Why are people concerned about having 5* Jedis before the event starts?

124Next

Replies

• 1. Aquire 5 7* jedi characters.
    2. Play event.
    3. Win event.
    This is the only viable stratagy. This will only work if the free character is Yoda of course.
  • It is beacuse 1.who else would it be 2. Why are they making so many strong Jedi teams
    3.it says that in ea's newest post i'm not sure will be Yoda but it has to be a Jedi
  • Thanks
  • I think the character in the event is likely to be jedi Luke that appears in the dark side mission.
  • I have a feeling that just because a 5⭐ team is required to unlock level 5 that doesn't mean a 5⭐team can win a level 5 challenge.
  • I have a feeling that just because a 5⭐ team is required to unlock level 5 that doesn't mean a 5⭐team can win a level 5 challenge.

I assume you'd be wrong tbh , it wouldn't be in their interest to do that

If it's Sith as opponents Jedi don't stand a chance. And it would be in their interest to do so. How much money can be made getting all those poor saps with 5⭐teams to get tough enough to unlock Jar Jar.

I fully expect my 6-star, moderately geared Jedi team (levels 60-65) will have at least some challenge on round 6. Otherwise, even if "Yoda" is perfectly balanced, I'd consider the event a fail. I'm giddy too for a possible Yoda (and that if successful in the event, my 6-star Yoda will be pretty viable), but honestly the challenge itself is the most important part for me.
  • Fooj
    99 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Nutteralex wrote: »
    Going ventress will give you Sith and nightsister.
    Unfortunately it will not. Ventress is not flagged as sith.
  • Sure, you can wait. But if you want the character at 7*, not 5* then it's best to start early or you might not get to the finish line by the end of the event
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    My feeling is that the new character will be highly imbalanced and I hope this isn't the case because it's these imbalanced characters that ruin the game, just look at the Poe debacle...
  • Zen
    126 posts Member
    It's not worth it for me and for most light spenders/f2p really unless Ea make these Jedi exclusive events a regular thing. I've decided to be realistic and just continue doing what I have been and not farming Jedi who won't be of any use to me in arena and gw. Anyways, no single character is totally dominant every character has a weakness that's the beauty of this game!
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    I guess we need 5 Jedi and 5stars to unlocked Stage 5?

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    How do you know it's Yoda?

The future to see I can
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Fooj wrote: »
    Nutteralex wrote: »
    Going ventress will give you Sith and nightsister.
    Unfortunately it will not. Ventress is not flagged as sith.

Main reason being because she is not one. Only two Sith can exist, a Master and an Apprentice. Sidious was the Máster, Dooku was the Apprentice. Ventress was a dark force user, like other Nightsisters, but not a Sith.

Why Oppress is labeled as Sith, I have no clue.
  • I think a lot of people are underestimating another problem they may face when the challenge is released. Can you only use those 5 5* jedi in the challenge and nothign else? If so, you may need to get those 5 jedi to lvl 70 with decent gear to still be able to do the challenges. And that is impossible unless you already have a jedi team since the credit cost is insustainable.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    I'm thinking yoga better be worth the resources I'm about to pump into a jedi team or whoever it's going to be.

Yogurt!
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I think this event is great for all parties involved.
    1. The community comes together to help each other achieve this lofty goal.
    2. Rewards those who have spent a great deal on the game.
    3. Entices people to spend money to obtain the required characters.
    4. Gives us something to work for.

My opinion may me a bit skewed because I already had 4 jedi at high stars. With 12k arena tokens, it's just a matter of obtaining all 4 shipments for eeth koth per day...I've even been refreshing arena shipments just to be sure.
  • I'm lucky and will probably have enough 5* Jedi to at least unlock the new character. I'll wait to see how he is and push to 7* if it's good.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    This is a reacurring avent, so those who can't make it the first time around, can draw intelligence feedback from those who makes it the first time, and can avoid he same mistakes in toon selection, as there are 12 jedi in the game(3 cromium only)
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    This is a reacurring avent, so those who can't make it the first time around, can draw intelligence feedback from those who makes it the first time, and can avoid he same mistakes in toon selection, as there are 12 jedi in the game(3 cromium only)

Thank you for reminding us of this. Many are complaining "LUDICROUS ... RIDICULOUS... HOW WILL WE EVER GET 5X 7 STAR JEDI BY NEXT WEEK. OBV THIS EVENT IS MEANT FOR WHALES". People keep forgetting that:

1). This particular event will be returning

2). Your progress will be saved so you don't need to start it over when it returns
  • Getting 5 Jedi's to participate the challenge? Yes very possible.
    Getting 5 Jedi's to 5 stars? 145 shards per Jedi that you currently don't have, very difficult if the challenge begins next week.
    The credit and training droids to level them to level 6x? Most likely you are short on that.
    Lastly, enough ability material MK III, to bring all Jedi's ability to level 6? Impossible.

All above being said, even if you have 5x 5* Jedi's at max player level, purple gear, and max ability level, is it guaranteed that you can beat the challenge? I don't know. Apparently some people can't even clear GW everyday. What made you think this challenge to unlock an exclusive mystery hero will be easier than GW?
  • I don't think I've ever come across a more entitled group of whiners in my life. EA adds new content and a new character to work towards, and people are complaining about it? Even threatening to quit over it? Get over yourselves. I'm completely f2p, I don't have 5 Jedi, and I certainly don't have 5x 5* Jedi. But guess what? I'm excited about the new content, and I'm excited about getting a new toon to work towards. And so should all of you be. So what if you don't have the required toons to unlock the new character right now? You'll have your chance to do it in the not too distant future. So shut up and play the game. Or go away and cry about how those meanies at EA didn't give you a free toon.
  • I've got 3 Jedi of note...and Plo Koon. I am ages away from getting anyone other than Guardian or Ahsoka. I don't want to throw my limited Cantina tokens at either of them. Plo Koon doesn't seem worth putting a bunch of resources into. Maybe next time.
  • Five 5* Jedi to start the event would help ensure unlocking the secret character the first week and gain some advantage over others that have not unlocked the character.