Game Update 4/3/2017- Comments and questions ***MEGATHREAD**

Prev13456710
BentWookiee
4819 posts Member
edited April 2017
Happy Monday Holotable Heroes! Here are the updates for 4/3/2017. Cheers!

WHAT'S NEW
Bodhi Rook
f8ftcwmwfovw.png

Rogue One is now available on Blu-ray and DVD! To celebrate the release we’re giving away a FREE 2 star Bodhi Rook in the Store, so head there now to claim this limited time pack! Looking to raise the star level of Bodhi Rook after getting the free pack? Then head to the Galactic War Store to obtain additional shards.

BUGS
  • Admiral Ackbar's Special Ability "Tactical Genius" should no longer persist through encounters
  • Fixed an issue where Ahsoka's first special ability was incorrectly spelled
  • Hera's "Backup Plan" ability now uses the correct buff icon
  • Fixed an issue where Palpatines AoE attacks was causing an error for some players
SHIPS
  • Biggs Darklighter's X-wing "Daring Assault" ability will now grant the proper amount of Protection when an enemy becomes Target Locked

WHAT'S AHEAD
  • With the Phoenix Squadron collected, it’s time to Rise Together
  • An Imperial threat rises…
In addition to 4/3/2017's update, today should see the addition of Cassian’s U-wing Bundle. This Bundle Includes materials to immediately level up or upgrade both Ship and Crew. Be sure to get to the Store and get started on your Rogue One squad today!

Pack Contents:
  • Crew Shards: Cassian Andor
  • Crew Shards: Jyn Erso
  • Crew Shards: K-2SO
  • Ship Blueprints: Cassian's U-Wing
  • Ship Building Materials
  • Ship Enhancement Droids
  • Credits
  • XP Training Droids

Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• First I want to give props to the devs in designing SO only to use his special when needed and not wasting it every time it becomes available. Unfortunately the ai has absolutely no idea when it's actually needed. For those who don't know, on defense SO only uses his ability Overpower when enemies are at or below 25% health instead of the intended 50%. While it doesn't sound like a huge difference it quite often turns out to be the deciding factor in winning or losing on defense. I know very little in regards to game design but unlike the Teebo bug which had conflicting abilities this seems like a very simple fix.
  • +1
  • so you are saying that he is not enough OP when you fight him,
    and you want to make him even more OP than what he actually is right now ?

Alright go there =}, this is the direction of the trash :)

• so you are saying that he is not enough OP when you fight him,

He isn't op in the slightest, I would just like him to work as intended.
  • He's pretty OP, especially if you don't use Nihilus.

On offense, there is no reason you should ever lose if you run him.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    The AI just needs to be fixed.

If the ability/character is OP that balancing should be done but the AI does need to be updated to make use of his ability properly (op or not).

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    He should absolutely use his special when an enemy falls below 50% vs. 25% as his does today. That is an obvious bug and needs to be fixed.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • + SO is definitely not OP comparatively.
    I don't even see him on my arena shard, that's a good clue as to OP'dness
    Ally Code 299-731-212
  • Good grief! Today every toon has a turn being op according to at least one person on the forums, and collectively pretty much guarantees all toons are op. These cries just get lost in the babble. Blah blah blah...
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    + SO is definitely not OP comparatively.
    I don't even see him on my arena shard, that's a good clue as to OP'dness

They probably haven't caught on to how good he is in a Maul team yet.

He's definitely not OP though..
  • mutimloh
    141 posts Member
    He's pretty OP, especially if you don't use Nihilus.

It's probably just RNG, but he gets killed by the enemy Nihilus' OHKO in most of my battles. I have no clue if there's any logic built into the target selection logic at all for his Annihilate (e.g. select enemy with highest Health + Protection) or if it's purely random.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    mutimloh wrote: »
    He's pretty OP, especially if you don't use Nihilus.

It's probably just RNG, but he gets killed by the enemy Nihilus' OHKO in most of my battles. I have no clue if there's any logic built into the target selection logic at all for his Annihilate (e.g. select enemy with highest Health + Protection) or if it's purely random.

I think it's random.

Most of the time he will annihilate my jka or GK regardless of hp. But there has been times when he targeted my QGJ whose health was in the red lol.
  • A boba can take care of savage with ease
    You just have to diversify
    One team can't beat everything
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    I think the issue is he isn't coded for the omega that raises it to 50% they never changed that after they added it on his rework, and they may not change it any time soon so it distinguish's between omega and non omega ability. Imo it does need fixed as it makes his special basically useless, I've found more often than not at 25% or below savage can take them out with his basic damage.
  • it should be quite simple
    if hp<=50% and ability = not cooldown and ability = omega
    use attack
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    so you are saying that he is not enough OP when you fight him,

Is it too much to ask to have him working as intended? It's a pretty big bug and one that has been flagged. People want toons to work as advertised. Hopefully it's fixed in next update. Biggs had his ship bug fixed and is slated for the next update. Hopefully the Devs took 2 minutes to fix Savages line of code.
  • Drax_77 wrote: »
    I think the issue is he isn't coded for the omega that raises it to 50% they never changed that after they added it on his rework, and they may not change it any time soon so it distinguish's between omega and non omega ability. Imo it does need fixed as it makes his special basically useless, I've found more often than not at 25% or below savage can take them out with his basic damage.

Exactly, plenty of top tier arena toons can 1 shot others at or below 25% health making what should be Savages biggest strength basically useless on defense
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Gabriel710 wrote: »
    Drax_77 wrote: »

Exactly, plenty of top tier arena toons can 1 shot others at or below 25% health making what should be Savages biggest strength basically useless on defense

Which is why they have the Omega at 50% which is why the AI should use it as such. This is indeed a bug and is not up for discussion really, just something that needs addressing.

I agree with the OP
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    He should absolutely use his special when an enemy falls below 50% vs. 25% as his does today. That is an obvious bug and needs to be fixed.
    Exactly!!

Besides he's a great toon, but not op! My Boba loves to execute savage full of hots/dots. And when facing Vader savage always has a hard time for the same reason.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    "And imperial threat rises"

Finally! Thrawn!

also a free, instantly farmable toon is cool
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    SWEET! Hopefully DK and DT will be farmable soon! Can't wait for Bodhi
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Tjbear02
    354 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    ANOTHER REBEL! YES, so excited! (At least this one is actually a MAIN Character in Rogue One, unlike the other 2 characters that were in film for less than 10 seconds). Sigh. Make that 26 Rebels now
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Cesium wrote: »

wait? you can get him right now
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    Well, Bodhi was my 3rd fav character from Rogue One ( behind DT and Krennic) so I'm ok with it
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Cesium wrote: »

wait? you can get him right now

takes time to lvl him up, etc
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    What were?? Is thrawn coming?? I know Bodhi is in the game now, but is thrawn confirmed??? :)
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    and 500 crystals... for freesies... and a tease at, most likeley, thrawn

for freeeeee (and instantly farmable toon of any faction is welcome)
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Thanks for the free pack the crystals and mats were very nice....but...do we really need more rebels??? Oh well at least it's a free one that you can actually farm right away.

Again thank you for this!
  • Game freezes when i try to open the pack. Am I the only one?
    Any suggestion? I closed and reopened the app several times without any luck.
  • More rebels? Seriously? Free stuff is nice, but for once, can we get a good Imperial character with anti-rebel abilities? Death Trooper and Krennic are still not available for the majority of players =\