dots before/inbetween tenacity up.

Yeah chirut is farmable....from one slot in ship store on a 1 in 14 rotation at best....he's farmable if your a whale with crystals to burn in shipments.

As for dispell - Baze (I wouldn't call farmable either) etc are AOE dispellers, as I think is TFP? You could add QGJ, mace, bobba, sun fac, Ezra, nihilus, plo etc

TFP's not a dispeller, that's why DT is so good, he's the first Empire toon who can dispel debuffs. It is all about timing with debuffs and Tenaciy Up right now, and if you're going up against double or triple cleanser with Tenaciy Up, it's some pretty tight timing. If one of three cleanses while putting Tenacity Up in effect, you better hope a dispeller is up next with that special off cool down, and isn't stunned or ability blocked, otherwise you're out of luck. No need to add a fourth cleanser to that.

I'm of course only referring to AoE dispelers, because Tenacity Up is an AoE buff.