Server Merged?

Song
863 posts Member
edited February 2016
Anyone think their server just got merged on today? I used be around rank 40-70 but all the sudden i get dropped down to 120rank in this morning. I look at some of those people around rank 50-100 some of their name is very unfamiliar to me..

Replies

• Options
    Hiya in this thread https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5789/debunking-rumors#latest EA_Jesse wrote this.

"5. Suspected merging of Arena Leaderboards - This actually didn't take much time, but I wanted to include it for clarity. There has been an on-going rumor that we are quietly merging certain leaderboards (which people also call shards, servers, or other names). This isn't happening. We haven't done this nor have plans to merge leaderboards."

I think it's probably still valid.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    You think i will believe that?

*All the sudden the people used to be top 50.. now around 70-100.
    *unfamiliar name

• Options
    Maybe not a merge, maybe a purge of inactive players and a shuffle of similar players to you shard to compensate. I had a streak of 3 days where I would go to bed at rank 116 and wake up at 345. It happened for a few days and never again after that. The other possibility is that you had a terrible team in place accidentally and got beaten into the ground.
  • Options
    Still no server merging happening.

Thanks.
  • Options
    See? Confirmation. How about purging and adjusting @CG_JohnSalera ?
  • Options
    Cheaters and hackers might disappear from your leaderboard.

But that's all.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I don't think it's merging either , but here's a clue screenshot your top 20'as you level , notice who and level.... It changes once you get 45-55, it's very interesting and this should be studied !
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options

Thanks @CG_JohnSalera appreciate the insight!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Cheaters and hackers might disappear from your leaderboard.

But that's all.

And, alternatively, if you are a cheater or hacker you might find yourself suddenly in a different leaderboard, with plenty of your friends :)

Thanks CG for taking care of the cheating issue.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe not a merge, maybe a purge of inactive players and a shuffle of similar players to you shard to compensate. I had a streak of 3 days where I would go to bed at rank 116 and wake up at 345. It happened for a few days and never again after that. The other possibility is that you had a terrible team in place accidentally and got beaten into the ground.

lol you probably didnt read my post. i said all the people i fight with got rank demoted down to 70-100. I have been hanging around with 40-70 rank, im familar with most of the folks. But today is kind of odd and see many unfamiliar name.

• Options
    I read your post. Although what you wrote the first time is not what your wrote the second time, my response is stIll relevant to either one. You probably didn't read my post.
  • Options
    Probably a large number people that took a break for a few weeks, seen the notes on the update coming soon and blitzed arena :)
  • Options
    I actually had the opposite happen to me today.
    I'm usually between 95-125 in areana. I'll use my 5 battles throughout the day to keep around that rank. Sometimes get dropped close to 200.

Today I finished close to 60 and didn't get bumped down once. That's lends credence to a cheater cleanup having taken place today in my mind.

You may have just had lots of active people find themselves higher ranked to be able to attack the sub 100 ranks without having to spends gems on refreshes. You can only attack ranks a certain number below you (around 20 from what I've seen).
  • Options
    Hi Song, good to see you I'm Nico Robin we r in the same server :) I do see a few strange names from #50-100 but top 50 hasn't change. I don't think it's a merge.
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Also, I think it is important to note that as your server "matures" more and more people will level up and close the gap (at least level wise) with the top 200 or even 100. I started luckily on what seems like a new server. The first few weeks people who played a lot rushed to the top 200 including me. Each day I see more and more people leveling up and while I'm happy if I can gear upgrade a single character in 1-2 days now with purple mats I remember the days when I was leveling up 3-5 characters 1-2 gear upgrade levels a day and am aware that the people chomping to get into the top 200 are doing just that. I have no doubt that a month from now I'll be fighting to hold on to a top 200 spot so I'm grateful for the top 50-100 rewards I get each day now.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well maybe coincidence all the folks that I fought from 40-70ranks got drop because all those new blood got caught up all the sudden... Anyway im Rank 19 atm.

@Zerx aslong you have around 24K power you should get to top 50. Just use the refresh for extra 5 attacks. Im so regretted i didnt use before.

@Nico Robin good to see you i'm at rank 19. I was thinking to fight you lol.