I'm just throwing this out there, guys:

The current call-to-arms here in the forums is as we all know - Poe.

Well, more than one person has already suggested that a high health team designed to survive the first two turns works quite well against the glass cannon setup. Also, consider this:

Stormtrooper Han's speed at highest gear level = 121
Admiral Ackbar's leader bonus at 6 = +23 speed and 10% tenacity to all rebel allies.

That puts Han in the same turn as Poe, and I think we can all agree that if speed were taken out of the equation that Han is a much more powerful tank. There are options out there to challenge the current meta, people just need to put their minds and efforts toward hashing them out.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I believe I read somewhere in these forums that speed-based leadership bonuses don't kick in until after turn 1. Verification or rebuttal would be good on this point.

I also had been thinking that Han - another turn meter manipulating tank might help in this regard.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Verified. It's not a counter.
  • Telaan wrote: »

I haven't heard about this. Can you link me the verification or point me in the right direction? Speed leadership not activating at the beginning of a fight is pretty impactful.
  • my team is sort of an anti-poe team

quigon is the leader, so when poe inevitably taunts, I use humbling blow on him which removes his taunt and gives my allies offense up for 2 turns (by this point my team is almost dead because my opponents entire team gets to go first obviously because of poe) thats where JC and Luminara come in, I use both their heals to get my toons back to full health, then its on with Leia and FOTP doing crit damage (and QGJ using his move that calls an assist is even better when he triggers Leia or FOTP as the assist)

this team has served me very well against Poe teams, I know defensively it has its flaws though when controlled by the AI
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »

I haven't heard about this. Can you link me the verification or point me in the right direction? Speed leadership not activating at the beginning of a fight is pretty impactful.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/434nlk/inconsistencies_are_speed_increasing_leadership/

This only impacts arena. Bonuses work correctly elsewhere.
  • Is there anybody in the game that gives speed to all allies as a leader ability?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    QGJ at level 82. Nothing currently.
  • JohnnyMakeBelieve
    204 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I really don't understand that part, especially because it already is randomized

That's partly why we only see Poe teams, because of speed, so make leadership abilities work and I'm sure some people will start working on Ackbar-Han, and whatever others that would synergize and make them Speed viable for Arena, because of how important turn 1 is, they see no competitive play whatsoever

That would make QGJ a problem in the 80 patch tho, so they'd have to turn that level 8 that gives it to all into only Jedi tho
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    It's randomized within their "tiers". As in its random who goes first 143+ for example.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    It's randomized within their "tiers". As in its random who goes first 143+ for example.

I know that, that's exactly what I mean!

Make more characters in the same bracket, why should Dooku take 2 turns before Ahsoka takes 1?? Lol

That's a big part of the lack of diversity problem, turn 1 is currently the most important part of PVP, that's why Poe + DPS is the meta

Making speed leader ability would only widen the randomization of the roster, instead of only 3-4 characters, maybe it would be 7-8 that would be tied therefore Synergy would have much more of an impact then right now
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Probably not. People would just use the most effective speed leader with Poe.
  • Hmmm, the dev in that reddit thread stated that first turn speed is randomized in arena fights and speeds and modifiers kick in after that, but that doesn't seem to be the case to me.

I use a droid squad at the moment, and without fail my first two characters to act are Poe and Poggle, in that order. His brief explanation doesn't seem to line up with my own experiences in-game.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    What's your full team? Either way, it explains why Sidious, Poe, Dooku, etc are all capable of going first despite having different speeds.
  • Wouldn't it be possible to simply stack a "143+" team - and hope enough of them go first to take down Poe before he gets his tuant-on? (pun intended)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • At the moment I'm using Poggle (lead), Poe, IG88, IG86, and GS. Always with this setup Poe is first, then either GS or Poggle.

The past couple weeks I was using HK (lead), IG88, IG86, Poe, and Poggle. With this setup the popo twins would always go first.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what the dev meant in that thread. It sure would be nice to get specific information on the matter.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be possible to simply stack a "143+" team - and hope enough of them go first to take down Poe before he gets his tuant-on? (pun intended)

Yes. @EwokRampage made a thread about this recently I believe. The only problem is that you depend on RNG too heavily. If the opposing Poe goes first than it doesn't matter that your team is all 143+.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    At the moment I'm using Poggle (lead), Poe, IG88, IG86, and GS. Always with this setup Poe is first, then either GS or Poggle.

The past couple weeks I was using HK (lead), IG88, IG86, Poe, and Poggle. With this setup the popo twins would always go first.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what the dev meant in that thread. It sure would be nice to get specific information on the matter.

That's because Poe is t7 with 143 speed and Poggle is t8 with 142.