Are my Rancor Rewards Broken?

Prev1
Four weeks of heroic rancor raids finishing anywhere from first to fourth depending on who else solos and every single raid the largest reward has been Nubian Scanners. The one time I got a fully crafted piece of gear guess what it was? Yup, a Nubian Scanner! This is getting ridiculous, I now have over 500 of them and I've been giving them away in donations as often as possible. I've already equipped them on any toon I am ever likely to use them on. Surely this can't be RNG? I've tried just registering 0 for a raid to try and break the cycle but I am still getting this every single raid. I'm not one to complain on this forum but I'm starting to think something is wrong.

Replies

• I have over 700 furnace salvage and today I didn't even get Rancor rewards because it says I was over my limit. The game is just crap sometimes.
  • I'd walk naked through a blizzard to get some furnace salvage. I get that we are always going to end up with a glut of one item but surely if it is truly random I should get a different piece of gear from time to time. I'm so sick of guild mates posting pictures of their fully crafted stun cuffs and stun guns laughing at me with my mountain of scanners. Sorry to rant, just having a bad night!
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Rancor rewards, stun cuffs and stun gun drop rates seriously need a buff. It is ridiculous.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Gear shop anyone (shard shop style)? I mean seriously... ****?
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    W....t...f is censored? Wow!
  • I agree it needs some overhaul in the rewards system. It's been asked for so much but I doubt it's going to happen, they want you to get your wallet out!
  • well, I'm am so sick of mk 4 carbanti...
  • I haven't gotten furnaces in over three weeks but have been getting scanners 90% of the times. I do three raids a week and come up empty every single time. It's affecting me greatly! I have 519 scanner pieces and 3 fully crafter scanners while I have 30 furnces, 11 of which I've been buying from the shard shop or the guild store.

Extremely frustrating!

There should be a guarantee drop of at least one piece of each every 4 or 6 raids.

Please!!!!
  • Rancor prizes are broken. I'll get droid caller salvage once every month and a half while I am swimming in everything else. It seems like most players are way short on one of the raid gear pieces from Rancor,
  • I've been trying to get a droid caller since before Christmas... Not one beat that.
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    Four weeks of heroic rancor raids finishing anywhere from first to fourth depending on who else solos and every single raid the largest reward has been Nubian Scanners. The one time I got a fully crafted piece of gear guess what it was? Yup, a Nubian Scanner! This is getting ridiculous, I now have over 500 of them and I've been giving them away in donations as often as possible. I've already equipped them on any toon I am ever likely to use them on. Surely this can't be RNG? I've tried just registering 0 for a raid to try and break the cycle but I am still getting this every single raid. I'm not one to complain on this forum but I'm starting to think something is wrong.

I've also been getting Nubian Scanners every single raid for the past I don't even know how many....I'd kill for furnances/droid callers and even design tech (not going to mention cuffs and guns - that's a whole other story along with Mk3 Holoprojectors)....but no I still end up getting scanners...
  • For you is the scanners, for me is the furnace. (At least I craft it a lot).
    The problem is that there's also some very and reward like the useless carbanti IV, and don't get me started on the daily challenge reward that often drops on haat
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    My confirmation bias is that when I sit around position 15 of rancor I get best rewards, although as second I got a full stun cuffs
  • I havent got a fully crafted piece of gear from rancor in at least 2 months. Never get stun cuffs or guns anymore either. Top 3 of heroic raid should be almost guaranteed to get fully crafted gear.
  • Rancor raids are tailored to individual players. You get scanners, I myself have 3 fully crafted discs, and over 400 salvage. Out of the last 50 raids I've participated in, there were only 3 where I didn't receive either a disc, or salvage.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I have two accounts. At one point, they were both in the same guild doing T7's.

One kept getting scanners and discs when what I really needed was fusion salvage.

The other has hundreds of furnace salvage but needs scanners and discs.

It is what it is, and what it is be super annoying yo!
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Need disks have to much furnace salvage
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    My (totally unsubstantiated) hunch is that the rancor exclusive rewards are not uniformly random but the rng is shifted to make it more likely to drop items you have an excess of already (or the converse - items you are short of, are made less likely to drop). I can understand the reasons why they might want to do this (creates artificial shortages) and it might explain the fact that so many people complain of the same problem.

I have no real evidence this is the case, but just in case it is true, I always try to equip everything I receive as soon as possible so that I have all 4 gears at roughly the same excess level (typically about 50-100 of each). Since doing this I seem to have better distributed rewards.

Of course it could just all be rng but i am cynical enough to believe it might be deliberate.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    I get a fairly even spread of stuff. Anything else I need can be bought with crystals, shard currency, guild currency etc.
  • acg
    125 posts Member
    Bo5EQT7.jpg
  • I'm glad it's not just me! I've thought about trying to spend the gear that I have in order to fool the game into thinking I need them but the scanners can't be equipped on anyone at the moment. I've used them on all my most useful characters. I keep encouraging my guild mates to request them but it's a long hard slog trying to give them all away one at a time. Thanks everyone for making me feel less singled out by bad so called RNG, although we all know it's Dave from Accounting pushing that button!
  • Lol @acg Nice one!
  • I said this is our guild chat a couple of weeks ago.

-Rancor raid rewards are like a really rubbish Christmas every few days.

It's got to the point where I save everything and buy the stuff that I need from the stores.
  • although we all know it's Dave from Accounting pushing that button!

Just laughed so hard tea came out of my nose.
  • I finally got furnaces, I think it took three weeks, not 100% sure. That's probably around 9 raids without them.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    This has been mentioned many times on forums before. Developers have never said if it's true or not, but there's LOTS of anecdotal evidence that raids do in fact keep rewarding a player the same pieces over and over.

Personally I've got around 400-500 callers, design tech and scanners... and I currently have 20 furnace pieces.
  • I had same problem with scanners last 5 or 6 raids nothing but scanners except last one I got furnances.
  • I'm up there with ya! First place=scanners...40th place=scanners. I have 3 crafted Nubian Scanners and a few hundred scanner salvage. I only have 29 furnace salvage, so I've been buying them in shard shop and guild store. The rewards are very annoying. I won't complain about stun cuffs because I actually get excellent drop rates on them. Stun guns on the other hand...I can sim 24 battles and get 1 or 2 to drop.
  • Veritasum wrote: »
    I have over 700 furnace salvage and today I didn't even get Rancor rewards because it says I was over my limit. The game is just **** sometimes.

Wow. Something's clearly broken if it awards you nothing rather than some other pieces of gear.
  • I am still skeptical that the game is intentionally tailored to give every player a unique shortage of one raid item. It sure feels like I get scanners the most frequently, often get furnaces, sometimes get techs, and rarely get callers. But I haven't really kept numbers on it, so it may just be confirmation bias.