So why exactly is Kanan the second slowest character in the game?

Prev1
Sikho
1088 posts Member
He currently sits at 95 speed, alongside Sith Trooper (who can taunt outside his turn) and only above Baze at 90 speed (who has a pretaunt and can also taunt outside his turn).

I just don't understand why the devs decided to give Kanan such a low speed, considering that he has no way to taunt or protect his team before he takes his first turn, which pretty much happens when the fight is already finished.
Additionally, he has no way to gain turn meter, outside of Hera's leadership TM gain, which only kicks in when he takes his first turn (and is deactived when Hera dies).

He's just sluggish currently, especially considering all the recently released taunters that do a way better job at protecting their team than Kanan:

- Sith Trooper (same speed, 95): He can taunt outside his turn, and basically acts as a pre-taunter in a Sith team since he just needs 1 other Sith to use a special ability to taunt

- Baze (90 speed, 5 less than Kanan): Has a pre-taunt, and taunts whenever an enemy dies, or Chirrut falls below 100% health). He also gains a huge amount of Turn Meter for free (5% each time an enemy gains a buff) and has amazing utility.

- General Kenobi (127 speed, +32 compared to Kanan): Can taunt whenever an ally is critically hit, and has amazing utility too.

- K2SO (129 speed, +34 compared to Kanan): Taunts for 1 hit whenever he attacks, and has 50 or 100 counter chance, which lets him taunt very often.

- Shoretrooper (117 speed, +22 compared to Kanan): Has a pre-taunt and can taunt very often

- Chief Nebit (115 speed, +20 compared to Kanan): He can perma-taunt with an Omega, and he benefits from JE's recalibrate to always act before the enemy team.

- Even Scariff Rebel Pathfinder has 121 speed, 26 more than Kanan, and he's a generic nameless random character.

I'm puzzled by the devs' choice to make Kanan so slow, especially considering he has no way to gain TM or protect his team before his taunt. It just doesn't make sense to cripple him like this.

Even from a lore standpoint, he doesn't really fit the "slow, armor-heavy" type like Baze, Sith Trooper or Shore Trooper. If anything he is an agile and swift Jedi, and should have a higher speed than a guy with a heavy blaster repeater, a huge armor and a freakin' power plant on his back to power his gun.

It's a shame because his Unique is very powerful in a Phoenix Squad, but it's the only reason to ever include him.
He's the only character I know of that is picked exclusively because of his unique, and is useless beside that.

He should get a +25 speed boost at least, or have some way to taunt outside his turn. Considering he's always trying to protect Ezra, an auto-taunt when Ezra falls below full health could be interesting.

TL;DR: Kanan is slow as heck and can't do anything before his first turn, which is the complete opposite of all the tanks released recently. Also please don't make a Blind joke, he won't see it coming.

Replies

• HAHAHAHA!!!
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Because he is blind
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Because he is blind

I was going to say the same lol
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    So is visas marr but you would still date her
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Because he is blind

35l6qzs.png
  • Sikho wrote: »
    Because he is blind

35l6qzs.png

Dang it, I was about to post it.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Sikho wrote: »
    Because he is blind

35l6qzs.png

Dang it, I was about to post it.

I had it ready in case someone brought it up.
  • Yeah, "blind" is a terrible argument when Chirrut has one of the fastest base speeds in the game.
  • I can totally see the guys creating this toon thinking he should be slow because he is blind though. I can also totally see the same guys just forgetting about Chirrut and therefore lacking consistency.
  • eralez
    27 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Should have atleast an auto-taunt like baze and Chirrut
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    because of his basic ability.
    solved, you're welcome ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    I can totally see the guys creating this toon thinking he should be slow because he is blind though. I can also totally see the same guys just forgetting about Chirrut and therefore lacking consistency.

Which would be weird because he doesn't look blind at all in Season 3.
    In the final episode, he even drives a hoverbike while Thrawn is firing with his fleet and comes out without a scratch.

If anything Chirrut is only force-sensitive while Kanan is a force-user, so he should handle his blindness better than him.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

No
  • eralez
    27 posts Member

Don't solve the problem at all.
    His unique doesn't help him to protect his allies
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    eralez wrote: »
    Inflicts offense down.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Olga wrote: »
    Inflicts offense down.

Which can be resisted, unless it's a critical hit, which remains inconsistent. It can also be cleansed easily.
    His basic can be missed, too.
    And the problem remains the same: he needs to take a turn to use it, turn which will be used to taunt. So basically he will never use his basic during his turn.

The only way he can easily apply it is with his counters, or by assists.
    Assists are more useful if used to get damage or Zeb's stun.
    Counters are inconsistent too, he only has a 70% chance. IF he is not dazed or stunned, that is. If the enemy has a tank, it's also useless.

Also, keep in mind that the effect lasts until Kanan's next turn. So every OD applied outside is turn won't be here for long, and even if he applies it to 5 enemies, it still disappears when he takes his next turn.

Overall his OD is very inconsistent, and it won't be very useful during the fight.
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Because he is blind

I was going to say the same lol

Was thinking bout this reading the topic.
  • An auto-Taunt at start of battle or when an allie is defeated would help. More speed would make his primary on counters worthless.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Keep in mind that this is the same game where Ventress is one of the slowest characters. (The unique they gave her doesn't fix it either.)
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Keep in mind that this is the same game where Ventress is one of the slowest characters. (The unique they gave her doesn't fix it either.)

Just be glad about we have CUP and Mob enforcer
  • leef wrote: »

And his Unique.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Yeah, I think his mechanics is pretty bad, by the time he was able to taunt, his allies he needed to protect would be dead already. Was he needed to be with chopper? Because it can taunt and have pretty decent speed. And Chopper unique can protect its ally until Kanan can taunt, provided that you run with Hera lead
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    So that in 6 months they can give him a zeta giving him +25% TM and grants all allies evasion up. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    An auto-Taunt at start of battle or when an allie is defeated would help. More speed would make his primary on counters worthless.

It's already weak anyway, speed or not.
    They should just change his basic to a 1-turn offense down, that would at least be useful.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Olga wrote: »
    Inflicts offense down.

Which can be resisted, unless it's a critical hit, which remains inconsistent. It can also be cleansed easily.
    His basic can be missed, too.
    And the problem remains the same: he needs to take a turn to use it, turn which will be used to taunt. So basically he will never use his basic during his turn.

The only way he can easily apply it is with his counters, or by assists.
    Assists are more useful if used to get damage or Zeb's stun.
    Counters are inconsistent too, he only has a 70% chance. IF he is not dazed or stunned, that is. If the enemy has a tank, it's also useless.

Also, keep in mind that the effect lasts until Kanan's next turn. So every OD applied outside is turn won't be here for long, and even if he applies it to 5 enemies, it still disappears when he takes his next turn.

Overall his OD is very inconsistent, and it won't be very useful during the fight.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    So that in 6 months they can give him a zeta giving him +25% TM and grants all allies evasion up. ;)

Even then, this Zeta would be on his second Special (Protection Up), which would not solve anything.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Even then, this Zeta would be on his second Special (Protection Up), which would not solve anything.

It was a Darth Maul joke. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member

It was a Darth Maul joke. ;)

Which I understood, but the real joke is that even with a Zeta, Kanan would still be bad.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Because someone has to be.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Because he is blind
    +1
    Because he is blind

35l6qzs.png

At least cherrut isn't in a terrible TV show and knows what the force is.

Reasons:
    1. Blind
    2. Bad show
    3. He can't fight
    4. He sucks at force
    5. He only gains it after blinding (even dumber)
    6. Bad show
    7. Bad show
    8. Bad show
    9. He's a padawan
    10. Bad show
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.