an idea for a unique for most jedi

SirLotsaLocks
91 posts Member
edited April 2017
Skillful wielding: when any enemy attacks a jedi with a ranged attack, there is a 30% chance for the jedi to mitigate all damage and the attacker take 80% damage.
Optional: if an attacker uses a melee attack then there is a 30% chance to mitigate 70% damage. (Is this too much?)

Or

Skillful wielding: whenever a jedi is attacked, there is a 40% chance to mitigate 90% of the incomeing damage and a 30% chance to deflect 80% damage

The latter may be easier to code as I doubt damage is tagged as melee or ranged, I think its just the animations.
This would either be a unique for all jedi, be merged with all jedis existing uniques or be something special for jedi.

Also for the former idea, dengar would either take 50% damage or none from his blast and smash.

edit: this is to represent how jedi deflect blaster bolts and other attacks

Replies

• let's keep it simple, leader ability all jedi get 50% accurracy or ignore stealth
  • oh, I forgot to clarify, this is to represent how jedi deflect blaster-fire and other attacks.
  • i'd rather they concentrate on to counter the dodge meta that i'm assuming NO ONE likes lol...
    And trying to make toons = movie characters' abilities went out the window a long time ago
  • I think all lightsaber wielding characters should have a % to deflect blaster back at the attacker for reduced damage.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    May be something they have considered.
    Most blaster attacks (I say most because I haven't checked everyone) are tagged as "projectile_attack"
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I think all lightsaber wielding characters should have a % to deflect blaster back at the attacker for reduced damage.

Yeah, or instead of giving dmg back (ppl would cry blood over that), they could simply have something like 70% chance of deflecting ranged attacks...
  • I like it. Deflect and return the blaster fire. Might as well add in that if this happens it means instant death. And if general grevious is shot at with a blaster instant death to him.
  • I like it. Deflect and return the blaster fire. Might as well add in that if this happens it means instant death. And if general grevious is shot at with a blaster instant death to him.

I assume this is a joke lol
  • I could see this for a unique for one or two Jedi, but not all. I think it'd be a cool way to breathe some life into toons like the JKG, for example.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    I think all lightsaber wielding characters should have a % to deflect blaster back at the attacker for reduced damage.

It should be a unique or leader skill that applies to all Jedi, anytime they take damage a percent is given back to the attacker. Mace rework anyone....
  • CaptainRex wrote: »

It should be a unique or leader skill that applies to all Jedi, anytime they take damage a percent is given back to the attacker. Mace rework anyone....

Mace windu should have a 60% chance to mitigate all damage from a sith toon and reflect 150% damage.
    That would be a maxed out ability btw
  • Sure, but if we're being realistic we have to let the guys with blasters open fire at range, so lightsaber wielders don't get to use short ranged attacks for the first three turns.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Sure, but if we're being realistic we have to let the guys with blasters open fire at range, so lightsaber wielders don't get to use short ranged attacks for the first three turns.

It actually seems good... Like, a lightsaber wielder can't attack a blaster wielder before 2-3 turns, however, they have a 70% chance of reflecting blaster dmg back to it's owner causing 50% more damage. Hahahah this would be awesome!