Change to Challenges Please

Has there been any word to a change in the daily challenges? (I'm talking about the ones at the table with Plo Koon sitting there?)
More specifically about the attacker/support/tank ones, we need to change what gear drops from there. I'm not asking for more gear or better, I'm asking for a change to different gear of the same quality. Something different, Its sux having to farm low level quality gear on easy spending a whole bunch of energy when I have stacks of 500+ of another type just chilling out. If they could cycle them monthly or quarterly to encompass all gear that can be obtained via level grinding that'd be amazing, and it shouldn't cause gear inflation as there would still be gear out there only obtainable via raids.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Replies

• Just some food for thought in case a developer peeks at the forums. I know they don't even read the forums, but I can dream....
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Tedbeast wrote: »
    Has there been any word to a change in the daily challenges? (I'm talking about the ones at the table with Plo Koon sitting there?)
    More specifically about the attacker/support/tank ones, we need to change what gear drops from there. I'm not asking for more gear or better, I'm asking for a change to different gear of the same quality. Something different, Its sux having to farm low level quality gear on easy spending a whole bunch of energy when I have stacks of 500+ of another type just chilling out. If they could cycle them monthly or quarterly to encompass all gear that can be obtained via level grinding that'd be amazing, and it shouldn't cause gear inflation as there would still be gear out there only obtainable via raids.

Hahah.
  • It'll extend a tier when the cap is raised. Be patient my friend.
  • I don't want it extended, I want different gear. Like Mk3 Sienar Holo Projector Salvage for example. im so sick of farming that and yet it's holding up my secondary teams for raids, cuz my energy all goes to farming gear for my primary arena team.
  • I need literally 15 million of the darn Purple keyboards, so I don't want to lose those from the challenges. In fact, I don't see what would hurt the game about consistently getting 30ish salvage per day/ 6 per attempt from the STR challenge. I'm top tier on challenges (but not yet level85), and some days I still get 15 keyboards, 3/attempt! We have to have more keyboards. Seriously.

The next most common thing holding me back is the Mk3 Holo Projector, like Tedbeast said. Why do they make this such a common requirement but not have it in a challenge? Why are there things in the TAC challenge that are completely irrelevant to most characters?

I'd be okay with not having the Mk3 Holo Projector rotated into the challenge rewards IF we got a shop to swap gear. 5 purple salvage for 1 purple salvage of another type, or 5 blue salvage for one purple of the same type (5 Mk2 Blue HoloProjectors get you 1 Mk3 Purple Holo Projector, but if you want a purple keyboard, you have to use 25 Blue Holo Projectors to get 5 Purple Holo Projectors to get 1 Purple Keyboard). If we don't have gear-swapping, Mk3 Purple Holo Projector should definitely be a reward in challenges - probably in the TAC challenge since TAC gear is practically worthless right now.
  • This would be great for those of us who've been around for a while, I usually skip most my challenges. Give me something useful!
  • You must realize that the original devs are all gone now. Corperate.we have been around longer now
  • Tedbeast wrote: »
    I don't want it extended, I want different gear. Like Mk3 Sienar Holo Projector Salvage for example. im so sick of farming that and yet it's holding up my secondary teams for raids, cuz my energy all goes to farming gear for my primary arena team.

I hear ya. Two of the Challenges each have 1 piece I still need but I have over 1000 of some of the others.