Can we have a real counter to dodge metas?

Prev1
Achilles
1380 posts Member
edited April 2017
Hello there, it would be really, really, really nice, if you add one (or even more, spread over some different factions) leader having +20% (or higher) accuracy coming form leader ability.
Imo a great choice could be a Zeta on Plo Koons leader ability ... he provides a 55% chance to unstealth enemies ... zeta could add accuracy and tm whenever an enemy goes stealth and/or still evades an attack ... it would bring a real (active, not just reactive, like rex who needs to get hit first) counter to maul and would also work against all other former used dodge-leaders.
And it would give Plo finally a use ... (as character)
Maybe its just me, but a really do NOT enjoy the RNGness of dodge-metas, no matter if its Zaul, Old Ben, Dooku or even Lumi or never used ones like Talia. I would like to bring back a bit strategy instead of just blind throwing a dice and hope for high eyes ...
Left by design.
The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.

Replies

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Dodge is ridiculous lately, I think they buffed everyone's dodge because I'm missing Sidious like 4/5 times in a row (without evasion lead). Anyway, dodge has a counter, it's called Accuracy mod.
  • BlazeSA
    134 posts Member
    Olga wrote: »
    Dodge is ridiculous lately, I think they buffed everyone's dodge because I'm missing Sidious like 4/5 times in a row (without evasion lead). Anyway, dodge has a counter, it's called Accuracy mod.

Really... +30 Speed or Accuracy.... 30 speed/Accuracy... 30 Speed for the win!
  • JKA lead. If attacks miss you get advantage
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    BlazeSA wrote: »

Good choice, thanks for sharing.

• slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    JKA lead. If attacks miss you get advantage

Does advantage mean a guaranteed hit??
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Nope.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    slugbahr wrote: »
    JKA lead. If attacks miss you get advantage

Does advantage mean a guaranteed hit??
    Nope, only a guarantueed crit IF hit ... except against Zaul-Siths while stealth, Krennic while DT is there, Ahsoka for 2 turns on encounter-start + after the use of her special in both cases only if Anakin is there, every other char, that got crit immunity from, not too rare, shoretrooper (or copied and shared by yoda) ...
    So yes, Ani-lead is the answer against Dodge-leads ... even more with his suicide-aoe (the special, that adds multiple exposes on him when evaded) :lol:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
    518 posts Member
    You're ideas lack of many thing. You don't need accuracy if you can put Buff Immunity on them after unstealth them because even if you miss, you won't let them go to stealth again.

Dodge should never go further than 15% (especially with such a buff after that : 20% TM, Stealth and Advantage after stealth...), 20 is a big abuse by the IA and you'll miss everytime. Is like a permanent foresight on them. Even with zQGJ and zYoda it's not possible to be such lucky.

So Plo Koon rework should give him a Zeta on his leader ability that goes this way :

All allies have 70% chance to unstealth a random enemy at the beginning of their turn. If so, grant all allies Offense UP and they gain 20% TM (add advantage for all clones and jedi allies). The unstealthed enemy is inflicted buff immunity for 2 turns and loose 20% TM, non avoidable.

Then you could also give him a better buff on his basic, because there's no point gaining two times defense UP so I would rather see :

Plo Koon dispel one buff on the target with 50% to dispel all of them. If so, Plo Koon and a random ally gain Speed UP for two turns.

Still applying Offense Down with his first special and applying defense down and critical immunity on his second special with the same TM gain for Jedi and Clones, reduced by half for other factions.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Guest wrote: »
    You're ideas lack of many thing. You don't need accuracy if you can put Buff Immunity on them after unstealth them because even if you miss, you won't let them go to stealth again.
    Your idea counters stealth, while i would like to see a counter to dodge! ;) However, your idea would work on Zaul as well, since they still dodges a lot, but you can focus them down (no stealth anymore). Still useless against Dooku, Ben, etc leads though ...
    Plo was just an idea, could be every other leader ... give Rex's leader accuracy, would be fine to me as well. Or Palp would be great as well.
    Left by design.
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member
    B2 with an accuracy mod is the only way i havnt destroed my phone with the current garbage meta

He doesnt need the speed and he halves the dodge
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    we can if we can have a counter to speed
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    BlazeSA wrote: »

accuracy primary with a 20+ speed secondary <3
    I'm actually amazed that no one is bragging about such a mod. It's sort of inventive, as far as you can be inventive in this game, so worthy of a solid brag on the forum.

OT: i've no problem with zMaul leads to be honest. Rex lead with palpi to prevent stealth has been working wonders. Sure, you'll miss a couple swings here and there, but 99% of the time it won't cost you the win.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I don't see that being a move people would make. Jedi are great and all but without the offence and speed up from qgj, I don't see people making that switch.

Rex is a solid counter to the current zaul rampage.
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Vallik wrote: »
    B2 with an accuracy mod is the only way i havnt destroed my phone with the current garbage meta

@Vallik , Does it make a big difference to equip B2 with a accuracy mod instead of a speed mod? :)

I'm currently running zMaul(L), zSavage, sith assassin, EP and B2. Since B2 is the only non sith, I stacked him with 4 +23,5 protection mods with decent speed (+52) but a Accuracy mod might work better against all the zMauls.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • We need a Sith-killing character. Unlike Empire, Rebels, Jedi, Droids, etc. Sith do not really have any strong counters. That's why we need someone who decimates Sith like it's child's-play.

Personally, I'd like to see Lord Hoth. Not only is he a total badass with awesome armour, he was an accomplished Sith-killer AND a Jedi, so he could possibly solve some of the many issues that Jedi have had as a faction since... forever.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    We need a Sith-killing character.
    We already have Jedis in the game that killed Sith in the Star Wars universe, those should have anti-Sith abilities IMO.
    I also believe a counter to zMaul could be to have AoE toons that give double damage to Stealthed enemies. Afterall anti-Stealth abilities would also be a counter to zMaul, it's just not about the Sith-tag.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

@Vallik , Does it make a big difference to equip B2 with a accuracy mod instead of a speed mod? :)

I'm currently running zMaul(L), zSavage, sith assassin, EP and B2. Since B2 is the only non sith, I stacked him with 4 +23,5 protection mods with decent speed (+52) but a Accuracy mod might work better against all the zMauls.

Yes B2 makes his own TM. He doesn't need to be fast to get many turns.

The problem is you don't have a cleanser or tenacity up for him so daze will stop him dead in his tracks.
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member

Massive diff only 10% dodge chance on his aoe (so it only seems like its a 25% for ai instead of usual 50)
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Monxie wrote: »
    We already have Jedis in the game that killed Sith in the Star Wars universe, those should have anti-Sith abilities IMO.
    Not sure, it doesn't really fit with Jedi philosophy to have sith-hunting abilities. I think Atton Rand killed quite a lot of sith, or he learned to defend himself against them at least, it might suit someone like him better.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Yes B2 makes his own TM. He doesn't need to be fast to get many turns.

The problem is you don't have a cleanser or tenacity up for him so daze will stop him dead in his tracks.

Yea I found this to completely neuter b2 so I got mine around 200 speed with a few protection pieces. Really helps me to combat other zMaul teams
  • iLPAPA
    8 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    NEW ACCURACY MODS CHALLENGES to counter evasion meta with probably a droid team to help acquire them. A zeta on a char would have uncertainty in it plo koon zeta might work but for how long and would it be even worth a farm considering meta changes ever so frequently. NEW ACCURACY MODS although has to have the right numbers otherwise evasion would be completely useless.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Not sure, it doesn't really fit with Jedi philosophy to have sith-hunting abilities. I think Atton Rand killed quite a lot of sith, or he learned to defend himself against them at least, it might suit someone like him better.

Mace Windu has a particular set of skills that would make him the ultimate sith killer. Im pretty sure he would wreck 9/10 sith.

Unfortunately his mistake was going against the most powerful sith lord in history.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Obi-Wan and Anakin both killed Sith though.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    They might have killed sith but that doesn't make them sith-hunters. jedi are not hunters and they are not vengeful. They are meant to be above such motives.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member

2% + 20% maul lead + 35% (attacked with Jedi) = 57% = bad idea 101
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Olga wrote: »

Is called, nobody in they're right mind would make that trade off
  • iLPAPA wrote: »
    NEW ACCURACY MODS CHALLENGES to counter evasion meta with probably a droid team to help acquire them. A zeta on a char would have uncertainty in it plo koon zeta might work but for how long and would it be even worth a farm considering meta changes ever so frequently. NEW ACCURACY MODS although has to have the right numbers otherwise evasion would be completely useless.

Na. Protection mods. Just nerf evasion.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »

2% + 20% maul lead + 35% (attacked with Jedi) = 57% = bad idea 101
    I don't use Jedi and they had no evasion lead. This isn't something that happened once either, this is happening a lot. My guys are dodging like mad and so are my opponents.

• Olga wrote: »

Only if they buff accuracy. 12% accuracy is weak against 35% dodge (base + leader).