Galactic war.

TheRockObama
21 posts Member
edited February 2016
Did EA total mess up another Star Wars game ???

During Galactic War, you used to be able to have a suicide squad take on an opponent and have them use their special attacks .. Fast forward to today and even messing round that opponent starts off blasting you with the special teams attacks

Why to mess up another Star Aars branded game
Post edited by Zalenira on

Replies

• JoshG
    908 posts Member
    *leaves a box of tissues*
  • Eh? This still works, you can send in a suicide squad to absorb the special attacks.
    Just dont send in level 1 toons, sometimes the opponent won't even use their specials.
  • I send in all level 40s. ... Box of tissues .. Must be a comment from some clown that spends his mothers $$$ on characters in the game ..

• I am sorry you are having trouble with the GW. The best advice I can give is just to finish it as far as you can each day.
    There are strategy guides here that might help you.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/guides
  • Suicide squads can still do some damage and soak up cooldowns; but you can no longer waste their CDs and then retreat, and it has been this way for over a couple weeks now.
    One thing different I am noticing is that they seem to have changed the formula for selecting opponents, as in the last 6 battles I have encountered my 5 hardest opponents of all time. Like the average level of my opponents went up by about 10-15
    Before this, around the time the retreat change, the average level in arena also went up by about 10-15, almost what I would have expect if there was some type of server merger between an old and new server, which screws over the newer server's players.
    Between these two major difficulty jumps where I level up just to have the rug pulled out from underneath me, I believe the developers are engaging in some type of difficulty gouging to try to force more money out of mid-level players (can't let them get powerful enough that they don't feel the need to buy lots of data packs after all).
    This makes both the stress and cost of this game higher than if I just went and played a full fledged "pay up front and know exactly what you're getting into" retail game, which is what I think I'll do.
  • There's a stickied thread for this
    Roger roger
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I feel sorry for those of you that can't finish it, or need to use retreat, RNG seed abuse, or suicide squads, or multiple teams, or any kind of strategy. I just smash buttoms and reap the rewards.

Today I did it with 5 guys, usted retreat once. My guys arent even maxed. I used HK47, 86, 88, Geo, and Luminara. All of them 6*, level 65 to 67 (I'm 68). Never fought anyone above my level, or anyone above 6*
  • Triqui wrote: »
    I feel sorry for those of you that can't finish it, or need to use retreat, RNG seed abuse, or suicide squads, or multiple teams, or any kind of strategy. I just smash buttoms and reap the rewards.

Today I did it with 5 guys, usted retreat once. My guys arent even maxed. I used HK47, 86, 88, Geo, and Luminara. All of them 6*, level 65 to 67 (I'm 68). Never fought anyone above my level, or anyone above 6*

Run out, your luck will.
    OP enemies see, you shall.
  • I like Pie.
  • I love GW now. I get to see where my new toons are at and retreat...test some stuff and retreat...it backfired once on the 10th node against a Phasma team. I had tanky characters in there and full strength, plus a newer toon I was building up because I wanted to see them for a moment and then retreat. Well, I got off their special and wanted to do a regular attack to see the damage. Figured I'd keep going as we were all at good health. Then their team went and Phasma's leadership RNG's for 5 straight turns. Decimated all of my team and I had no healers left save for a Talia emergency heal. Most of my A team was gone as well. I was not a happy person.

Well, put in my B team and won node 10. Added Talia for 11 and got off her suicide heal and lost her. Went to the final match and nearly won. Darn. Still had a C team to go and they only had a couple of toons left with half energy so I finished them off! I thought that I had a disaster but nope. Still finished.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi