Nihilus drain force not wai?

So just had a battle in arena. I used DN's drain force and over 4/5 toons it showed there cooldowns were increased above them. But then Boba was able to use his AoE followed by EP using his heal. Believe I've noticed this multiple times recently but haven't paid enough attention till now. Anyone else notice this? I'm going to pay attention the next few battles and see what happens.

Replies

  • Did you try reading the description on the ability? The odds to increase cooldowns is only 50%, doubled for debuffed enemies.
  • Maybe the CD increase is per special abilities and not per characters. And you increased the CD of Boba's execute, and Palpatine's stun.
  • scuba
    12138 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Everytime it is used against me and shows CD increased they are actually increased.
    Must be the AI advantage, we all know the AI gets super advantages and things don't work the same against them. Any other explanation or possibility is just poodo. ;)
  • Vertigo
    4352 posts Member
    Are you sure you didn't have them stunned when you increased their cooldowns? If they're stunned and near 100% TM when they have their cooldowns increased by 1, the next time they actually get to use any ability they'll be able to use special abilities because the stun counts as 1 turn and uses up the 1 turn cooldown increase.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    It only increases 1 of thier ability cooldowns
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • scuba
    12138 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »
    It only increases 1 of thier ability cooldowns

    I wish
  • DarthApok
    277 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Did you try reading the description on the ability? The odds to increase cooldowns is only 50%, doubled for debuffed enemies.

    Yes I know. Above the character it clearly stated in red "cooldown increased".
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Are you sure you didn't have them stunned when you increased their cooldowns? If they're stunned and near 100% TM when they have their cooldowns increased by 1, the next time they actually get to use any ability they'll be able to use special abilities because the stun counts as 1 turn and uses up the 1 turn cooldown increase.

    Nope not stunned because it was the very first ability of the match.
    Supercat wrote: »
    It only increases 1 of thier ability cooldowns

    Im pretty darn sure it's by character, not ability. Having it used on me it's clearly all abilities that get increased per character.
  • Vertigo
    4352 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Supercat wrote: »
    It only increases 1 of thier ability cooldowns

    I wish

    If it only increased one ability cooldown, I'd be using only characters with 3 abilities or more, but seeing as how it actually does increase every cooldown by 1, that's not true lol.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Everytime it is used against me and shows CD increased they are actually increased.
    Must be the AI advantage, we all know the AI gets super advantages and things don't work the same against them. Any other explanation or possibility is just poodo. ;)

    That's most likely the case lol
  • scuba
    12138 posts Member
    DarthApok wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Everytime it is used against me and shows CD increased they are actually increased.
    Must be the AI advantage, we all know the AI gets super advantages and things don't work the same against them. Any other explanation or possibility is just poodo. ;)

    That's most likely the case lol

    Was completely a joke.
    Without video or screenshots it is hard to prove it is not working. I have personlly not seen an issue with it being used by my or by AI.
  • Inyan_Soi_Leau
    430 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Supercat wrote: »
    It only increases 1 of thier ability cooldowns

    Yeah, that's wrong. The wording is poor on the ability, but it increases the cooldown on all abilities. It does not, however, decrease the cooldown of Annihilate by 1 for each cooldown increased. If that were so, Nihilus could hit Annihilate on his second turn in many cases. I suppose wording it like it actually functions would be too lengthy for an ability description, but it should actually say "for each enemy whose cooldown is reset, reduce the cooldown of Annihilate by 1". So the max reduction is 5 in Arena, GW, etc.

    As for the OP, it would help to know what the situation was. If Boba and EP were in fact stunned where they could not attack, that would explain why on the next attack, they were able to use those abilities. I've never had this happen myself, and I use Nihilus pftenn.
Sign In or Register to comment.