Why are people concerned about having 5* Jedis before the event starts?

Replies

• Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    d3gauss wrote: »
    Artas wrote: »
    I don't get it, really... I have read February release notes once again and very carefully. I quote:
    "The first Battle in this Event requires five Jedi which are 1 Star or above. Completing that Battle will award Shards of the new character, and unlock Stage 2.
    Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 5 Stars.
    This Event is planned to be available for a week, and then unavailable for a number of weeks, and then available again for a week, etc. This approach will give players multiple opportunities to progress in the Event, with time in between to prepare as needed"

As far as I understand, we must have 5 Jedis which are at least 1 star before the event starts. We don't need them to be 5 star. We will need them to be 5 star Jedis to complete Stage 5 and this will not happen very soon as explained by Jesse. It will take number of weeks to reach the Stage 5 when we can activate a new character with 5 Star Jedi team. So plenty of time to star up the Jedi team. Maybe I missed something here?

It very clearly states that when you complete stage 1, stage 2 unlocks. It is pretty evident that you will then be able to do stage 2 that same week...up to the number of star jedis you have.

If the stage 2 will be that same week or day then yes, you can clear it at once as well... but if it comes after number of weeks as Jesse mentioned?
  • Options
    You guys really think there will be a Sith event soon? Why?

There are only 5 Sith in game (Asajj isn't Sith, look at her description). Darth Maul is a Sith that's chromium only, so good luck getting him unlocked then starred up. And Darth Vader is stuck behind the achievement wall, so hard to unlock and star up and only 5* for now.
  • Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    You guys really think there will be a Sith event soon? Why?

There are only 5 Sith in game (Asajj isn't Sith, look at her description). Darth Maul is a Sith that's chromium only, so good luck getting him unlocked then starred up. And Darth Vader is stuck behind the achievement wall, so hard to unlock and star up and only 5* for now.

The patch notes said the could create any type of event that wanted meaning it doesn't have to include 5 characters. It could be 3 character even.
  • Options
    Nightsister event, scoundrel, rebel and maybe a Force Awakens event. Probably the only ones that would work like the Jedi event, only because they have enough heroes to form a team.

I would bet that they do credit, ability mats, and training droid events that are less restrictive as far as heroes who can enter. Those things are all stuff that players complain about not having enough of. I'm not sure they'd release another new hero so soon after this new hero.

They might add people to shipments but I doubt they will be new heroes either. Plenty of hard to farm, yet not chromium exclusive heroes out there.
  • Options
    @Reddplague All right, I will give you that. They could tailor the events to have more or less people, and there for have many events for different heroes being released. If they decide to drop the team limit that is, which is possible.

Barring that, I still feel like this new hero will be the only one for awhile. Hopefully I'm wrong. I'd like more diversity
  • Options
    vader kinda sucks. hopefully this jedi is better than that
  • Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    vader kinda sucks. hopefully this jedi is better than that

Most of the characters in the game are simply overlooked, as their usage and how they would fit into a team is not understood. Vader's "dot storm", combined with Sid's AoE, followed by some IG88 (who gets bonuses based on enemy negative effects) is a powerful combo. If you can then follow with Vader's saber throw to kill someone off - he gets full turn meter to go again.

He doesn't suck. Sure he's limited by * level - but with the correct synergies he can be an interesting contributor.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Most people play the game because of sith and Jedi..

Not many ppl play because they want to play with tusken raider cup ewok mob enforcer n jar jar

Even if yoda sucks people will still want to see him unlocked

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    I started this game playing Jedi only.... Most aren't great - pulled Kit even and Mace is just awful. Each Koth only good in light side battles against droids. Have my 5 7 stars ready to go though.

I would be annoyed if I couldn't at least activate the new toon before the end of first event but won't complain. But if it ends up being really difficult challenges, requiring actual strategy, then I wouldn't mind. It's the journey else you will probably get bored of this game quick.

Side note- I started getting other 7 star that are always used in arena to be competitive as it's basically required after getting into the top 100. Those 7 star Jedi are a little fat and lazy right now so this will be good for them.
  • Options
    SpeedWeed wrote: »

Not many ppl play because they want to play with tusken raider cup ewok mob enforcer n jar jar

I only play this game because of Ugnaught.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options

I only play this game because of Jar Jar.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    To the OP - you do realize your interpretation of this event format means NOBODY will be able to unlock this character for roughly five months, right?
  • Options
    I don't get it, really... I have read February release notes once again and very carefully. I quote:
    "The first Battle in this Event requires five Jedi which are 1 Star or above. Completing that Battle will award Shards of the new character, and unlock Stage 2.
    Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote the new character to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate the new character at 5 Stars.
    This Event is planned to be available for a week, and then unavailable for a number of weeks, and then available again for a week, etc. This approach will give players multiple opportunities to progress in the Event, with time in between to prepare as needed"

As far as I understand, we must have 5 Jedis which are at least 1 star before the event starts. We don't need them to be 5 star. We will need them to be 5 star Jedis to complete Stage 5 and this will not happen very soon as explained by Jesse. It will take number of weeks to reach the Stage 5 when we can activate a new character with 5 Star Jedi team. So plenty of time to star up the Jedi team. Maybe I missed something here?

The stages are all released at one time, not in different weeks. That would be really stuupiid if it took us over 2 months to get a 5* yoda. People are getting a 5* 5 jedi team to unlock yoda when the challenge comes out.
    Next time, dont assume anything and especially dont make a post when you dont know what is happening
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    It very clearly states that when you complete stage 1, stage 2 unlocks. It is pretty evident that you will then be able to do stage 2 that same week...up to the number of star jedis you have. [/quote]

If the stage 2 will be that same week or day then yes, you can clear it at once as well... but if it comes after number of weeks as Jesse mentioned? [/quote]

But Jesse didn't say that stage 2 would come a number of weeks after. He said the event would be back a number of weeks and repeating. The event will save your progress so if you finished stage 3 in the first week, you will be able to start on stage 4 if you have 5 4* jedi. If it doesn't happen that way, then it is different than what was released in the patch notes. Having 5 jedi at 5* should allow you to attempt the 5* challenge. I would guess that the event isn't going to be easy though so I don't think 5 Jedi at 5* and green gear with no abilities leveled would be able to complete it. Maybe I am wrong though.

☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    They probably want to unlock this character ASAP
    Personally at where I'm at, I won't be able to do this event even if I wanted to because I don't have 5 jedi toons and the ones I have aren't completely levelled up.
    I think they are mainly trying to attract P2W players with this one.

I'm still going to farm for Poe in the cantinas regardless so I'm not worried about this character anymore. If they brought out that Jedi pack in the store, then I would probably buy it though
  • Options

I only play this game because of Ugnaught.

Same... Ugnaught stun icons showing properly in the previous patch was the most effective change since the games release.
  • Options
    gotta catch'em all
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options

I only play this game because of Jar Jar.
    As in you play this one to avoid the ones he's in? :D
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Because everyone wants a piece of the new exclusive toon asap. Not many will get it, and those who do, will have the upper hand.

I'll try to get a 5 star full Jedi squad on time, but I see it very unlikely. Maybe I can push it and get three or four 5* Jedis. I'll try my best anyways. Seems like a fun project.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    Glad I built my Jedi team.
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Willkimm98 wrote: »

The stages are all released at one time, not in different weeks. That would be really stuupiid if it took us over 2 months to get a 5* yoda. People are getting a 5* 5 jedi team to unlock yoda when the challenge comes out.
    Next time, dont assume anything and especially dont make a post when you dont know what is happening

Next time just be more kind and if you can't discuss something in a proper manner as a human being is expected to do better stay away from discussion or answering any questions. I guess you are a 17 years old kid as see from your nick. I am more than double older than you so please don't teach me lessons. Thank you.[/quote]
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I would be surprised if Yoda can be opened when the game is so fresh... Maybe the challenge will be an extremely difficult to get him.

• Options

Next time just be more kind and if you can't discuss something in a proper manner as a human being is expected to do better stay away from discussion or answering any questions. I guess you are a 17 years old kid as see from your nick. I am more than double older than you so please don't teach me lessons. Thank you.
    [/quote]

Point aside...what does age have to do with anything? You can be 70 years old and still taught something new and relevant by a child...so he attacks you for making assumptions (justified or not) and you retaliate by putting him in his place by pointing out his age? How mature...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I would be surprised if Yoda can be opened when the game is so fresh... Maybe the challenge will be an extremely difficult to get him.

Can we stop assuming it's Yoda yet? No one has said who this mystery toon is. Presuming it's Yoda, then jumping to conclusions based on a jumped-to conclusion seems a bit premature.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Can we stop assuming it's Yoda yet? No one has said who this mystery toon is. Presuming it's Yoda, then jumping to conclusions based on a jumped-to conclusion seems a bit premature.

The hints by the devs + yoda artifacts being in the latest data files transferring in the background make it less poemature and easier to poesume that Yoda will be arriving in this upcoming patch. I do agree that he may not be the toon for this new event. For all we know, Jedi Luke could be the toon and Yoda may be offered in an exclusive pack. Another possible scenario could be that Yoda is offered in a Jedi pack to help you team up against Grevious.

Nothing wrong with people getting pumped up though!
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Wispsi wrote: »

Next time just be more kind and if you can't discuss something in a proper manner as a human being is expected to do better stay away from discussion or answering any questions. I guess you are a 17 years old kid as see from your nick. I am more than double older than you so please don't teach me lessons. Thank you.

Point aside...what does age have to do with anything? You can be 70 years old and still taught something new and relevant by a child...so he attacks you for making assumptions (justified or not) and you retaliate by putting him in his place by pointing out his age? How mature...[/quote]

...so he attacks you for making assumptions... OMG Does anybody has to be attacked for making assumptions??? This forum is really full of negative elements as somebody mentioned earlier...
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    d3gauss wrote: »

It very clearly states that when you complete stage 1, stage 2 unlocks. It is pretty evident that you will then be able to do stage 2 that same week...up to the number of star jedis you have.

It unlocks, but maybe you need tickets to play the event (just like the current events). And at the start of the event period you'll get 4 tickets or something. I'm sure they will find a way not to award us a full hero in the first event :)

Prob not because they also say that the keycards are a failed effort and are going away along with the insane energy cost for the current events. Thats changing also. I see this new jedi event more as a GW style in which you simply can go as far as you can and unlock stages as you go till u cant win or dont have access. If it cost energy, so be it, but i think its gonna be a "marathon" like GW (just my opinion but can you imagine the crybabies if it is haha, cant wait)
  • Options
    Think of how much extra money they are making this week as people scramble for Jedi. Think of how much they will make for people wanting to level and train/gear up the new toon. It will be unlockable for any who meet the requirements.
  • Options
    Because there is a new update coming out this week for those of you who didn't know
    It Will include more key card battles and yoda
  • Options
    How do you know it's Yoda?