Who's the 5th in a rex lead team

JoseIrimia
446 posts Member
edited April 2017
I am building an arena team with Rex (l), GK, Chaze and a 5th.
All of them max geared (chirrut will soon be g10) with pretty good mods. Ok, and now, who is the 5th?
I've seen many people using DN, but I rather not go that route. Who else could be? Other maxed toonsI have B2, Aayla, JKA... Any suggestions? Any other?
I was thinking in B2 for extra turns, dispels, and antievasion (anti-zaul teams). But then maybe I lack firepower. Then Aayla, which damage, retribution and stun are nice. JKA landing buff immunity and damage are also really good.
Any advice?

Thanks guys.

Replies

• Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Without dn the team doesn't work at all. There's not enough damage or control with anyone else. You could try zylo, but he won't be anywhere near as effective.
  • Why? What's DN role in the team to make it so night and day?
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Ohko
  • JoseIrimia wrote: »
    Why? What's DN role in the team to make it so night and day?
    Reducing cooldown constantly, and annihilating. His basic attack dispel is also great.
  • DN is definitely the place to be right now. Can run Rex, GK, Palp, Kylo, DN for more firepower (my personal fave) or head the direction you are, but definitely include DN :/
  • Ok. I will start gearing DN up, although is only 3*. Thanks for the input. In the meantime I guess I will try the ones I mentioned I try to see the best solution
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    I've seen it work before with Aayla. Good damage, stun, etc.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    You could try Boba Fett if you hate DN. You won't be loading up a ton of debuffs for his execute but he does have ability block and his execute also cleanses and does extra damage in the process. Plus his own dots count. Ignores taunt. Maybe B2, but pretty RPG dependant. Might work really well against certain line ups though.

Why no love for DN? He's one of the best characters in the game..... At any stars. Not rough to gear either.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    DN has the following feats that imo are important in the following order:

1. CD up
    2. Basic dispel
    3. (if Zeta) the unique to give health down to everyone
    4. Instakill

I have to say Annihilate is rarely of use to me, unless I play around with Nihilus lead I only get to use it about 50% of them time. The other abilities therefore have far more value to me.

I have a guy running the team with B2 instead of Nihilus and it's none of the most annoying teams I've ever faced. When using Rex lead no buffs stay and with Sith Trooper gains taunt 50 times but gets dispelled within 10 seconds. B2 certainly works, I've seen Zylo also do well.

The others you mention I haven't seen nor tried so I couldn't tell, though I think Boba could be a good fit with the unavoidable attack, especially when you face Chaze or Zavage.
  • Boba doesn't do that much damage (good damage, but not a ton). Zylo can do a lot of damage, but he needs to be hit (which is hard with 2 tanks there) and he can't get around a taunt. DN is solid because he can get around a taunt by dispelling it on his basic, provide irresistible/uncleansable ability block, and can use annihilate to take down the enemy team.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    The AI will aoe w/ zKylo every opportunity it has, which is pretty much every turn. This feeds tm to zMaul leads that dodge and Rex leads that get critted. He is not a toon u want under AI control in the current Maul/Rex-heavy environment imo.
  • JoseIrimia
    446 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    @Poxx I agree with zylo in the current meta, could be a liability.
    @Juex777 I play for have some fun and being competitive. This is the reason now I run jedi. I love the characters and the mechanic. Exactly the opposite of dodge metas (b4 with old ben or dooku, now maul). DN is a toon doesn't really give any joy (mostly because I do not know his background). But I see is really usefiul as perfectly described by @KeKattia . So I prefer to use others I enjoy or like. For example, as soon as I unlocked GK, I maxed him in 2 mins and was using him in arena right away.
    Eventually I will address DN, but I will give a try to B2 or Aayla.

Thank you all for the feedback and the explanations.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Zylo is fun on offense and maybe they'll fix him at some point. Plus he is the HAAT phase one king
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    JoseIrimia wrote: »
    Ok. I will start gearing DN up, although is only 3*. Thanks for the input. In the meantime I guess I will try the ones I mentioned I try to see the best solution

DN is supposedly the best right now, yes, but I don't agree with Dooku_for_days that anything else will make it a rubbish team. I'm using my EP as fifth, and it works great. AoE stun kan delay enemy DN's annihilate and second forcedrain. Shock will prevent enemies from stealthing under Zaul lead and also prevent healing/buffs/taunts if facing an enemy Chaze. Multiple shocks will give your EP enough TM to actually make him a great attacker. I always get to kill enemy DN before it annihilates. Only drawback is, that I have lost a few battles where I left enemy Zylo for last, even if I still had all my 5. Big mistake. With a sturdy enough DN you won't have that problem.
  • Nihilus is pretty important for that set up. If you want to do something different, I recommend using ackbar as your lead instead of Rex. His lead will speed up chaze, he still cleanses, and more importantly tactical genius can allow nihilus to move back to back (and thus get to annihilate quicker)
  • Thanks guys. I tried for some time B2, and works, but I lack firepower, so I tend to time out some combats, plus, against a zylo or zavage is way to complicated to win.
  • JoseIrimia
    446 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Just an update: DN is indeed the best 5th component. Running him now (5* g11) for a week and consistently being 1st in my shard at the payout, only falling overnight to at most position 15.
    Thank all for the input.

PS: annihilate zylo, baze or shore is highly satisfying. Specially Zylo.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    For offense at least R2 will also be viable, I will have to see if he holds on payout, usually with Nihilus I hold against my rival running Zaul. Will keep you posted
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    Maybe Deathtrooper as the 5th. A dispel or lower CD, Daze plus a chance to Stun,
    Terminate, Deathmark. Plus double hit on Rebels who are everywhere. He's slower but Rex can speed him up.