Too late for zaul meta?

Stuey
69 posts Member
Hey so I've started down the zeta path, I'm level 82 now, should I start gearing some sith or am I too late for the meta? Should I just keep gearing my ftp rebels? I hope to have a zeta in like a month or so and I need to decide what I'm gonna a do

Replies

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    It's not too late, it's never too late!!
  • Options
    Im a Landakin guy since late 2016 and have saved my spot on the 15-30 until the maul zeta which effectively kicked me to 30+.

So I transferred to the Maul Zeta just a week ago. Moderately modded. Not as good as my rebels in terms of mods. But I can easily get to 15-20. Also awesome on defense. I never get beyond 30.

Is it too late? Im not really sure. The free to play rogue rebels may possibly be a meta-counter? But going zaul is pretty fun. =)

My line up: Zaul (L) G10, EP G11, DV G11, Shore G10, TFP G11 --> Not a full sith lineup because Im still waiting to gear/mod my darth nihilus. Im also thinking on the composition like should I add savage to make it more unique? =D
  • Options
    I'm kinda in the same situation but a bit further into it. I'm 85 and close to my first zetad character and ill probably still end up getting zaul since I don't see him just completely falling out of the meta even if theres new zetas that come out. I would certainly be cautious and continue working on zetas but don't go all out gearing characters to G10 G11...just my opinion
  • Options
    Unless u r a fluffy whale:..you r always going to be late.
  • Stuey
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Lol most definitely not a whale :-P quite the opposite, so might be worth it? I know a little of people consider it a cancer :-P but it seems kind of fun... To play at least ;-)
  • Options
    Lol it loses its appeal in a hurry when youre using your maul team to fight other maul teams 5x a day lol.
  • Stuey
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Ya I'm sure it does, but right now I don't have any zauls on my shard yet ;-)
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    How ur other sith doing? Personally, my shard is rampant. And my sith are not good enough. I am going to pass. But it sounds like u might have a shot.
  • Options
    Phoenix squad should be good against a lot of teams, but not really Zaul lead Sith. I don't really expect to see toons or reworks capable of pushing Zaul out of meta until May at the earliest, and it may be a month or two after that before they become common. Some people may say that Rex/Zarriss/Chaze teams are pushing Zaul out of the meta already, but those teams have other weaknesses that keep them from becoming meta themselves, not the least of which is the ability for a Sith team to simply swap Nihilus into the lead and make all the anti crit abilities worthless.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Most people cite rex gk chaze. I dunno if that is a huge diff. Honestly, DN seems like exactly the ticket to beat Zarisse gk or Zarisse chaze, lead or no.

I dunno how hard rex gk chaze is, but I have beat almost every top rex lead on my shard using common toons. (After spending 200 plus crystals to get to the top, for research). It is the zauls that keep me from getting in range of those battles. Yeah I have played with DN lead, weak sauce squad members, non zeta, no mods on DN who died in two hits. I can see the potential. I could beat some of my shards top rex lead and best wiggs squads with this ragtag DN lead, even.
  • Stuey
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Well​ thanks for the advice guys ;-)
  • Options
    you're going to want to start on nightsisters and ewoks, I hear that's the direction the meta is heading.
  • Stuey
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Ya I've been getting my night sisters ready!!
  • Options
    Depends on your ranks - it's not to late, but it's getting there - you will already want to start prepping for how you will with head 2 head matches with other zDM teams and also the 3x cleanse squad with DN.

Check the #1 rank squad in the link below - second section below the rank one leaders. This is interesting because in just a few days the % on that squad has gone from 14% to 19%. Rex lead + Chaze + GK + DN. Look to see if there are a lot of Rex + multiple cleansers (and that team in particular) on your LB. If so, you're zDM squad, especially if it's only in beginning stages of being built, will struggle to get wins. Study your own LB - that will tell you if you are too late or not. On my shard I'd say yes probably it would be too late.

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/
  • Options
    Stuey wrote: »
    Hey so I've started down the zeta path, I'm level 82 now, should I start gearing some sith or am I too late for the meta? Should I just keep gearing my ftp rebels? I hope to have a zeta in like a month or so and I need to decide what I'm gonna a do

I would say, if you're going to be in a position in a month to drop a zeta, see what the lay of the land is like then. The zeta is a more limiting factor than gear. You might as well gear some of them (Maul's gonna be reasonably good anyway even if the meta shifts).

But don't forget we also have the game changing Pao this month
  • Narseph
    141 posts Member
    Options
    @Stuey
    Link your swgoh.gg profile and a lot of people on this forum will gladly offer some advice on what you could do

TBH, I'd recommend doing what you enjoy most, even if you want to follow the meta or not. I personally enjoy the sith a lot, even more since they added Darth Nihilus, Sith trooper and assassin (huge Swtor fanboy here), but I'll go with a Zqgj in arena because I like to beat people without sticking to the so called meta. I'll go with either zaul or Zader after that, not because I'll need them for raids or arena, just because I enjoy them and want to spice up my GW every day cleaning ^^
  • Options
    I decided to skip Maul for now. I've been placing zetas that I feel are useful in more than one area in the game. So far, Vader and Kylo. Maul will get one from me eventually, but as it stands on my shard, even if I were to zeta Maul, I'd still come in somewhere around 10-20 because of mods and gear. Which is where I usually fight my way to before payout anyhow. zMaul wouldn't really get me beyond that. Meanwhile, the two zeta'd characters I have are great in raids, arena, GW, events, etc.
  • Options
    I currently run Rex (l), Wiggs, Shore and EP since my shard is flooded with Zaul. I've managed to make it to rank 14 at pay out depending on what my opponent choices are. Sometimes a fast TFP kills me but other than that I haven't had too many problems. :)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I agree with all of this...except the "fluffy" part. Whales aren't "fluffy". Now "fat" or "blubbery" fine, but "fluffy" to me suggests fur or hair of some kind.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Stuey
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Cool thanks all, my profile is https://swgoh.gg/u/stuey/ if anyone is interested
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I agree with all of this...except the "fluffy" part. Whales aren't "fluffy". Now "fat" or "blubbery" fine, but "fluffy" to me suggests fur or hair of some kind.

I'm a skinny whale ... maybe I don't eat enough b/c all my $ is going into this game :s

For the record, there are good whales and bad whales .. if you want to see a lot of bad whales, just go on my shard lolz
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I find Rex lead teams far easier to kill opponents than Zaul lead teams. I am using Rex L, Chaze, Zylo, and Nails (DN). Might switch to Kenobi onces I get him geared, but for now this team pretty much beats Zaul teams

Also, I really hope Rex gets his Zeta soon
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

48c85f38e931b4449dd863ac5cb2f648_im-not-fat-im-fluffy-cat-im-not-fat-im-fluffy-meme_700-670.jpeg
  • Options
    Maul lead is pretty good. What's the worst that could happen? You gear up your Vader, Palp, Nihilus, Maul, Assassin. Then when Jedi Luke is released, you already have the faction required to get him!

You know ... if that's the required faction. Seems reasonable. May the Fourth be with you!
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I will add if you look at the current meta report. The team mostly used for top 10 requires 0 Zetas. So if you have a geared up Rex, GK, DN, Chaze then you might want to use your Zetas for raid characters like Cody, Vader, Kylo, etc

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/10/#squads
  • Options
    Maul lead is pretty good. What's the worst that could happen? You gear up your Vader, Palp, Nihilus, Maul, Assassin. Then when Jedi Luke is released, you already have the faction required to get him!

You know ... if that's the required faction. Seems reasonable. May the Fourth be with you!

It will probably be Tusken requirements to unlock Luke because EA