Mod Packs are back but are they worth it?

I see the Mod Packs are back for another few days. I never bought them when the were first around but everyone was raving about them and begging for them to be back.

Now that they are here are they still worth it, or have the packs been "nerfed?"
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• They're atrocious now.
  • The drops are actually about the same, it's the cost that's the issue. They went up 66% so unless you have unlimited crystals, they are way worse.
  • Man...I knew that was gonna happen. 66%?!!! That's crazy.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Cost went up by 66% but you do get to pick the set. So you can get mods for challenges you can't complete.

Don't think that is worth 66% more crystals but it is a difference.
  • I bought 5 packs and the drop rate for me was about 20% for 5 dot mods. And out of that 20% only 3 of them had speed secondaries. I was able to bump 2 of them to 18 and 8 respectively. The third was 5 speed out of the gate but didn't bump up at all.

So for me, I guess it was worth it in that I got 1 amazing and 1 good mod as opposed to buying 2 of them (and assuming I had the same RNG) from the mod shop for like 3200 crystals each.

But personally other than the above, I really don't think it's that worth it, unless you're in dire need of some meh 4 or 3 dot mods just to put on some secondary or tertiary characters.