Is Boba's "Execute" bugged?

In GW I had a team that included Ewok Elder and Old Daka. I used Boba's "execute" on EE, and the Old Daka revived him. I have Boba's execute Omega'ed. Isn't this move suppose to make the opponent non-revivable? Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    Never happened to me, but if it's true what you experienced this does not sound like the intended behaviour imho.
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Options
    The execute has to kill the toon to prevent revive. Sometimes what happens is that the execute takes them down to 1hp or so and they die from a dot on their turn.
  • Options
    Elebrind wrote: »
    The execute has to kill the toon to prevent revive. Sometimes what happens is that the execute takes them down to 1hp or so and they die from a dot on their turn.

How would they have a dot after using Execute?

I don't know about other people, but I know when I've successfully executed a toon, and when a dot offs them. And a dot has never offed a toon immediately after I used Execute. And they would have to die IMMEDIATELY after using execute for someone to confuse that with being defeated by Execute.

If the toon was, in fact, defeated by Execute, and was then revived, then yes, it sounds bugged.
  • Options
    I can tell you now that it was Execute that offed EE. He had no dots above him.
  • Options
    Wasn't it dakas heal revive or passive revive?
  • Options
    Wasn't it dakas heal revive or passive revive?

She did her heal and he revived.
  • Options
    I can think of 3 very unlikely reasons, but none of them seem probable:
    1) zader lead immediately places Dots back on EE, killing him
    2) Stunned Nihilus on your team puts a dot on EE, but because he must come out of stun, it looks like one action: (execute hits, EE at 1hp, nihilus comes out of stun, places DOT, EE starts turn and dies)
    3) IG-88 lead, maybe? not sure if this would place a dot after execute.
    I haven't seen Daka able to resurrect anyone after an execute myself.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    If anything is bugged it would be daka's heal/res, not boba's execute.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    If anything is bugged it would be daka's heal/res, not boba's execute.

That was my thinking too. So many individual toons using similar abilities apparently use them differently and bugs can creep in when you do that.

Daka being a not so often used toon any more, means this could slip through unnoticed. Out of habit I kill daka first so I wouldn't have noticed in the low lvl GW nodes I see her in.
  • Options
    Swgoh.gg mechanics have Daka heal as a revive description and boba execute as revive_immunity

I think it's more likely her passive that revived him since the mechanic for that looks like daka_revive_effect
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Does your execute is omega?

Ps; first question to ask ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »

He already said yes it is.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Oops, my bad, please proceeds

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Oops, my bad, please proceeds

Ps. Similar things have happened to me whit a BH squad, i think bombs dmg apply after execute.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Execute doesn't have to have the omega to prevent revive, nihilus annihilation does but iirc level 1 execute if it kills the target they can not be revived. Bit either way it definitely sounds like a bug, most likely a daka bug.
  • Elebrind
    168 posts Member
    Options
    1) zader lead immediately places Dots back on EE, killing him

This was my thought, but if not using Zader, nevermind
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I doubt it was a DoT. Was EE exposed? If the execute damage isn't enough to kill EE, but the expose damage at the end is and kills EE then 1) Boba's cooldown's wouldn't have been decreased by 1, and 2) EE would be able to revive because the expose dealt the killing blow, not Execute.
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    Execute doesn't have to have the omega to prevent revive, nihilus annihilation does but iirc level 1 execute if it kills the target they can not be revived. Bit either way it definitely sounds like a bug, most likely a daka bug.

This is also true, the Omega upgrades makes it unavoidable and will decrease cooldowns by 1 on a finishing blow, which is why the cooldown decrease is a good way to check to see if Execute was actually the cause of death and not an expose.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Elebrind wrote: »

How would they have a dot after using Execute?

I don't know about other people, but I know when I've successfully executed a toon, and when a dot offs them. And a dot has never offed a toon immediately after I used Execute. And they would have to die IMMEDIATELY after using execute for someone to confuse that with being defeated by Execute.

If the toon was, in fact, defeated by Execute, and was then revived, then yes, it sounds bugged.

with Vaders Zeta
  • EZKill
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Are you sure Daka didn't revive EE with her passive and did her heal immediately after so that it looks like her heal did the reviving? If you were running on 4x speed, it may be hard to keep track of all that. Do you recall if EE had any buffs upon being revived? The unique revive applies defense/offense up buffs but not the heal revive.

Anyway, the bug you could be looking at is the sequential application of buffs/debuffs. Boba executes EE > Daka passive revive > Excute non-revivable debuff applied.
  • SlabRankle
    285 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This has happened to me once as well in GW. Bout a month ago. Execute killed Sid > Dakka heal revived him. Figured it was a glitch. Haven't seen it since and I didn't really care because I still won the fight.

P.S. I don't use Zader.
  • Options
    EZKill wrote: »
    Are you sure Daka didn't revive EE with her passive and did her heal immediately after so that it looks like her heal did the reviving? If you were running on 4x speed, it may be hard to keep track of all that. Do you recall if EE had any buffs upon being revived? The unique revive applies defense/offense up buffs but not the heal revive.

Anyway, the bug you could be looking at is the sequential application of buffs/debuffs. Boba executes EE > Daka passive revive > Excute non-revivable debuff applied.

I was running EP leader with Vader, TFP, Shore, and Fett so no zeta. There were no debuffs on EE when he was executed and he revived with no buffs. I hit execute and boom! EE was gone. Daka heals and EE is back. So my TFP one shot EE and killed him finally. According to his execute ability, he shouldn't have revived: "Deal Physical damage to target enemy and dispel all status effects on them. Deal 30% more damage for each effect dispelled. Enemies defeated by this ability can't be revived. Reduce all cooldowns by 1 on a finishing blow. This attack can't be Evaded."
  • Options
    "This is also true, the Omega upgrades makes it unavoidable and will decrease cooldowns by 1 on a finishing blow, which is why the cooldown decrease is a good way to check to see if Execute was actually the cause of death and not an expose."

Now that I actually didn't check!
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    There was a big thread in bugs section somewhat recently where OP claimed HK revived after using execute. We didn't really come up with anything. People had the theory that expose damage killed him, but according to mechanics, execute dispells before damage.
  • Options
    I'm like 90% sure when it says they can't revive, it means if they have a revive buff, so people like Boba himself, scarif rebel and HK-47 cannot revive themselves, however allies revive healing ability still can revive. Just my theory take it with a grain of salt.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    CameronD wrote: »
    I'm like 90% sure when it says they can't revive, it means if they have a revive buff, so people like Boba himself, scarif rebel and HK-47 cannot revive themselves, however allies revive healing ability still can revive. Just my theory take it with a grain of salt.

That's dead wrong. Jyn and Elder can't revive executed toons, which is why there was a bug fix to make them (and Daka) check for revive immunity before trying.