Level 83 player, looking for advice.

Corrog
308 posts Member
This is me

I came back to the game a while ago, after having mildly played and mismanaged resources at the beginning. I've already decided against restarting. I almost have enough Zeta materials to upgrade someone, and I can almost clear credit heist tier IV. I've got a lot of tools to work with, but no budget. What would you do in my shoes?

Replies

• DeeRod12
    386 posts Member
    Save till next meta comes around, just work on hAAT teams for now get those gk shards started up.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    DeeRod12 wrote: »
    Save till next meta comes around, just work on hAAT teams for now get those gk shards started up.

Thanks for the advice. By save for the new meta, do you mean the next rework? Or the next crazy overpowered new characters? I can't afford to chase new characters anymore.
  • Live in the now, go call zaul.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    TWD_Negan wrote: »
    Live in the now, go call zaul.

Would Zaul be worthwhile with my current toons? I'm not able to get gear X and XI very easily.
  • JarJarWinks
    19 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I would focus on building a strong arena team and completing the zeta challenge for ships.
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Corrog wrote: »
    TWD_Negan wrote: »
    Live in the now, go call zaul.

Would Zaul be worthwhile with my current toons? I'm not able to get gear X and XI very easily.

What's holding you back from those upper tiers? The current state of the game favors gear level drastically over star level. Also don't feel obligated to go for zMaul. Rex is a solid counter and has been multiple times in the past. Anytime the meta favors debuffs and crits he does well.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Well, rex is only gonna take u so far in the current meta witbout gk. I think it is reasonable to go for sith, if u got the new sith toon shards, since u unlocked zetas already and any other squad seems to need 6 months of farming and gear. U can run a decent sith squad with 3 3star toons. If u missed out on dn, s trooper, s assasin, and u dont already have a few sith, well i say work on gk and rex, mebbe.

Top priority though. Credit heist. U will need to level 82+ a few toons soon. And the rest u need to buy mods.
  • Jamie_SWGOH
    160 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I've also just returned to the game after a 9 month hiatus. I'm lvl 82 and my top priority has been getting a scoundrel team that can clear highest credit heist. Now that's done, I'm getting my rebels up for the next EP event. I'm nowhere near getting Zetas and can't even break top 200 in Arena (I was getting top spot before I left). You just have to deal with the most fundamental bottleneck first, and it sounds to me like you need to build your scoundrels up as a priority.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    I've also just returned to the game after a 9 month hiatus. I'm lvl 82 and my top priority has been getting a scoundrel team that can clear highest credit heist. Now that's done, I'm getting my rebels up for the next EP event. I'm nowhere near getting Zetas and can't even break top 200 in Arena (I was getting top spot before I left). You just have to deal with the most fundamental bottleneck first, and it sounds to me like you need to build your scoundrels up as a priority.

What is a good team for credit heist?

I have Boba 80 gear 8, STH 80 gear 8. Also have Chewie, Lando, Cad, and IG-88 all either gear 7 or 8, and 5-6 stars, anywhere from level 72 to level 78.
  • Corrog wrote: »

I have Boba 80 gear 8, STH 80 gear 8. Also have Chewie, Lando, Cad, and IG-88 all either gear 7 or 8, and 5-6 stars, anywhere from level 72 to level 78.

In addition to Bobba and STH, strengthen Lando, IG 88 and Chewie. That's my credit heist team and I finish easily.

Chewie sucks but he has a lot of health and protection so he will survive the battle, plus he can recover health. IG 88 is quite frustrating as low health/protection so you need him gear VIII at least. Bobba and Lando will do the damage, STH sometimes and taunt when another toon is in trouble.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member

In addition to Bobba and STH, strengthen Lando, IG 88 and Chewie. That's my credit heist team and I finish easily.

Chewie sucks but he has a lot of health and protection so he will survive the battle, plus he can recover health. IG 88 is quite frustrating as low health/protection so you need him gear VIII at least. Bobba and Lando will do the damage, STH sometimes and taunt when another toon is in trouble.

That's what I was building towards. Lando is my up-and-comer, and current weakest guy. I figured he'd be useful for credit heist and Palpatine, so I went for it.
  • Corrog wrote: »

That's what I was building towards. Lando is my up-and-comer, and current weakest guy. I figured he'd be useful for credit heist and Palpatine, so I went for it.

Good choice! Plus Lando is easy to farm with cantina at only 8 energy and good drop rate. I had 10 shards a day with him.
  • If you don't have EP, then ST Han and Lando are good to develop as they're both scoundrel and rebel. Any of the toons you mention are good for the credit heist. I'd develop your Lando and 88 more.