Rex teams Meta

cuyler41
107 posts Member
edited April 2017
Rex lead with Chaze GK and Nihilus. This team destroys the so called Sith Meta. Top 6 teams on a dec 15 Shard

Replies

• Angrybaldman
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    So does being on offense. I kidd:) That is a strong team for sure.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Doesn't everybody already know this already?
    Check the meta report https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/#leaders
    26% of all people who get #1 use Rex.
    20% of those Rex users, use that exact same squad you mentioned. In fact this is the most commonly used squad for #1 players; 2nd is maul/ep/Nihilus/chaze with 9%(53 people)

This triple cleanse team is just the greatest counter to the sith meta.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    It goes round and round
    That team gets easy beat by dn L, Sa, SiT, Dooku, GK
  • scuba wrote: »
    It goes round and round
    That team gets easy beat by dn L, Sa, SiT, Dooku, GK

Agreed, we got a real rock, paper, scissors thing going on these days...
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Remove chaze, add TFP, and zylo. That team destroys everything and holds great on defense
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Remove chaze, add TFP, and zylo. That team destroys everything and holds great on defense

Gets wrecked by DN lead. Or Zaul where Maul goes first and Nihilus follows up with Drain Force. Or just any old Rex lead. TFP and Zylo definitely hold worse on defense than Chaze would. Zylo is known for using the wrong skills on defense, and his AOE would just feed TM to other Rex teams. TFP feeds TM as well, both of those two also don't do well against a Zaul team with Nihilus in it.

Is that the team you use? Because I have a shardmate that uses that exact team and drops to 25ish overnight. He doesn't have Chaze, but he wants to remove TFP as soon as he can.
  • Not true
  • I am sorry, 26% is not meta when 50%+ of top 20 use Zaul
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    When you look at the meta report, the meta is Darth Nihilus + 4 supports who keep him alive. No matter if its Maul, Rex or whatever lead is.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Achilles wrote: »
    When you look at the meta report, the meta is Darth Nihilus + 4 supports who keep him alive. No matter if its Maul, Rex or whatever lead is.

I think Nihilus is actually most valuable for his ability to increase cooldowns through tenacity up, and also on abilities that are already on cooldown. His annihilate usually doesn't happen until the battle is pretty much already decided a lot of the time. Unless you're running the Rex/Chaze/GK team, then you need annihilate because you have almost no other damage output.
  • Can beat that team easy. With Boba, GK chaze and zylo