This isn't a galactic war complaint but...

So today my final node is General Kenobi lead, Zeta fives, Zeta savage, Zeta Barriss and royal guard
I lost my nihilus lead and sith team on node 9 taking out a EP/Vader/boba/chase team and can't think of any other counter to beat this team this time around?
What I'm really asking is, does anyone know an effective counter to this team that isn't nihilus? Because my only viable squad left is a first order team with Zeta phasma and Zeta kylo, but I can't see this beating that team

Replies

• Options
    I'm no expert but when I had a node against a similar team with a zeta barris I found it was best to put down shock with EP or healing immunity with DT and take barriss out first.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    retreat as much as needed to not lose nihilus on node 9?
    I've been using zFinn resistance for node 4-12, but i'm guessing that's not really an option right now.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Ewoks0404 wrote: »
    I'm no expert but when I had a node against a similar team with a zeta barris I found it was best to put down shock with EP or healing immunity with DT and take barriss out first.

My DT is too low star, each shock attempt with wo was either dispelled or a critical caused GK/Fives to taunt? Tried putting a dot on fives and then going after barris so I'd have an extra turn with no dispel on her but it's too hard to make it work aha
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    retreat as much as needed to not lose nihilus on node 9?
    I've been using zFinn resistance for node 4-12, but i'm guessing that's not really an option right now.

Sadly not, ordinarily my FO team is fine for the whole of galactic war (gear 10-11 all 7*) and Zeta kylo can usually wreck most teams :( the expose with the resistance team would be very useful ahaha
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, thats a beefy team. Do you have anyone left who can expose or inflict health down?
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Wow, thats a beefy team. Do you have anyone left who can expose or inflict health down?

No one :/ literally my only viable team left is my arena FO team which is strong, but won't be able to beat this at all, for a fact... might just have to give this round up :/// I have grievous but not highly starred, only gear 8
  • Options
    I find the best way to beat GW daily Is to develop a B team, and then develop a few situational toons. I run full FO team, but have palp, wiggs, boba, raid han, RG, Daka to rotate in when needed.
  • Options
    I find the best way to beat GW daily Is to develop a B team, and then develop a few situational toons. I run full FO team, but have palp, wiggs, boba, raid han, RG, Daka to rotate in when needed.

I've got 4 main teams, fo/sith/Jedi/droid, but with this last stage the only one of any real use would be sith, and they were destroyed
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Some days you just have to look GW in the eye and say, "You win today, but tomorrow..."
  • Options
    Key to that team is an AOE dispeller and someone who inflicts a debuff that prevents health recovery. So EP/B2 should be good.
  • Options
    Key to that team is an AOE dispeller and someone who inflicts a debuff that prevents health recovery. So EP/B2 should be good.

Wish I had B2 but it's a long farm
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    Some days you just have to look GW in the eye and say, "You win today, but tomorrow..."

First time I've failed in months aha but yeah at least it's gonna reset :)
  • Options
    I had to fight a team like OP is struggling with just yesterday. Burned 3 teams:
    1. Heavy-hitters to take down their protection
    2. Some low lvls so they waste their specials
    3. Nihilus led sith team to kill barris
    4. And then Jedi went to finish them off..
    Probably this was the most gruelsome and tiring fight in the last half a year..
  • Options
    You should be saving today's GW for your guild event.
  • Options
    I had to fight a team like OP is struggling with just yesterday. Burned 3 teams:
    1. Heavy-hitters to take down their protection
    2. Some low lvls so they waste their specials
    3. Nihilus led sith team to kill barris
    4. And then Jedi went to finish them off..
    Probably this was the most gruelsome and tiring fight in the last half a year..

My problem was the lack of a part 3 ahaha nihilus + dooku + palms/sid could've been soooo useful for the stage
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Those teams are easy for zVader. Barris can't cleanse the dots (also zSavage building up a ton of dots/hots and is Boba Fodder). They eventually chew through the health as long as you can keep your team alive. zSid is also very useful in that with the expose and extra dots. (zVader, Boba, zSid, (a few others).

Barring that, Wiggs/Boba to hit really hard, fast, and get rid of / go around taunt. Sometimes using a suicide squad to burn down one key character (Barris etc) is needed, then then bring in a clean up crew.
  • Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    Those teams are easy for zVader. Barris can't cleanse the dots (also zSavage building up a ton of dots/hots and is Boba Fodder). They eventually chew through the health as long as you can keep your team alive. zSid is also very useful in that with the expose and extra dots. (zVader, Boba, zSid, (a few others).

Barring that, Wiggs/Boba to hit really hard, fast, and get rid of / go around taunt. Sometimes using a suicide squad to burn down one key character (Barris etc) is needed, then then bring in a clean up crew.

Yeah tbh it was mainly the zbarris which was my problem; feel like if I could've got rid of her then the rest of the team really could've been handled