What about real equipable weapons and gear for our characters?

It would be amazing to be able to loot weapons or gear during events and to be able to equip them with our characters.

Each weapons would come with:
- a requisite (like lighsaber for jedi)
- a set of associated abilities that would replace or modify some of the normal abilities the character has.

Plenty of gear could be introduced:
Just imagine a portable energy shield able to cancel the first attack done on the character, a motion detector scanner able to dispel enemy squad stealth and so on.

Think of the diversity that would bring.

Replies

• Options
    that actually sounds pretty cool. But they would need to release it perfect. No mod debacle please.
  • Options
    Sounds great, will probably play out terribly
  • Options
    As long as they do the old school variety of lightsaber crystals for those that use them. Gotta throw them Barab Ingots into the hilts, set you enemies on fire (DoT chance on hit!).
  • Options
    No thank you. If I want to play Skyrim, I'll play Skyrim.
  • Options
    Dear lord, no.

I've seen games where you had to grind for different weapon pieces and and armor pieces and level them and max them.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

The game in question I am talking about, you only have one character.

There is plenty to do on this game as is with characters, gear, mods, ships, and eventually ship hardware.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    So your saying, I can equip yoda with mace windu's lightsaber? Why?
    Or are you saying like beating the rancor than get to use his finger as weapon?
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Ughh. While it sounds cool, it would be turned into an endless grind. I can't handle any more grinding. Oh wait. Ship hardware is coming eventually.
  • Options
    Lol you shall never escape the grind. More characters, more zetas, level cap increase, ship hardware, etc, etc...

They make cash off preying on impatience. They have to keep moving the finish line.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    It sounds cool, it would work out as a "weapon improvement", like, All toons start with their respective weapons (lightsabers, blasters, sticks, whatever...) at level 1.... Then we would farm something to upgrade them, just like skills, and get some bonus stats from that!

But despite the idea is good, they would have to be really carefull with releasing such a new content... It could "break" the game, as mods almost did (did for a while lol)...