General Grievous - Rework suggestion

I know, I know. Lots of threads on reworking GG. But there should be; he's by far the most difficult character to get, and really isn't all that powerful. At one point, sure; but newer meta toons far outclass him. I don't think he needs to be more more available than he is, but he needs to be more worth it.

So, here are my thoughts. Comments welcome.

Primary

8566 Power
767 Strength (5.4)
1125 Agility (8.1)
564 Intelligence (4.5)

Offensive

119 Speed
2689 Physical Damage
717 Physical Critical Rating
1353 Special Damage
10 Special Critical Rating
105 Armor Penetration
0 Resistance Penetration
26% Potency

Defensive

19041 Health
212 Armor
108 Resistance
30% Tenacity
5% Health Steal
19,164 Protection

Furious Assault: Deal physical damage to target enemy. This attack cannot be evaded or resisted. Grievous has a 55% chance to attack again, doing 25% less damage; if the target is a Jedi, he has a 100% chance to attack again and does full damage. If IG-100 is present, 40% chance he will assist.

Grievous Wounds: Deal physical damage to all enemies with a 65% chance to inflict health down and healing immunity for 1 turn. If the target is a Jedi, these effects cannot be resisted.

Sinister Laugh: Inflict buff immunity on all enemies for two turns, with a 75% chance to remove 50% turn meter. If the target is a Jedi, turn meter removal is 100% chance.

Daunting Presence: -20% critical chance and -20% critical damage to all enemies. Zeta: +20% critical chance and +20% critical damage to all droid or separatist allies; half that for all others.

Tactical Retreat: Grievous has +10% maximum health for each droid ally he enters battle with. In addition, whenever he falls below 50% health, he dispells all negative effects on himself, gaining 10% turn meter for each effect dispelled this way. Also, he can choose a team mate to taunt for him if none are taunting at that point, and any team mate selected will gain 100% turn meter and offense up for 1 turn.

So the build here gives him 2k more health and protection to make him more durable, and 10 points of speed so he isn't so ludicrously slow. He gets a modest (5%) buff in potency to help stick debuffs, and has a basic attack reminiscent of what he has in the tank raid, with a good chance of attacking twice and the opportunity to call an assist if the magna droid is there. His kit is more anti-jedi, which it should be, and gives him more debuffs than before. And, when he gets down to 50% less health he gets something more for it than a random taunt; he can choose who does it, and they'll get to go immediately and get a damage buff.

Replies

• I would even add, so the AI is not stupid - when below 50% puts taunt up on any existing tanks in battle, if none are then it will do its random thing as now. What you say its great, we get to choose, but don't forget the AI on defense will be stupid and still be bad choices, so best to narrow that down to prevent that.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    i'm starting to actually pay attention to these rework GG discussions because i just unlocked him the other day. i farmed him completely from fleet shipments.

it's still too early for me to tell his potential. he's 4* g8 level 82 and maxed abilities and still needs 3 mods for me. once i get him completely trained and modded and more gear i'll be able to tell more.

i know he won't be my power house i already have one of those. but i'm looking to see if i can use in cantina, darkside nodes and GW.
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    +1
  • Not bad needs a way better leader ability tho.
  • I have him at 6 stars, 80/100 on the way to 7. Level 85, good mods, maxed abilites, gear 10. He's...okay. The problems I find with him are:

1: too slow and too fragile, even on a droid team
    2: his basic is great; hits like a truck and never misses. But his other abilities are only effective if he sticks his debuffs, and since those are not irresistible attacks, you can often find him doing his group attacks and not debuffing any target.
    3: His force a taunt is totally random and will often force the worst possible choice, like a strong attacker with low health.

Giving him extra attacks and some more durability helps, and letting him choose who to taunt for him helps as well. And giving IG100 an assist at least gives you a reason to use that toon and gives GG some special "feel" that he really should have based on how he's portrayed.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    @Treadhead2017
    thanks for the comment on him. that will help me decide how much i want to work him up.
  • TuncBlack
    407 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    General grievous Zeta ability should be.
    Whenever GG kill one enemy.

He should gain a random attack ability from the dead enemy. (Can use it at battle)

For example
    GG kill zeta maul. He gain his leader ability to his droid allies. If there is.

GG kill rex, he gain rex tenacity up.

GG kill nihilus. He gain annihilate and can use it immediatly without wait 8 turn.

Maybe this can be his zeta abiity...

As he kill jedi and take thir weapon at starwars series...
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    i'm only familiar with him from episode 3 and reading his bio. so that's what i will compare him too.

and in my opinion he wasn't that bad @ **** i didn't think. better than mediocre but i wouldn't expect him to perform as yoda EP vader or the like.
  • spotremix wrote: »
    i'm only familiar with him from episode 3 and reading his bio. so that's what i will compare him too.

and in my opinion he wasn't that bad @ **** i didn't think. better than mediocre but i wouldn't expect him to perform as yoda EP vader or the like.

Mace windu himself said the only Jedi who could defeat greivous was obi wan due to his mastery in soresu, which would match up best against GG's relentless speed.
  • I like the IG-100 synergy.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    spotremix wrote: »

Mace windu himself said the only Jedi who could defeat greivous was obi wan due to his mastery in soresu, which would match up best against GG's relentless speed.

I can't remember, did Mace actually say that or was it just implied when he disregarded Anakin in favor of Obi-Wan for the mission.
  • I like this rework idea, but I don't think his lead is very good, especially the zeta.
  • Can we remove the "droid" label, too? ...Vader is "more machine now than man" so, either Vader is a Droid, or Grevious is not
  • knightcode wrote: »
    Can we remove the "droid" label, too? ...Vader is "more machine now than man" so, either Vader is a Droid, or Grevious is not

Well Vader at least has his body and stumps for arms and legs. Grievous is a head and a sac of organs inside armor plating lol
  • knightcode wrote: »
    Can we remove the "droid" label, too? ...Vader is "more machine now than man" so, either Vader is a Droid, or Grevious is not

How about no.
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    knightcode wrote: »

If thats the case, then change kylo to a sith
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Aside from the newer characters that are only available in chromium packs, GG is one of the hardest characters to unlock (don't even get me started on leveling him up). So far I've had decent luck with finding his shards in the ship shipments though... I am very baffled as to why such a difficult character to unlock is a useless mess in battle. Should be the other way around!!
  • C'mon cg. Most requested rework right here.
  • I'm 10 shards away from unlocking him,still a long ways from leveling hm so I'm patient.
  • I know, I know. Lots of threads on reworking GG. But there should be; he's by far the most difficult character to get, and really isn't all that powerful. At one point, sure; but newer meta toons far outclass him. I don't think he needs to be more more available than he is, but he needs to be more worth it.

So, here are my thoughts. Comments welcome.

Primary

8566 Power
    767 Strength (5.4)
    1125 Agility (8.1)
    564 Intelligence (4.5)

Offensive

119 Speed
    2689 Physical Damage
    717 Physical Critical Rating
    1353 Special Damage
    10 Special Critical Rating
    105 Armor Penetration
    0 Resistance Penetration
    26% Potency

Defensive

19041 Health
    212 Armor
    108 Resistance
    30% Tenacity
    5% Health Steal
    19,164 Protection

Furious Assault: Deal physical damage to target enemy. This attack cannot be evaded or resisted. Grievous has a 55% chance to attack again, doing 25% less damage; if the target is a Jedi, he has a 100% chance to attack again and does full damage. If IG-100 is present, 40% chance he will assist.

Grievous Wounds: Deal physical damage to all enemies with a 65% chance to inflict health down and healing immunity for 1 turn. If the target is a Jedi, these effects cannot be resisted.

Sinister Laugh: Inflict buff immunity on all enemies for two turns, with a 75% chance to remove 50% turn meter. If the target is a Jedi, turn meter removal is 100% chance.

Daunting Presence: -20% critical chance and -20% critical damage to all enemies. Zeta: +20% critical chance and +20% critical damage to all droid or separatist allies; half that for all others.

Tactical Retreat: Grievous has +10% maximum health for each droid ally he enters battle with. In addition, whenever he falls below 50% health, he dispells all negative effects on himself, gaining 10% turn meter for each effect dispelled this way. Also, he can choose a team mate to taunt for him if none are taunting at that point, and any team mate selected will gain 100% turn meter and offense up for 1 turn.

So the build here gives him 2k more health and protection to make him more durable, and 10 points of speed so he isn't so ludicrously slow. He gets a modest (5%) buff in potency to help stick debuffs, and has a basic attack reminiscent of what he has in the tank raid, with a good chance of attacking twice and the opportunity to call an assist if the magna droid is there. His kit is more anti-jedi, which it should be, and gives him more debuffs than before. And, when he gets down to 50% less health he gets something more for it than a random taunt; he can choose who does it, and they'll get to go immediately and get a damage buff.

I noticed that you did not include a zeta for his unique. A cool zeta could be that General Grevious cannot be countered. This would make his basic extra deadly as it cannot be evaded, countered, or resisted. This would also make GG to be the first (that I am aware of) to have an AOE that cannot be countered which would be especially useful when attacking a full team of toons that can counter (such as Ima Gun Di or Gar Saxon lead). Just a thought :)
  • This rework wouldnt make him any good or help droids in any way... So whats the point?
  • This rework wouldnt make him any good or help droids in any way... So whats the point?

Not every character has to have abilities that help others (aside from his leadership ability, which will help his entire team). Grievous is a selfish character who routinely sacrifices his "help" to get away or achieve his goals. "Helping" other characters isn't exactly his shtick. So the point of his rework is to make him a more effective toon; I think this does. His basic is pretty brutal already, so allowing him to use it twice is pretty nasty...never mind calling an assist. He has lots of debuffs, some that can't be resisted. And he'll have more health, protection and speed.

What exactly would you want his do to do "help" droids? I mean, it'd be pretty hard to give him a leadership ability better than HK's is, so what do you suggest?