Is it worth it to build a princess zody team?

Im currently finishing my Nihilus and Savage for the arena and would like to proceed to improving my Tank raid line up.

I have all the clones with Fives and Rex at 7* G10+. Meanwhile, cody 5*, echo5* and clone sergeat 6* ,gear VI to VII. My Leia is only at gear IX.

So I checked swgoh.gg for the gear requirements and it seems like it's a gigantic rancor raid gear grind for a team that may not be arena viable. Cody needs 5 raid gears, echo and sergeant need 3-4 each if Im not mistaken. Then I also have to take into account lea's requirements. + modding!

Current stock of rancor raid gears:
100 Mk5 arakyd droid caller salvages
225 CEC fusion furnace
2 Nubian scanner with 600 salvages LOL
1 Nubian tech with 470 salvages LOL

Is this a good direction to go to? If ever, how do I rank them -> who do I upgrade first?

Replies

• Good team for good gear down the road. I also believe that they will eventually add more clones, so they could be arena worthy eventually.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Do you want to podium in the AAT with only one squad and comparatively little effort? Then do clones.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Id say yes, and build up their ships and use maces ship as lead. You'll do good both in AAT and ship arena.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    All mine are maxed with every possible piece of gear. Leia dies from the AoE. I get less than 1.5 million with Princess Zody in P2 heroic. Be prepared for disappointment if you don't have an unrealistic set of mods.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    It's a good team, but go for Clone Sarge if you can. He dishes out some major damage, and you've almost seven starred him anyway.
  • As @benacrow alluded to, if you have a strong Princess Zody squad you can easily take top 3 in many HAAT guilds with the squad in question.

I am no where near having this squad but a few of my guildies do and they destroy P4 with huge damage numbers. :)
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    All mine are maxed with every possible piece of gear. Leia dies from the AoE. I get less than 1.5 million with Princess Zody in P2 heroic. Be prepared for disappointment if you don't have an unrealistic set of mods.

The best/worst part about princess zody is that you don't even need insane or even good mods. The only ones who need speed are Cody and leia, then the rest are just CD and offense. They're best in P4 as opposed to P2 also.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    benacrow wrote: »

The best/worst part about princess zody is that you don't even need insane or even good mods. The only ones who need speed are Cody and leia, then the rest are just CD and offense. They're best in P4 as opposed to P2 also.

Leia/Cody can post higher numbers in P4 than P2 but Cody/Scavenger are hitting the same score and more in p2 as a p4 Cody/Leia team. Scavenger won't die on you either to the AOE's since he has guaranteed HP steal and not a "chance" to heal like Leia. I've only seen 6-7m from Cody/Leia in p4 lately whereas Cody/Scavenger posted 8.5m in P2.

@dad2my3
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Mewingloki wrote: »

Leia/Cody can post higher numbers in P4 than P2 but Cody/Scavenger are hitting the same score and more in p2 as a p4 Cody/Leia team. Scavenger won't die on you either to the AOE's since he has guaranteed HP steal and not a "chance" to heal like Leia. I've only seen 6-7m from Cody/Leia in p4 lately whereas Cody/Scavenger posted 8.5m in P2.

@dad2my3

@dad2my3

3 members of my guild got 10M+ with princess zody on multiple occasions this past week. There's definitely a higher damage threshold in P4 for them.

Doesn't matter though, because no other comp comes close to matching that score, which is irritating because clones don't even need insane mods to do well.

Take P4 for example. A chaze rebel team, with stellar speed secondary mods and insane rng, can maybe squeeze out 5M at the very best. Then in pop clones and they have decent mods, speed on just Cody and leia, and throw down 5M on a 'bad run'...
  • Gawd lol, got a lot of room to increase offense on my mods then haha. My best has been 6.8m in p4 xD To anyone else reading though, P4 "IMHO" has the higher mod requirement. If you don't have the speed/offense in the right places you won't topple fast enough or be able to handle the b2's and leia will die - fast lol. P2 is definitely the place to start and a jawa is "much" easier to play with than princess at that - and does more in p2 than leia.

So if you're starting out, hit up P2 with a jawa - if you're modded with enough gas for the big run, hit up p4 with leia!
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Gawd lol, got a lot of room to increase offense on my mods then haha. My best has been 6.8m in p4 xD To anyone else reading though, P4 "IMHO" has the higher mod requirement. If you don't have the speed/offense in the right places you won't topple fast enough or be able to handle the b2's and leia will die - fast lol. P2 is definitely the place to start and a jawa is "much" easier to play with than princess at that - and does more in p2 than leia.

So if you're starting out, hit up P2 with a jawa - if you're modded with enough gas for the big run, hit up p4 with leia!

Yes you need Cody and leia fast for P4, but that's almost worse saying only decent mods are needed for P2 and you can still throw down 5M on a bad run lol. That's the point I'm trying to make I guess, that having clones basically doubles any other comp you've got, and they don't even need great mods.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    would sabine work better than leia on a cody team?
  • Negative.

The main reason she is vital is the fact that she spams the buff "2x crit chance".
    In P4, the airstrike does massive damage to anyone who doesn't have a buff on them.
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    I have the same dilemma.

My idea HAAT :

P1- i have zKylo Ren
    P2- droid team with JE, Nebit
    P3 - zVader, TFP, Palp, Maul, Rex (or Boba)
    P4 - clasic rebels Wiggsdo, Ackbar, + something

I have other toons like zSavage, Fives, Phasma, QGJ

Its viable HAAT setup ? I dont need be top 1 , but i need to be good guild mate.

Thx.
  • I'm working on clones even though I have GK at 7*.

Decent team, might be even better in future updates
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm working on clones even though I have GK at 7*.

Decent team, might be even better in future updates

Same apart from the 7 star Kenobi.

I can get top 4-10 in my guilds HaaT consistently with the standard set up (Jedi, Droids, Palp/TFP, Rebels) but I'm building the clones for something different and the hope theres more added or a buff later down the line.

Will also be fun to run something different in the tank.
  • OP HERE!!!

Ok guys! Im convinced to push through with this even if it takes a couple more months.

SOOOO What mods do I exactly need?

I know that leia and Cody needs to have SPEED + CChance primaries?

How about the other clones? Do I just dump 4x Crit damage 2x Crit chance on them?

This excites me somehow seeing the constructive responses =D
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member

In that case you need to switch from protection primaries to health primaries. Leia needs 17k health at least to survive, if you don't have her around there you can't expect anything better
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Tamonizer wrote: »
    OP HERE!!!

Ok guys! Im convinced to push through with this even if it takes a couple more months.

How about the other clones? Do I just dump 4x Crit damage 2x Crit chance on them?

For Cody Speed + CC sets with CC primary and as much speed secondary as possible, any extra CC is a bonus.

Leia needs CD and CC set with CD primary and a lot of speed secondaries and CC as well

Echo and Sarge CD and CC sets with CD primary and offense primaries on arrow and cross and for Echo CC secondaries, Sarge offense secondaries

Fives a CD and Pot set with CD primary and Potency cross, Arrow can be both offense or speed depending on how it goes and CC secondaries

In general you want Cody to be 200+ (220+ if possible) speed, Leia a bit faster to hopefully give CC up to all, for the others speed isn't that important Fives maybe around 160, the others don't need it at all. Crit chance with Leia needs to be 35-45% that means you are not in desperate need of CC primaries, if necessary you can even drop the CC triangle on Cody for a mod with better speed secondary.

If you want to run p2 with a Jawa I recommend Scavenger, then you need to switch the triangles on Fives and Echo to CC and you want the clones with 50%+ and Scav at 60%+ crit chance. I run them below that CC mostly and it's not always easy because RNG can cause 212th not to be reset
  • KeKattia wrote: »
    OP HERE!!!

For Cody Speed + CC sets with CC primary and as much speed secondary as possible, any extra CC is a bonus.

Leia needs CD and CC set with CD primary and a lot of speed secondaries and CC as well

Echo and Sarge CD and CC sets with CD primary and offense primaries on arrow and cross and for Echo CC secondaries, Sarge offense secondaries

Fives a CD and Pot set with CD primary and Potency cross, Arrow can be both offense or speed depending on how it goes and CC secondaries

In general you want Cody to be 200+ (220+ if possible) speed, Leia a bit faster to hopefully give CC up to all, for the others speed isn't that important Fives maybe around 160, the others don't need it at all. Crit chance with Leia needs to be 35-45% that means you are not in desperate need of CC primaries, if necessary you can even drop the CC triangle on Cody for a mod with better speed secondary.

If you want to run p2 with a Jawa I recommend Scavenger, then you need to switch the triangles on Fives and Echo to CC and you want the clones with 50%+ and Scav at 60%+ crit chance. I run them below that CC mostly and it's not always easy because RNG can cause 212th not to be reset

+1

thanks for the details! Im all set! Im copying this for reference.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    +1

thanks for the details! Im all set! Im copying this for reference.

No problem. For those interested in the exact mods check out my clones on swgoh.gg, the link to my profile is in the signature