Bought 200 bucks of mod packs, results here !

Prev1
Zabak
165 posts Member
edited April 2017
With all these packs, i got 231 mods :
75 green (32%)
67 blue (29%)
49 purple (21%)
40 gold (17%)

79 3dots (34%)
72 4dots (31%)
80 5dots (34%)

27 non-5dots with speed secondary (11%)
18 5dots with speed secondary (7%)

General consensus : i advise not to buy these packs unless in big quantities. As usual, results are bad.
(Not complaining tho, needed those mods ;) )

Replies

• Zabak
    165 posts Member
    Options
    Please comment, let everyone see the numbers behind the packs ! Thanks !
  • Options
    Just curious how many if the 5 for speed secondaries ended with more than 10 speed ?
  • Zabak
    165 posts Member
    Options
    Well...i only have 300k credits ^^' cant really tell the end results, and it s gonna take a loooong while
  • Options
    Zabak wrote: »
    Well...i only have 300k credits ^^' cant really tell the end results, and it s gonna take a loooong while

If you can afford to drop $200 on mods why not drop another $20 on credits and level up the good ones?
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the break-down. I bought one and got only junk (not a single speed secondary). But that was only one trial, so not much to conclude from.

Just curious: Out of your 18 golden boys (5 dots with speed secondary), how many have a useful (usable) primary (e.g. not a Defense Arrow or Triangle)?
    Would you have bought more than a couple of them for crystals in the store?
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Zabak
    165 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @Robbathehutt well because given all the mods to level up plus all the characters i need to level up (like really), the "$20" would actually be closer to another $100...and i was in desperate need for mods, not credits. Gonna wai for heist.

@Tiggus out of these (didn't pay too much attention, can't check right now ;) ), there were probably 5 to 7 truly useful... I'll let you know late !
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    You could always sell your unusable mods and use the credits to upgrade some of the good ones... if you haven't already.
  • Zabak
    165 posts Member
    Options
    @vessaharja yeah, drop rates for good mods seem to have dropped since the tourney mod packs...but let's face it,hoping for THESE packs to come back was a bit unrealistic...

@AnnerDoon true dat ! I thought about it, but i need to further sort the mods in order to not have regrets after selling... Even for the 3dots...
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    vessaharja wrote: »
    I also made a post on my experience (here) and it would seem that @CG_Kozispoon is just screwing us with these packs. Based on first responders, the packs yield average results at best.

If the packs yield average results you're not getting screwed.
    6 mods for 1000 crystals. If one of them is good, that's cheaper than buying them from mod shipments by far.

That's not my definition of getting screwed. If you were looking for the holy grail of mods to be in one of these just because it was a data card pack, I don't know what to tell you. The first time around the mod packs were broken. Now they don't seem to be. Now they're just a heck of a deal.

Good.

• Zabak
    165 posts Member
    Options
    @Tiggus here you go : triangle cd, arrow crit avoid. (Meh), tenacity cross x2, protec. Arrow (not too bad), protection cross (nice for tanks as well), aaand...that's it...i probably wouldn't have bought for crystals, even though first triangle and cross have speed sec., tho...
  • Options
    ♤♤ after just now pulling a 19 speed secondary from a regular challenge of 10 simulations, I have to change my opinion on packs to below average.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    I just spent about 150$

Packs aren't worth it, olds ones were better.

You're better off spending the extra crystals on cantina refresh to farm mods from there than mod packs
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    I just spent about 150$

You're better off spending the extra crystals on cantina refresh to farm mods from there than mod packs

Thx for sharing mate. and @Zabak . :) Will probably skip them for now. Although I have seen a few Sith Assassin's in my Arena shard who have suddenly gained 10+ speed.... can't be a coincidence :p
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Zabak
    165 posts Member
    Options
    @Chewie_says_Aaarww ;)
    You're probably better off stayingaway, i upgraded some to check the speed....my gosh i completely wasted my money :D:D:D
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    Options
    Great information,thank you for your kindness.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    I agree that the ROI is better with shipments
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    I just spent about 150$

Thx for sharing mate. and @Zabak . :) Will probably skip them for now. Although I have seen a few Sith Assassin's in my Arena shard who have suddenly gained 10+ speed.... can't be a coincidence :p

This may also explain my sudden 40 place swing in arena last night. Haven't seen a drop like that since the last palp event.
  • Options
    As usual they cater to the whales, while alienating the overwhelming majority of their users

I was ready to dump a couple crates on these packs, but after 3 packs I have found exactly 0 usable mods. 21 mods that are useless, can't believe going into shipments an spending 3k on a good mod with speed secondary would have been better than these packs.

You got my 20 bucks EA, but that's it.
  • Options
    When the devs announced they were making "improvements" to the mods packs, everyone with a brain knew that they were toast. With EA, if something seems too good to be true, the odds of them ruining that something goes up exponentially.
  • VinnyG
    119 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe someday they will learn that increasing cost while reducing quality is a very poor decision in the long run. All this did was cement my decision to go from ptp to ftp.
  • Options
    When the devs announced they were making "improvements" to the mods packs, everyone with a brain knew that they were toast. With EA, if something seems too good to be true, the odds of them ruining that something goes up exponentially.

Like after the very original NHL hockey and NHL 95.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Bought 3 speed sets (only challenge) i haven't 3*'d

Im actually pretty happy with results... i got +15/13/10/7/5/5 speed secondaries.

Overall that was 3k of gems and i would have spent that many for at best a mod or two from mod shipments with speed secondaries at or near +15/13...

Maybe i got lucky with RNG...
  • Options
    I just bought 3 packs and got 0 mods with speed secondaries, the best mod I got was a 3 dot speed arrow, which is next to useless anyway. Moral of the story is don't buy them!
  • Zabak
    165 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @Loose_Lee **** you're lucky :o

@Daddyngo007 I might just do that :D hold on, let me put a mortgage on my place ;)
  • Options
    They can be useful if you want say "crit damage" mods but do not have A squad able to do the 5 star challenge....

• Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    They can be useful if you want say "crit damage" mods but do not have A squad able to do the 5 star challenge....

That was my thought too. I only have 1 Jawa, 1 FO, and two Resistance toons even unlocked. However, I am saving up for another mk 5 furnace and the mod packs are almost a third of the price. Decent to good mod set vs. going up a gear level. Very tough call.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

But can the pack drop 5* mods if you haven't unlocked them in the challenges yet?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Pretty sure yes.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

But can the pack drop 5* mods if you haven't unlocked them in the challenges yet?

Yes, it does, of course.