I'm now convinced we are being super trolled.

Prev13
No Clone helmets. No Sabine helmet. And from the looks of it, no Saxon helmet...and it literally shows him wearing it in the event banner. SMH

I looked at his character model and he's HOLDING it. REALLY?!

Granted, I haven't seen him in battle so maybe he wears it (please Zeus!) but I'm guessing not.

However, if he is wearing it, maybe this could be the work around for the clones and Sabine: show their faces while viewing the character with them holding the helmet, and have them wear it during battle.

Though I'd rather then just always have it on.

Side note: we will now have 4 Mandalorians. Almost time for that tag to appear, methinks.
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• Id assume he starts the battle by putting it on.

Sort of like how Jedi sith ignite thier sabers
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I don't care about helmets.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Oh, cool! Is this thread where we request outfits?
    Can we have Leia with her hood up? Old Ben too - after all, he died hood up. And Wedge and Biggs with helmets too, please. Darth Maul hood up as well. And K2SO in a bikini please. And maybe, if you don't want to do Leia hood up, perhaps we can at least get her hair styled like in the medal ceremony at the end of Ep 4. Cool.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Can we have Leia with her hood up? Old Ben too - after all, he died hood up. And Wedge and Biggs with helmets too, please. Darth Maul hood up as well. And K2SO in a bikini please. And maybe, if you don't want to do Leia hood up, perhaps we can at least get her hair styled like in the medal ceremony at the end of Ep 4. Cool.

More skins would be nice
  • Shapelesscrabb
    159 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    We are always being trolled by EA haha. Other than that big quality of life update (which was awesome), I see just about zero correlation between what the players ask for and what the devs give us. It's quickly becoming a dead monetized horse of a game, yet I still can't seem to put it down.
    Let's be honest, if you had to deal with all the complaints and hate on these forums, would you still care to please people after 1.5 years?

Also, the revenue estimate for SWGOH is $86.6k per day, and if working for EA is like working for any other business, corporate greed has taken over. the devs are probably constantly hassled by EA and overworked/made to disregard the things we ask for. Just the sad truth of these games. They all turn to full-on cash grabs eventually
  • We are always being trolled by EA haha. Other than that big quality of life update (which was awesome), I see just about zero correlation between what the players ask for and what the devs give us. It's quickly becoming a dead monetized horse of a game, yet I still can't seem to put it down.
    Let's be honest, if you had to deal with all the complaints and hate on these forums, would you still care to please people after 1.5 years?

Also, the revenue estimate for SWGOH is $86.6k per day, and if working for EA is like working for any other business, corporate greed has taken over. the devs are probably constantly hassled by EA and overworked/made to disregard the things we ask for. Just the sad truth of these games. They all turn to full-on cash grabs eventually

Sadly the 86.6k per day in revenue is only for the Apple store. You'd probably need to at least double the figure to include Android.
  • The reason clones don't wear helmets is because the licensing contract with the actors explicitly forbids it. They want their face time.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    While I agree Sabine should have had her helmet on like a true Mando, it's really not that big of a deal to me. Maybe her lack of helmet is why she's blaster/darksaber only? Boba has his helmet so he can use his other toys. Well, 2 of the 20 or so.

I'm going to assume Saxon is displayed holding his helm and actually wearing it in battle.
    Maybe if well received they'll change up the clones to do the same. It doesn't bother me, but those threads never seem to stop either.

HAHA! ROFPWL! Rolling on the floor puking while laughing!
  • Klocko wrote: »
    , but those threads never seem to stop either.

These pro-clone helmet threads are always by the same people (8-9 according to another thread created today)
  • Grpeephole303
    1076 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Klocko wrote: »
    , but those threads never seem to stop either.

These pro-clone helmet threads are always by the same people (8-9 according to another thread created today)

Incorrect, they are made by plenty, we just have 8 or 9 active pro helmet users on the forum who jump in and agree.

I am one of them..... then again EA did let stormtroopers take helmets of in Battlefront for a good year
  • Jump all you want, this is stupid and unneeded accessory. Literally nobody beside you and your other 20-30 friends care about the Clones having helmets, as it's pointless. No it does not look better, it looks the same.
  • I'm also hoping that clones get helmets. I'm always reading the forums but I rarely sign in because the way my phone and email are set up it's a hassle. I decided this post was important enough to sign in for. Clones look ridiculous without their helmets, and look so cool with them. The argument that echo and fives would look to similar is terrible because they are already identical save for the goatee. There's more than just the red dot to distinguish them, their designs are different, and rex is different enough. Kylo wears his helmet, boba wears his, and they wear them because they look awesome. Sorry for the long post but I've read all these helmet posts without contributing and I finally got around to it and decided to let it all out
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    #LetSargeTakeHisHelmetOf
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jump all you want, this is **** and unneeded accessory. Literally nobody beside you and your other 20-30 friends care about the Clones having helmets, as it's pointless. No it does not look better, it looks the same.

Yess!!! We don't care about helmets
  • Moicaliss wrote: »
    Jump all you want, this is **** and unneeded accessory. Literally nobody beside you and your other 20-30 friends care about the Clones having helmets, as it's pointless. No it does not look better, it looks the same.

If you don't care then why not let the people that do care ask for it?
    Jump all you want, this is **** and unneeded accessory. Literally nobody beside you and your other 20-30 friends care about the Clones having helmets, as it's pointless. No it does not look better, it looks the same.

Because we are tired of the 10000 threads about it. You and your friend create a new post about **** helmets everyday and i'm really really tired of it.
    518 posts Member
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I don't care about helmets.

Sounds familiar to me, is there some Echo ?
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nice, I would like to have all female characters in nude outfit! If they do that I would even take the drawback with Daka xD

At this point I would also request a zoom function during battle.
  • leef wrote: »
    #LetSargeTakeHisHelmetOf

Lets create a couple threads a day in support of this!

Cause there seems to be like 3 new topics regarding this per day...
    There must be more pro-clone-helmet threads than ventress soth/bh tag + kylo sith tag topics combined
    Moicaliss wrote: »

Because we are tired of the 10000 threads about it. You and your friend create a new post about **** helmets everyday and i'm really really tired of it.

I've never made a post about it but ok

More skins would be nice

My brutha!!! Gimme some skin, dawg.
  • If the actors want "their face time" then they can have it like Saxon here, holding the helmet in the select screen. The helmet(s) make sense in battle.

I truly hope Saxon wears it in battle.

If Sabine had her helmet I would've spent money on star-ing and leveling her up. Same with Clones. Their helmets are more distinguishable than their IDENTICAL faces. The only shards I have from Clones are just by happenstance. There has been no actual farming.

Besides, all these helmets look cool.

Looks matter.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    No Clone helmets. No Sabine helmet. And from the looks of it, no Saxon helmet...and it literally shows him wearing it in the event banner. SMH

Granted, I haven't seen him in battle so maybe he wears it (please Zeus!) but I'm guessing not.

However, if he is wearing it, maybe this could be the work around for the clones and Sabine: show their faces while viewing the character with them holding the helmet, and have them wear it during battle.

Side note: we will now have 4 Mandalorians. Almost time for that tag to appear, methinks.

This post only proves that you need to put your **** helmet back on...
  • Lebronaims wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

This post only proves that you need to put your **** helmet back on...

???
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If the actors want "their face time" then they can have it like Saxon here, holding the helmet in the select screen. The helmet(s) make sense in battle.

If Sabine had her helmet I would've spent money on star-ing and leveling her up. Same with Clones. Their helmets are more distinguishable than their IDENTICAL faces. The only shards I have from Clones are just by happenstance. There has been no actual farming.

Looks matter.

So you would have spent money on clones, but because they don't have their helmets on you're not even farming them for free. I have a hard time believing that is actually true. That's the beauty of the phrase "would have" i guess, you can whatever you want because we will never know if you actually "would have".
  • leef wrote: »
    If the actors want "their face time" then they can have it like Saxon here, holding the helmet in the select screen. The helmet(s) make sense in battle.

Looks matter.

So you would have spent money on clones, but because they don't have their helmets on you're not even farming them for free. I have a hard time believing that is actually true. That's the beauty of the phrase "would have" i guess, you can whatever you want because we will never know if you actually "would have".

I'm not, actually. I have them, yes. NONE are even close to 7-star. Any shards I have from them have been purely because I was farming someting on their node. or I got them in character packs.

But ZERO active farming. I've been playing since launch and have not one maxed clone.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Looks matter.

I'm not, actually. I have them, yes. NONE are even close to 7-star. Any shards I have from them have been purely because I was farming someting on their node. or I got them in character packs.

But ZERO active farming. I've been playing since launch and have not one maxed clone.

And thats because of helmets?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Looks matter.

And thats because of helmets?

yea, but if they had their helmets on you would have spent money to get them.