New toons, new meta?

So, Gar Saxon's lead looks insane. The main issue with current meta will be zaul with his daze of course. What do you think, will new empire team beat zauls with cleanser? A team like Saxon lead, tfp, palp, RG(Shore,baze?), rex/yoda/chirrut. It seems to me that with tenacity up it will be hard to deal with this guys - counters all the times with Saxon assisting on each toon's counter

Replies

• In their current state, these guys are not changing the meta. I love the new characters rolling in all the time. But this leadership isnt going to change much. Empire already has amazing leadership choices.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    I'm guessing gar will assist counters as well, but yeah, daze kinda ruins that.
  • Odin_Noah wrote: »
    In their current state, these guys are not changing the meta. I love the new characters rolling in all the time. But this leadership isnt going to change much. Empire already has amazing leadership choices.

They have. But they all are kind of weak against zauls, no? Also they fail on defense to jedi
  • Odin_Noah
    230 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Lossberg wrote: »
    Odin_Noah wrote: »
    In their current state, these guys are not changing the meta. I love the new characters rolling in all the time. But this leadership isnt going to change much. Empire already has amazing leadership choices.

They have. But they all are kind of weak against zauls, no? Also they fail on defense to jedi

Palpatine and Vader are very good empire leads. Vader is one of the few leads that can exist in top 20 arena. Considering a game with over a hundred characters, Empire is doing good. Perhaps you feel like Nightsisters, Ewoks, Geonosians and Tuskens have better leaderships??

Ok you know what, go ahead and use Gar Lead. your right, he looks amazing.
  • Odin_Noah wrote: »
    Lossberg wrote: »
    Odin_Noah wrote: »

Palpatine and Vader are very good empire leads. Vader is one of the few leads that can exist in top 20 arena. Considering a game with over a hundred characters, Empire is doing good. Perhaps you feel like Nightsisters, Ewoks, Geonosians and Tuskens have better leaderships??
    No, they are not better for sure.

What I am saying that Saxon's leadership maybe stronger than these 2. Also that he has a potential to fight zaul and to hold well on defense - as both vader and Palpatine aren't so good on defense
  • Daze > counter, so Zaul wins. :smile:
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Daze > counter, so Zaul wins. :smile:

That's why I suggested to put rex as cleanser and tenacity up
  • Loseberg hate to say it but his leadership will be a stretch to use at best.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Untit today I haven't seen Maul goes first to inflict his aoe daze and I run one of the 2 Top 10/20 Zadersquads left in an Zaul-infestet Dec 15 Shard. This could hapend only, if Sith Assassin is part of the Zaul squad. Normaly Toons like Sid or EP go first and it could be dangerous for them to deal with up to 11 counters (2 counterattacks from Supercommando + 2 assists Gar, 3x (1 counterattack +1 assist Gar) and 1 counter from Gar) if they use AOE attacks.

Sure this is all RNG but it reads like fun. ^^
    Post edited by GA_Phoenix on
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Hmm maybe this is where tenacity mods could start being more useful when it comes to AoE counters. Tenacity mods might not be useful individually, but on a whole group, they might save an extra guy from getting stunned or dazed, allowing extra counters+assists.
  • Between applying daze and dodging the counters (and everything else), my bet is zaul will be the meta for quite some time.
  • Can i just say that stealthed characters never get countered?
    So yeah the leader ability is cool and all but its not going to beat Zaul in arena
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Yeah true, noticed that earlier. My dooku didn't counter stealthed leia even though she was the last character left and targetable. So even if they're targetable, you still won't counter them.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Arena is not only Maul. Only Maul can AoE daze and he's not offen used in a team where he's not leader. My shard has a lot of non-Maul teams in the top 50 and Gar as leader can fit well, even against Vader or EP's lead.

Depends on the shards, but Gar, ISC, ShT, DT and Krennic could easily be top 10.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    This ist true but Sith under Maul lead lose their stealth when they attack so counter should work.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    If the counter crits and triggers stealth, will Gar still assist?
  • Olga wrote: »
    If the counter crits and triggers stealth, will Gar still assist?

95% that yes. When aayla crits (or qgj) ally is still assisting. The only thing that stealth prevents in counter if you are still stealthed - this works with Leia, Teebo, etc...
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    This should work. I think it's the same like the assists from GK "Lead the Charge". Even Kenobi hits critical all buffed allies attack the stealthed Sith.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Kind of interested to see how it turns out now.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Next meta changer will be Jedi Luke whose leader or unique will eat Zader and Zaul teams alive. Just wait.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    Next meta changer will be Jedi Luke whose leader or unique will eat Zader and Zaul teams alive. Just wait.
    As the one who runs jedi team I really hope for it.

P.S. Maybe I did not put it correct - I don't mean that meta will switch to Saxon, I just mean that he may compete well with current meta
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Can i just say that stealthed characters never get countered?
    So yeah the leader ability is cool and all but its not going to beat Zaul in arena

See this
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    This ist true but Sith under Maul lead lose their stealth when they attack so counter should work.