Are non damaging attacks/abilities supposed to be able to be dodged/deflected?

scuba
14040 posts Member
edited April 2017
I have alway been under the impression that abilities/attacks that don't do damage can be dodged/deflected. Examples Old Ben Mind tricks, Dooku secondary stun, Daka secondary stun, Asajj Strike fear etc.

All of these do no damage and have been able to be dodged/deflected.

Even a comment from @CG_Kozispoon states Assaji Strike Fear can be dodged/deflected

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/678103/#Comment_678103
Hiya!
This doesn't appear to be a bug! Count Dooku’s leader ability states that all allies gain increased evasion and Offense Up for 2 turns whenever they successfully evade. Asajj Ventress Strike Fear attack is dodge-able, so any enemy that successfully evades this attack will gain Offense Up. Hope this helps!

Then along comes Imperial tie fighter vs Bistan Scounting mission and according to Kozi this should not be dodgeable since it doesn't do damage

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/878839/#Comment_878839
Hiya!
Our team tested this issue with the parameters described (with normal & reinforcement ships) and the target lock was applied each time. When this ability is used the enemy ship cannot dodge as there is nothing to Dodge.

Seems a little inconsistent. So @CG_Kozispoon are non damaging abilities supposed to be able to be dodged/deflected? Is this something new that was recently changed?

Replies

• We need answers! Or riot!
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    Inconsistences are common in this game. Like time of dropping stealth, Leia and Sith under Maul's lead
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    When Dev says it's WAI then it is. The ultimate saying is 'well this is a holo table game in a galaxy long long ago so what we're doing is just right'
  • @scuba something interesting for you.

Was running my fleet challenge today And used scimitars special ability to give my Biggs X-wing retribution, the opposing bistans U-wing applied target lock with his special ability and my Biggs X-wing did not counter.

That example right there shows that it in fact isn't classified under the attack category or else my ship would have counter attacked.
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    Theophany wrote: »
    scuba something interesting for you.

Was running my fleet challenge today And used scimitars special ability to give my Biggs X-wing retribution, the opposing bistans U-wing applied target lock with his special ability and my Biggs X-wing did not counter.

That example right there shows that it in fact isn't classified under the attack category or else my ship would have counter attacked.

Yeah have always seen non damaging abilities not get countered, and I think they shouldn't. It could have been a hidden game wise change to make non damaging attacks also unavoidable but the only one I have been using for a while now is cassian and haven't paid attention if it is dodgeable or not by the primary target. Will be watching for it though just to see.
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    johnne wrote: »
    Inconsistences are common in this game. Like time of dropping stealth, Leia and Sith under Maul's lead

no kidding
    When Dev says it's WAI then it is. The ultimate saying is 'well this is a holo table game in a galaxy long long ago so what we're doing is just right'

I am fine with it if it is WAI just want some consistency. When it is said "When this ability is used the enemy ship cannot dodge as there is nothing to Dodge" well that can be used for all non damaging abilities, which has also been stated otherwise in the past.
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    Seriously, somehow Leia's stealth ends in the end of the turn, while Zaul's lead stealth ends at the beginning. I tot this inconsistency, right?
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    Even Nute's basic stealth lasts till 2x turn End...
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    Seriously, somehow Leia's stealth ends in the end of the turn, while Zaul's lead stealth ends at the beginning. I tot this inconsistency, right?

Agree it is.
    But it benefits them to end that way.
    Leia keeps stealth for her attack, if you don't re stealth her, so she she cannot be countered.
    Sith lose stealth at start of turn but gain advantage right away so ensures they get a chance to use it before it is dispelled.

Stealth lost at start of turn
    Zeta maul
    Teebo lead and other ewoks
    Nebit
    Geo spy
    Scavenger

Stealth lost at end of turn
    Leia
    Dathcha
    Dengar
    Acolyte
    Nute
    Assassin
    Teebo scramble tactics self

There are also inconsistency about how when it is gained, before or after damage

Gains stealth before damage
    Assassin basic

Gains stealth after damage
    Acolyte basic
    Dathcha basic
    Nute

• This is actually a pretty big deal glad we're bringing light to the issue
  • johnne
    330 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    scuba wrote: »

Agree it is.
    But it benefits them to end that way.
    Leia keeps stealth for her attack, if you don't re stealth her, so she she cannot be countered.
    Sith lose stealth at start of turn but gain advantage right away so ensures they get a chance to use it before it is dispelled.

Stealth lost at start of turn
    Zeta maul
    Teebo lead and other ewoks
    Nebit
    Geo spy
    Scavenger

Stealth lost at end of turn
    Leia
    Dathcha
    Dengar
    Acolyte
    Nute
    Assassin
    Teebo scramble tactics self

There are also inconsistency about how when it is gained, before or after damage

Gains stealth before damage
    Assassin basic

Gains stealth after damage
    Acolyte basic
    Dathcha basic
    Nute

Wah nice Summary
    Post edited by johnne on