Why are people concerned about having 5* Jedis before the event starts?

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Tomek wrote: »
    I do not know where you all found an info about this event, but if it will occure and will need 5 jedies all min 5* it will be the last day I will play this game. I have 4 jedi but i will not let anyone to make me dumb.

It is in the update notes. It will consist of 7 rounds, each one increasing the requirements - first requiring 1* jedis, second 2* and so on. At 5th round, you will unlock the character, and after 7th round, he will be 7*.
  • What is uncertain is whether it is worth it to stop current progression and switch entirely to farming Jedi characters - simply unlocking a new char at 5* won't help much, but starring all Jedis up to 7* will halt progress on current arena teams, leading to lower rewards and slower general progression.

Perhaps not much of a problem who already has all arena chars starred and geared, but for others it would be huge compromise
  • I believe with new update there will be Jedi bundles coming for all star levels at different prices.

This guy got it right.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    It is in the update notes.
    Where can I find update notes ?
    I do not see it neither in News and Announcements nor in Game Updates.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Tomek wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    It is in the update notes.
    Where can I find update notes ?
    I do not see it neither in News and Announcements nor in Game Updates.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/10013/february-release-notes/p1
  • I am guessing it will be Luke.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I perfectly fine with this as a recurring event. I see this as similar to how they based Vader to Achievements. They don't want everyone to have Yoda (err, the new character) the first day. They want people to work for him.
  • Raenas wrote: »
    I am guessing it will be Luke.

I agree. We can face him on DS. Yoda is nowhere to be found.
  • Like I said it should be an Open Event it being the first event not only jedi or only sith. As many of you know jedi have suxked since release.
  • Like I said it should be an Open Event it being the first event not only jedi or only sith. As many of you know jedi have suxked since release.

this is the 4th thread you've mentioned that , give it a rest.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Raenas wrote: »
    I am guessing it will be Luke.
    I agree. We can face him on DS. Yoda is nowhere to be found.

But we already have a Luke, so I hope for a really new char. And I guess it will be a Jedi. Did many ppl ask for Jedi Luke? But if it's him I'm cool with it also. Still, my bet goes on Yoda
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Artas wrote: »
    I don't get it, really... I have read February release notes once again and very carefully. I quote:
    "The first Battle in this Event requires five Jedi which are 1 Star or above. Completing that Battle will award Shards of the new character, and unlock Stage 2.
    Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 5 Stars.
    This Event is planned to be available for a week, and then unavailable for a number of weeks, and then available again for a week, etc. This approach will give players multiple opportunities to progress in the Event, with time in between to prepare as needed"

As far as I understand, we must have 5 Jedis which are at least 1 star before the event starts. We don't need them to be 5 star. We will need them to be 5 star Jedis to complete Stage 5 and this will not happen very soon as explained by Jesse. It will take number of weeks to reach the Stage 5 when we can activate a new character with 5 Star Jedi team. So plenty of time to star up the Jedi team. Maybe I missed something here?

I Guess the reason is because people will want to acquire that unknown character by the first week of event ends (before it goes away and comes back again after unknown period of time)

Imagine the unknown character as a OP Hero , then those who had unlocked him during the first week of event will have an upper hand advantage than those who doesn't have it yet.

Just my thoughts here, I may be wrong. B)
  • That's what I understand from the post too.

Maybe it's good to prepare the Jedi team as high star as possible just to be safe.

Another thing I am wondering is the repetitive of the event cumulative for the shard or you only claim it once as you progress in the future of the same event you don't get the shard anymore if you have already completed the stage before?
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Feng wrote: »
    I don't get it, really... I have read February release notes once again and very carefully. I quote:
    "The first Battle in this Event requires five Jedi which are 1 Star or above. Completing that Battle will award Shards of the new character, and unlock Stage 2.
    Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 5 Stars.
    This Event is planned to be available for a week, and then unavailable for a number of weeks, and then available again for a week, etc. This approach will give players multiple opportunities to progress in the Event, with time in between to prepare as needed"

As far as I understand, we must have 5 Jedis which are at least 1 star before the event starts. We don't need them to be 5 star. We will need them to be 5 star Jedis to complete Stage 5 and this will not happen very soon as explained by Jesse. It will take number of weeks to reach the Stage 5 when we can activate a new character with 5 Star Jedi team. So plenty of time to star up the Jedi team. Maybe I missed something here?

I Guess the reason is because people will want to acquire that unknown character by the first week of event ends (before it goes away and comes back again after unknown period of time)

Imagine the unknown character as a OP Hero , then those who had unlocked him during the first week of event will have an upper hand advantage than those who doesn't have it yet.

You have a point here... maybe you are right :)
  • Feng
    161 posts Member
    Feng wrote: »

You have a point here... maybe you are right :)

I hope I'm wrong with the hero being an OP hero, because most likely I won't have a team of 5* Jedis. >.<
  • Folks are trying to get a "qualifying" team for the 5* portion of the challenge up-front so they'll be able to spend all their resources during the challenge itself on actually attempting the various battles (which I'm guessing will cost energy). It would be great to be able to unlock a unique 5* hero in one fell swoop!
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • I know I'm not going to make it. The thing that also somewhat worries me is it doesn't really state what the level requirement is either. I'm assuming at this point that it would be a level 70 requirement which I am not even remotely close to.

Even if I was close to the level cap, there's just no way I'm going to be able to get 5 Jedi up to that level anyways (or close to it). I'm hurting so badly for training droids right now that I can't even level up my Kylo Ren I just unlocked to a decent level and still keep my main team at my current level cap for arena.

I am hoping the Keycard overhaul will help somewhat with this (hopefully they killed the massive energy requirements for it, though, the patch notes doesn't really mention that), but yea...a little frustrating.
  • Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Would be hilarious if the event opens with just the 1* battles and two weeks after that the 2* battles and so on.
    The forum will explode!
    Still getting my jedis to 5* though. Just reached the level cap and this is a nice new project. I like working towards a goal/
  • Yes people are preparing for the worst case scenario of the new hero being incredibly broken or have great synergy that makes him difficult to counter. Imagine a new Poe being released and you can't even farm it for a few weeks or months after the event ends.
  • Artas wrote: »

I think you're assuming that each event will only be one stage, in which case it will be at least five events until anybody can unlock the hero. This could be the case but I think the general belief is that all seven stages will be available to everyone who meets the requirements right off the hop. This means that if you have a 5* team ready to go, you'll be able to do Stage 5 and unlock the new hero on the first day. And obviously, we all want the new hero; hence the insanity.
  • Scott8819
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    At this point I have
    Lumy at 5* level 60
    Mace at 4* level 60
    JC at 4* level 61
    QGJ at 3* level 60
    Ashoka at 4* level 63
    JG at 3* level 43
    Post edited by Scott8819 on

I think the confusion is the explanation you speak of from Jesse. I don't recall him saying this would not happen very soon anywhere. I was under the impression that if you met the requirements you could have the new character on the first day of the event.
  • Because people want everything right now. No patience

It very clearly states that when you complete stage 1, stage 2 unlocks. It is pretty evident that you will then be able to do stage 2 that same week...up to the number of star jedis you have.
  • d3gauss wrote: »

It very clearly states that when you complete stage 1, stage 2 unlocks. It is pretty evident that you will then be able to do stage 2 that same week...up to the number of star jedis you have.

It unlocks, but maybe you need tickets to play the event (just like the current events). And at the start of the event period you'll get 4 tickets or something. I'm sure they will find a way not to award us a full hero in the first event :)
  • I think people are assuming that the Hero will be viable at 5*. I'm going to get 5 Jedi 3* just so I can see what this event is about so I can better decide if I want to make a Sith team or something because there will undoubtedly be an event for them.
  • d3gauss wrote: »

It unlocks, but maybe you need tickets to play the event (just like the current events). And at the start of the event period you'll get 4 tickets or something. I'm sure they will find a way not to award us a full hero in the first event :)

I'm not so sure. I think people are caught up in the "legend" part of this. Think of it this way, next week they are putting out item x. Item x will create a huge interest and income. Item x was meant to be a money maker. Jedi pack, crystal refreshes etc....this next week is all about money. If you get him at 5* you will be spending for weeks to get your Jedi up to 7* to finish him. If you are getting him at 7* you have to grind mats. If you have all 7* Jedi and gear for the new character...We'll chances are you've spent most of the money you plan on spending any way lol. Our longterm enjoyment is hardly a factor, making money is the factor. Putting the toon out has the most upside financially.
  • Zetto
    178 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Nutteralex wrote: »
    I want to make a Sith team or something because there will undoubtedly be an event for them.
    It would suck if it happens right after the Jedi event :)

• Zetto wrote: »
    Nutteralex wrote: »
    I want to make a Sith team or something because there will undoubtedly be an event for them.
    It would suck if it happens right after the Jedi event :)

Most likely will be too. I also figure I might be able to throw together a nightsister team together too. My arena shipments were just collecting cause I didn't want to go droid team and no one in there I really wanted. Going ventress will give you Sith and nightsister. I'm also unlocking eeth just to check out this event.
  • Artas
    223 posts Member

I think you're assuming that each event will only be one stage, in which case it will be at least five events until anybody can unlock the hero. This could be the case but I think the general belief is that all seven stages will be available to everyone who meets the requirements right off the hop. This means that if you have a 5* team ready to go, you'll be able to do Stage 5 and unlock the new hero on the first day. And obviously, we all want the new hero; hence the insanity.

Yes, I thought so but maybe you are right...