Rancor tier 8

WildMango
151 posts Member
edited April 2017
With the increase in level and gear, new toons and zeta heroic rancor has become a joke. We need a tier 8 Rancor with turn meter immunity and inflicts healing immunity. Should be pretty easy to implement.

Replies

• But there would be no point. All gear XI drops from Haat. It would be fun to have it be challanging again, but I don't see that happening. I might recommend handy-capping yourself to make it more enjoyable lol
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • They can release a new toon through Rancor tier 8. Keep the rewards the same, maybe increase the credits and add ship credits.
  • I'd be ok with that.
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • When one team with the right TM reduction abilities are able to solo a raid, it's time for a buff.

+1
  • Or have it a guild vs guild event.

Time frame: 48 hours
    Toons: 7 star

Tally up all the dmg output from your guild and compare and rank vs other guilds. Based on your guild's ranking all the members receive the same prize pool.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member

Not sure why these threads keep popping up. Let the devs work on actual content. When they can't release any new content, then maybe they can re-tune mid-game content.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Not sure why these threads keep popping up. Let the devs work on actual content. When they can't release any new content, then maybe they can re-tune mid-game content.

C00IoTvXUAASHfz.jpg

• StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    WildMango wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

C00IoTvXUAASHfz.jpg

That's a cute dog, but it's still a bad idea. Just because you think it would be easy to implement doesn't mean it is. And easy doesn't mean quick. There are still empty tables. Leave the devs alone to fill them.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Keep calling for more content while the devs keep leaving broken content in pieces behind them. It would be very easy to implement. All the animations etc. are present. Change a few stats and interface rewards and there ya go, alleviation on the guilds who have to try and restrict people from finishing the raid in less then 30 seconds.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Exletion wrote: »

Keep calling for more content while the devs keep leaving broken content in pieces behind them. It would be very easy to implement. All the animations etc. are present. Change a few stats and interface rewards and there ya go, alleviation on the guilds who have to try and restrict people from finishing the raid in less then 30 seconds.

Why is it broken? It was designed for players at level 70. Of course it's easy at level 85, with chars that are 3 gear levels higher, using abilities that weren't even thought of yet. It was designed as mid-game content, and it is that.

And honestly, you have no idea how easy or hard it would be. You have no idea what their code base looks like. We already know that chars that share the same abilities do not share the same code for those abilities. They would almost definitely have to code an entire phase from scratch, all because you can't understand that this isn't end-game content, and is not meant to be challenging for end-game players.
  • How about they fix the tie breaker bug first.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    How about they fix the tie breaker bug first.

This is not a bug. It behaves exactly as they designed it to behave, and the last comment they made on the subject leads me to believe they will not be changing it.
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    WildMango wrote: »
    Or have it a guild vs guild event.

Time frame: 48 hours
    Toons: 7 star

Tally up all the dmg output from your guild and compare and rank vs other guilds. Based on your guild's ranking all the members receive the same prize pool.

I like this a lot actually, repeatable rancor raid in which you go until all squads are dead, obviously up the difficulty to make sure units will be killed and the team with more damage output gets the bigger rewards, losing Guild get consolation guild coins and credits but little gear
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member

Why is it broken? It was designed for players at level 70. Of course it's easy at level 85, with chars that are 3 gear levels higher, using abilities that weren't even thought of yet. It was designed as mid-game content, and it is that.

And honestly, you have no idea how easy or hard it would be. You have no idea what their code base looks like. We already know that chars that share the same abilities do not share the same code for those abilities. They would almost definitely have to code an entire phase from scratch, all because you can't understand that this isn't end-game content, and is not meant to be challenging for end-game players.

I don't know what their code base looks like but I also have a background in coding. I highly doubt they would have to build it from scratch lol. A completely different character is quite different then adding a new similar ability to the same character which is what this change would be more akin to. at the most difficult, all they would have to do is create a new function call within whatever routine the original is in with altered variables, and at the easiest, copy and paste one of the previous tiers and change the variables.

I understand quite well that it is mid-game content challenge wise; however, the rewards are still highly coveted gear that all end game users use to bring up new toons. What the OP suggests is a much needed change. Even end tier guilds still scramble to pick up rank in Rancor, and it's a mad dash for whoever can get in higher before the raid ends in sometimes only a matter of minutes.
  • WildMango wrote: »
    With the increase in level and gear, new toons and zeta heroic rancor has become a joke. We need a tier 8 Rancor with turn meter immunity and inflicts healing immunity. Should be pretty easy to implement.

+1
  • Myerg99
    96 posts Member
    So you can cry for a t9 when that tier again becomes to easy
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    I'd rather see a T8 rancor apply random unremovable buffs to the Rancor, or random unremovable debuffs to the player's team. Create some variety in the conditions so that the guild needs to think through an actual win strategy instead of just fielding the same team every time.
  • Viserys wrote: »
    I'd rather see a T8 rancor apply random unremovable buffs to the Rancor, or random unremovable debuffs to the player's team. Create some variety in the conditions so that the guild needs to think through an actual win strategy instead of just fielding the same team every time.

That would be cool. Would the buffs/debuffs be permanent also, or just impossible to dispel? Either could be interesting.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member

I don't know what their code base looks like but I also have a background in coding. I highly doubt they would have to build it from scratch lol. A completely different character is quite different then adding a new similar ability to the same character which is what this change would be more akin to. at the most difficult, all they would have to do is create a new function call within whatever routine the original is in with altered variables, and at the easiest, copy and paste one of the previous tiers and change the variables.

It would probably be exactly the same. QGJ, Chewie, TR, and ES all have the same basic ability. They all had the same bug, in which if the enemy evaded, TM could still be removed. They had to fix each individually. The same has happened with several things. Why should we expect that they do not use this same methodology everywhere else? Why should we assume that, although they have the animations in place, they wouldn't have to completely recode all the abilities and AI, etc?

If you have a background in coding, I would expect you to understand this.
    I understand quite well that it is mid-game content challenge wise; however, the rewards are still highly coveted gear that all end game users use to bring up new toons. What the OP suggests is a much needed change. Even end tier guilds still scramble to pick up rank in Rancor, and it's a mad dash for whoever can get in higher before the raid ends in sometimes only a matter of minutes.

So what if the gear is still needed? Isn't that all the more reason to leave it alone? Why is it a much needed change? Because you want every gear grind in the game to be overly difficult?
  • I love to see people thinking they had the best idea in the world.
    but no
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member

It would probably be exactly the same. QGJ, Chewie, TR, and ES all have the same basic ability. They all had the same bug, in which if the enemy evaded, TM could still be removed. They had to fix each individually. The same has happened with several things. Why should we expect that they do not use this same methodology everywhere else? Why should we assume that, although they have the animations in place, they wouldn't have to completely recode all the abilities and AI, etc?

If you have a background in coding, I would expect you to understand this.

So what if the gear is still needed? Isn't that all the more reason to leave it alone? Why is it a much needed change? Because you want every gear grind in the game to be overly difficult?

QGJ, Chewie, TR, and ES are probably different objects related to the same class. Each ability though doing something similar is probably entirely differently named and has different associated tags. Each one has different coding probably from different people working on them etc. The rancor is probably the same function call and object with multiple sub-routines for each phase; adding another one would probably not be that difficult. It's not like it's a huge re-code. It's just changing parameters. Besides coding usually is not the hold up when implementing new content. The coding in this game seems rather simplistic. It's probably the animations, and balance/testing that takes the longest. Also, there is no reason to patronize me. Electrical systems and hardware is where my schooling is in, but I can hold my own while coding C++ and C# just from experience.

As for it's usefulness. What I am asking for is not for it to be overly difficult, but perhaps to have next tier where it cuts out all of the lower tier gear that no one needs but gets if they don't rank in the top 20(a place everyone struggles for in less then 5 minutes at the moment). If you are happy getting useless gear in the current tier if you don't get your attacks in the short window provided, then I suppose we can leave it alone; but I personally wouldn't mind something as difficult as at least the normal AAT raid where the top tier gear of the rancor is the only gear provided cutting out the useless stuff.

With only two two raids in the game, why shouldn't they both scale with the increased power creep? And if they raised the power level again, they should compensate for the power creep once more in my opinion.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Viserys wrote: »

That would be cool. Would the buffs/debuffs be permanent also, or just impossible to dispel? Either could be interesting.

I was envisioning something like - this time the Rancor has an undispellable permanent tenacity up - for example. Or an unremovable "TMR immune" effect (call it Relentless, or something). Or your team has unremovable daze. Etc. It would be pretty simple to implement, and could help keep the raid persistently fresh, even without changing any of the numbers attached to the raid.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i'm with @StarSon, just leave it as is.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • It's not endgame content, It doesn't need to be more difficult. The devs should be working on new conent not wasting time with old content.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    With only two two raids in the game, why shouldn't they both scale with the increased power creep? And if they raised the power level again, they should compensate for the power creep once more in my opinion.

Because, and I can tell you're having a hard time with this concept, but it's not designed to scale with power creep. It was designed for players at level 70, g8, and no mods. Maybe I could get on board with some tuning to account for level 70, g8 with mods, but even that's a stretch.

There are two raids now, but they designed a system to allow for multiple, so you can count on the fact that there will be more eventually. If you start demanding that they modify each and every raid every few months, the devs will never have time to do actual work.
  • They should totally let us play raids in reverse!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member

Because, and I can tell you're having a hard time with this concept, but it's not designed to scale with power creep. It was designed for players at level 70, g8, and no mods. Maybe I could get on board with some tuning to account for level 70, g8 with mods, but even that's a stretch.

There are two raids now, but they designed a system to allow for multiple, so you can count on the fact that there will be more eventually. If you start demanding that they modify each and every raid every few months, the devs will never have time to do actual work.

And that is were we fundamentally disagree I suppose, the concept. I understand completely what you are saying but disagree. I understand that you are saying it is midgame raid and the difficulty is appropriate; however, the store has the same gear that it drops for the same price as AAT gear, and both are as sought after and valuable for gearing toons. Where one is a mad dash of who can finish first, the other is at least quadruple the time rancor takes, making it less of a speed race and more team strategy based. I do not believe it would take much effort to create an extra tier, and I believe there is much worth to it being done as outlined by my previous points.