Richards tips to completing GW

I have seen a few posts regarding GW being to hard at the moment, so i thought i would share some tips.

I am going to assume that players at this point has 1 strong arena team (g10+ gear level ), 2 okay B-teams (g9+)
And a few C-squads on G8+

1. Turn meter trick
the first 5 battles are very easy and you can choose to use your B-teams to gain high turn meter by ending a fight with high turn meter.
The turn meter progress gets saved for when you choose to enter a new battle with that team.

2. Protection burn
In my experience battle 6, 9 and 11 are the hard battles.
For those battles i always send in a B-team to start with.
The goal of the team is to burn away as much protection of the enemy team and perhaps even kill a player or 2.
Vader teams or teams with counter attacks are especially good for this.
If it is a particular nasty team you can choose to send in a C-squad first who will make the enemy team use their cooldowns.

When you face the enemy team with your Arena team then the fight will become a lot more managable when the enemy has lost the majority of their protection and used their cooldowns.

3. GW teams

Personally i use Qgj, Yoda, GK, Anakin and Emp Palpatine which is also my arena team.

Before that i was using for GW a nice droid team that was:

HK-47 (L), IG-88, IG-86, JE and Emp Palpatine.
You gain a ton of turn meter and EP can either stun the enemy team or screw over a tank with his basic attack.
No Zetas required for the droid team and chances are you either have most of these droids or are farming them for your tank raids.

For B-teams you will have to use what you have got but teams i use to name a few are:

Rebel team
Admiral Ackbar Leader, Wedge, Biggs, Leia, ST Han. Lando could be used instead of one of them.

Empire team
Vader Lead (I got zeta on him) Darth Sid, Tie Fighter Pilot, Boba Fett, RG (i use Count Dooku often and use RG for the team below)

Teebo Team
Teebo Lead, Ewok Elder, Phasma, Geonosian Soldier and RG
RG and Teebo can screw over enemy players with stuns and removing turn meter.
GS is the burst damage and has a big chance to call for either Teebo or RG.

There are many team compositions out there but these are a few teams that I personally have had good success with.

Replies

• Good guide here, and all of this has been my observations, too.

My Arena team is also my GW team, except mine is designed for debuffing the heck out of the other side.

It's Zader lead, Boba, EP, Sid and Bariss. This team for the most part can destroy at least nine of the twelve nodes. Like you said, 6, 9 and 11 are typically the hardest, and the teams you call B/C get sent in first as a sacrifice if the Frontline team gets overwhelmed. I call those other teams my cannon fodder hehe.

This guide should help newer players figure out how to beat GW so they can get the gear and shards they need to build the best team for themselves.
  • For me ,
    I run 5 different teams from node 1 to node 5 to create TM for them
    node 1 is my A team. zVader,zSid,TFP,SF,EP
    node 2 is droids - HK,IG88,IG86,nebit,je
    node 3 is misc - Phasma,Rey,Boba,GS,RG
    node 4 is Jedi, zQGJ,Lumi,yoda,ahsoka,IGD
    node 5-10 is rebels, Wiggs,Lando,Leia,AA
    node 11-12 will be whatever is needed. normally my A team will finish these nodes without needing to use the other teams.I do have a easy node 12 for now but I expect that it could change in the future.
  • I complete GW everyday easily with just 5 easy to farm toons. Palpatine(L), Wedge, Biggs, Geonosin soldier & QGJ. This is all you need. That and strategy. Always end battles with cooldowns reset if possible and preferebly EP with high turn meter. The goal is to stun at least 3-4 toons first turn, then using all the high damage assist attacks to take out the others or biggest threats. Shock the enemy that gain turn meter or taunts like your Biggs, JKA, RG, etc.. Remember if your EP doesn't stun at least 3-4, then retreat and use different attacks or swap out a toon for a different outcome. There's more but you can figure it out.. GW is a breeze. No need for a, b & c teams. Just 1 with a sub or 2 on the bench
  • Darksaber98
    427 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    if you are not a super strong person
    then the best way to win gw is
    using
    C, A, C
    B, C, B
    C, B, B
    B, B, BAC/BCA

A- team of jedi lead by JKA
    B- regen team like palp lead sith, or nihilus lead sith
    C- random squad with medium/ good synergy
    in nodes 5, 8, 11 try to use only basic attacks or only super small cooldown attacks
    best to have a backup toon incase one dies for each team
    i cleared gw without a sweat and have only lost 20-30 gws in the last 5 months
    (started close to 1.25 years ago, inactive for around 2-3 months in middle)
    for months together my teams were
    A-
    JKA(L), QJ, YODA, LUMI, WINDU, backup barris
    B-
    PALP(L), VADER, DOOKU, SAVAGE, RG backup SID
    C-
    TEEBO(L), AHSOKA, LEIA, REY, FIVES, backup REX
    sometimes used FIVES in B
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    using
    C, A, C
    B, C, B
    C, B, B
    B, B, BAC/BCA

I prefer to use up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B,A start

yuk yuk yuk...

In all seriousness, if you get Barriss, ahe is heaven sent for GW. Especially in those awkward stages where you have one decent team and maybe 1 or 2 b squads. As leader she can keep your big killers alive from battle to battle...
  • The past 10 days gw is broken in 6/10/12 stage the overall power of the enemies are far more than 10k power than my 3 best teams,I suggest the developers to start looking at it cause f2p players can't even remove the protection from them..
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I run a fun B team that can go several nodes before an enemy moves. Teebo (L), Daka, EE, Palpatine and GS. All are at least G9 and modded for speed and health. Palp and Daka for potency.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Greenmojo wrote: »
    I have seen a few posts regarding GW being to hard at the moment, so i thought i would share some tips.

I am going to assume that players at this point has 1 strong arena team (g10+ gear level ), 2 okay B-teams (g9+)
    And a few C-squads on G8+

1. Turn meter trick
    the first 5 battles are very easy and you can choose to use your B-teams to gain high turn meter by ending a fight with high turn meter.
    The turn meter progress gets saved for when you choose to enter a new battle with that team.

2. Protection burn
    In my experience battle 6, 9 and 11 are the hard battles.
    For those battles i always send in a B-team to start with.
    The goal of the team is to burn away as much protection of the enemy team and perhaps even kill a player or 2.
    Vader teams or teams with counter attacks are especially good for this.
    If it is a particular nasty team you can choose to send in a C-squad first who will make the enemy team use their cooldowns.

When you face the enemy team with your Arena team then the fight will become a lot more managable when the enemy has lost the majority of their protection and used their cooldowns.

3. GW teams

Personally i use Qgj, Yoda, GK, Anakin and Emp Palpatine which is also my arena team.

Before that i was using for GW a nice droid team that was:

HK-47 (L), IG-88, IG-86, JE and Emp Palpatine.
    You gain a ton of turn meter and EP can either stun the enemy team or screw over a tank with his basic attack.
    No Zetas required for the droid team and chances are you either have most of these droids or are farming them for your tank raids.

For B-teams you will have to use what you have got but teams i use to name a few are:

Rebel team
    Admiral Ackbar Leader, Wedge, Biggs, Leia, ST Han. Lando could be used instead of one of them.

Empire team
    Vader Lead (I got zeta on him) Darth Sid, Tie Fighter Pilot, Boba Fett, RG (i use Count Dooku often and use RG for the team below)

Teebo Team
    Teebo Lead, Ewok Elder, Phasma, Geonosian Soldier and RG
    RG and Teebo can screw over enemy players with stuns and removing turn meter.
    GS is the burst damage and has a big chance to call for either Teebo or RG.

There are many team compositions out there but these are a few teams that I personally have had good success with.

Good advice, but the fact is, a lot of people do not have this because they aren't lvl 85, including myself. You lost me right off the bat with the G10 stuff, and then lost me for good with who your main team is (how many people in the gamr actually have Kenobi?).

I've managed to get by and beat GW almost every time, but have none of the team comps you listed. Not to say it can't be done, but it's unlikely that anyone at lower levels and afford to have a roster that deep for GW AND compete in Arena.

I've been fortunate that I was able to get an arena viable team to G8 and G9, and then work on my roster depth. But I can still only gear so many at a time when 15 toons need the same piece of purple gear and it takes weeks to farm it.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    DarthApok wrote: »
    I complete GW everyday easily with just 5 easy to farm toons. Palpatine(L), Wedge, Biggs, Geonosin soldier & QGJ. This is all you need. That and strategy. Always end battles with cooldowns reset if possible and preferebly EP with high turn meter. The goal is to stun at least 3-4 toons first turn, then using all the high damage assist attacks to take out the others or biggest threats. Shock the enemy that gain turn meter or taunts like your Biggs, JKA, RG, etc.. Remember if your EP doesn't stun at least 3-4, then retreat and use different attacks or swap out a toon for a different outcome. There's more but you can figure it out.. GW is a breeze. No need for a, b & c teams. Just 1 with a sub or 2 on the bench

I'm guessing you aren't level 85/or your top 5 toons aren't that high in power. You will hit a wall where you will need more than one squad.
  • I am lvl 77 so I guess I'm yet to come across the worst teams but i able to easily go through GW everyday with 2 teams(even 1 will work but I like to have a backup) both teams are g8 mostly 6-7 started except for nihilus3*.
    Team 1- ep(l), Vader, boba, ig-86, nihilus
    Team 2 - wiggs(l), Lando, Leia, luke (for early nodes)/sthan(final nodes)/k2(if han dies).

I always cruise through all the nodes and often just put wiggs in team A by the end and crush all the lvl 80+ teams at the end
  • Twin wrote: »
    using
    C, A, C
    B, C, B
    C, B, B
    B, B, BAC/BCA

I prefer to use up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B,A start

yuk yuk yuk...

In all seriousness, if you get Barriss, ahe is heaven sent for GW. Especially in those awkward stages where you have one decent team and maybe 1 or 2 b squads. As leader she can keep your big killers alive from battle to battle...

i dont use that team anymore
    now i use nihilus and sith to solo gw on auto
    i used to use that when i was around 65-75
  • Yogi wrote: »
    I complete GW everyday easily with just 5 easy to farm toons. Palpatine(L), Wedge, Biggs, Geonosin soldier & QGJ. This is all you need. That and strategy. Always end battles with cooldowns reset if possible and preferebly EP with high turn meter. The goal is to stun at least 3-4 toons first turn, then using all the high damage assist attacks to take out the others or biggest threats. Shock the enemy that gain turn meter or taunts like your Biggs, JKA, RG, etc.. Remember if your EP doesn't stun at least 3-4, then retreat and use different attacks or swap out a toon for a different outcome. There's more but you can figure it out.. GW is a breeze. No need for a, b & c teams. Just 1 with a sub or 2 on the bench

I'm guessing you aren't level 85/or your top 5 toons aren't that high in power. You will hit a wall where you will need more than one squad.

I am level 85 and my node 12 is broken and I still usually complete GW with a single team. The key is to farm fast mods, use a good synergy team that either gives you lots of extra turn meter, takes lots of turn meter from the enemy team, or both, and then to know all the tricks for avoiding taking damage until the final nodes.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm using Zoba and Zylo together with random toons depending on the other team. Always completing GW since these 2 never die.
  • I'm level 85, ftp, February 2016 player, bla bla.... I use a team of palp lead, boba, tie fighter pilot, kenobi (used to be royal guard) and depending on the fight, the fifth is qgj, b2, or g8 maul. I never had any problems and if I do I just retreat and try a different rng outcome.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    The first part of the OP is what has really helped me. My main squad is Wiggs, Leia, Boba and Vader and many days they aren't good enough to beat every level alone.

So I cycle in my taunters and healers to get them to gain turn meter, while beating the first few nodes with just Wiggs and Leia. Chewie, Rebel Pathfinder, and Emperor Palpatine (for his stun) have made it so I can get an easy advantage on the hard nodes and not loose any of my main squad.
  • DarthApok
    277 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Yogi wrote: »

Here you go. https://swgoh.gg/u/darthap0c/

Those 5 I use in GW aren't my best and only EP is on my arena team. But they get me through GW with ease everyday. Takes about a good 20 mins or so. They're easy to get characters for anyone. With strategy you can beat any team with them.

Edit: Yogi if that's your swgoh profile I see, it looks like we run the exact same arena team lol