Vader's Force Crush should also Taunt

Deimos
326 posts Member
edited May 2016
Edit: necroed thread due to dev request on underperforming toons suggestions.

Aside the Imperial Guard, that has a chance to taunt when his friends get below 30% health, there's no dark side taunter. Vader as of now is gimped at max5 stars. His health pool though makes him an ideal tank, if only he could draw fire upon him.

Please give Vader the love he deserves, he's the reason we are into this mythology. What a shame he's baggage right now, or at best, GW fodder...
Post edited by Deimos on

Replies

• Vader is annoying as it is. I dont want to get in a game where he taunts, I do tons of damage getting him to a tiny bit of health, then the **** gets healed and I basically waste my turns.

I would support this if all vaders are brought down to 4 stars. Otherwise nty. The ch3@ters have him at 5 stars and at purple gear and the right lineup, he is unstoppable already.
  • Botan wrote: »
    Vader is annoying as it is. I dont want to get in a game where he taunts, I do tons of damage getting him to a tiny bit of health, then the **** gets healed and I basically waste my turns.

I would support this if all vaders are brought down to 4 stars. Otherwise nty. The ch3@ters have him at 5 stars and at purple gear and the right lineup, he is unstoppable already.

What are you talking about? Currently he is the least threatening toon in an enemy squad. I can't remember last time I saw him in arena. Definitely before top 50. All I see him is in GW.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Botan wrote: »
    Vader is annoying as it is. I dont want to get in a game where he taunts, I do tons of damage getting him to a tiny bit of health, then the **** gets healed and I basically waste my turns.

Cheaters? Every single person in this game has a legitimate shot of getting him to 5*. in other words...WHAT?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Kwynne4444
    161 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Cheaters? Every single person in this game has a legitimate shot of getting him to 5*. in other words...WHAT?

Its extremely long to get him to unlock let alone upgrading him. In my opinion anyone who isnt a big spender shouldn't have a 5* vader unless they started playing the game when it first came out and even then its extremely hard unless achievements has been your only goal
  • Kwynne4444 wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Its extremely long to get him to unlock let alone upgrading him. In my opinion anyone who isnt a big spender shouldn't have a 5* vader unless they started playing for when the game first came out

Yes, it's a long process, I unlocked mine at lvl 60 and am now at 19/65 to 5*.

The question though is, isn't there an alternative in store to get him? I mean if the only way to do it is more achievements, then he is doomed to be behind always.

I doubt there isn't a plan in store for a Vader spree. Now (or soon enough) it's Yoda. Next I am guessing Emperor Palpatine. Vader's day will come. I fear it will be overpriced episode packs.
  • Stormtrooper has a taunt.
  • Vader would force crush some of you for hating on him
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Vader is an attacker not a tank.
  • Telaan wrote: »

Cause lore-wise he is so off to a tank? I can't think of a more tank than Vader. He stopped Han's shots with his palms, he took Luke's lightsaber swing on the shoulder that just **** him off, he can lightsaber deflect... Yeah, not a tank at all. It's the armor that confused me.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »

Luminara is an attacker, not a healer.
  • Telaan wrote: »

.. And Old Daka is not support.

This is a neat game but I don't know where it's going.

Vader is fine.
  • It would add some depth to Vaders kit for sure. I'd be interested to see it. Since he can really only hit 5* it could be a cool idea.
  • At least in my leaderboard ladder, Vader is useless. Pretty much any character below 5* is useless (I say that because I have a 5* FOTP, glass cannon, but useful). I'm 52/65 shards from a 5* Vader and I intend to max his gear, abilities, and level when I do hit 65 shards. I probably still won't use him in arena battle though...unless I get Poe up in stars and use him in place of my han solo or phasma for an AoE barrage. Poe will be nerfed by then most likely. (Fyi.. I run Phasma, Dakka, FOTP, Han, and Kylo for squad arena).
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Deimos wrote: »

Cause lore-wise he is so off to a tank? I can't think of a more tank than Vader. He stopped Han's shots with his palms, he took Luke's lightsaber swing on the shoulder that just **** him off, he can lightsaber deflect... Yeah, not a tank at all. It's the armor that confused me.

Game mechanics > lore. There's a ton of toons that don't follow lore. Vader is fine the way he is. He's simply not part of the arena meta. Most toons aren't.
    BentWookie wrote: »

Vader is fine.

Yea he missed the point. Lol
  • BentWookie wrote: »

Vader is fine.

Vader is many things. Fine's not one of them.

The mob enforcer is fine.

• EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Aside the Imperial Guard, that has a chance to taunt when his friends get below 30% health, there's no dark side taunter. Vader as of now is gimped at max5 stars. His health pool though makes him an ideal tank, if only he could draw fire upon him.

Please give Vader the love he deserves, he's the reason we are into this mythology. What a shame he's baggage right now, or at best, GW fodder...

It would be interesting to see. I usually try to slaughter Vader before he can get his Force Crush off.
  • I'm in top 5 with a 4* Vader. Total team power is at 26.4K so I get attacked. I don't want him to gain a taunt. AI seems to target Vader as is and he goes down easier than you'd think with all that health. Many times before I can even get saber toss off. He will be more valuable as the dots kill once life is depleted.
  • It is odd that no Dark Side character has a reliable taunt.
  • Vader bows down to me
  • Wait for the new changes when DOT now kills
  • SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Being unable to 7* Vader makes it hard for anyone to gauge

The new dot being able to kill will probably make him more effective when the update arrives.

Vader is supposed to be bmf like mace windu

Hopefully they will rework him to be more effective since he is so hard to max 7*

For such a long journey he comes out pretty weak
  • Well I strongly believe the shard shop's new currency will be able to buy ANY character's shard. Question is, at what exchange rate?
  • Deimos
    326 posts Member
    Bump due to underperforming characters suggestion dev request.

• Its extremely long to get him to unlock let alone upgrading him. In my opinion anyone who isnt a big spender shouldn't have a 5* vader unless they started playing the game when it first came out and even then its extremely hard unless achievements has been your only goal[/quote]

I started around Christmas and have him at 5* 15 shards and that's with passing up around 6 shards from the shard shop and not going through all the achievements
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member

you bumped, necroed... how about calling out devs by name and putting EA/CG into the thread title and making this a petition?
  • MaxiPriest
    619 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Imagine, if they gave jedi knight guardian a taunt, when she did the lightsabre throwing thing... she might be the next royal guard for the light side!!!

From utterly useless to useful!! They are both guards anyway.

U saw this suggestion here first!
  • KonEl
    72 posts Member
    This is a silly idea. Force crush basically acts as a passive taunt as it is. Given that a saber toss would do substantial damage it makes you think about Vader after he uses it.
  • HUSKARL
    99 posts Member
    Vader is already a beast at 5*, the changes will come when he hits 6 and 7, probably melting everyone. But he is slow and his mitigation at 5 isn't going to be as good, he will die before he gets his main use out if he taunts. Why would you want that? Culling Blade has the most powerful hit in the game in the right setup.

Dark side taunters? Stormtrooper, RG, Gamorean Guard, though the game will no doubt release a new one at some point.
  • Deimos
    326 posts Member
    zerizut wrote: »

you bumped, necroed... how about calling out devs by name and putting EA/CG into the thread title and making this a petition?

Tempting. How about a yomoma fight on top of it?