Boba retaining protection on BH Resolve

In a recent battle I was facing an opponent Boba Fett who still had his bounty hunters resolve and about half of his protection. I attacked him with my sith assassin and eliminated his health bar. Boba came back as expected but did so with protection.
His unique states that he revives with 100% health so is it working correctly that he regains his protection as well?
I would like some clarification on this. Thanks.

Replies

• If the Fett was Zeta'ed he comes back at 100% health and Protection.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Fett zeta gives 100% protection when he kills someone. In this situation he regained his 50% protection when he was killed.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    So you're saying that you killed Boba with attacks that ignore protection, and he revived with his last observed protection amount.

Maybe a bug, but hard to tell if this should behave this way as protection ignore is a new mechanic.

@CG_Kozispoon
  • That is a good way of stating it. Thanks.
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    So you're saying that you killed Boba with attacks that ignore protection, and he revived with his last observed protection amount.

Maybe a bug, but hard to tell if this should behave this way as protection ignore is a new mechanic.

CG_Kozispoon

Yes that is how I have seen it.
    UAOBRfB.gif
  • In a way, since the attack ignores protection, he has that much available so when he revives since the protection was not depleted it could revive with him.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    I'd be interested to know if this effects all chars.
    E.g. you kill Royal Guard when he has protection.
    ewok elder or Daka revives him.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Supercat wrote: »

I would want to assume yes. ..but the real question is if it's WAI. Bit of a philosophical debate.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Supercat wrote: »

I would want to assume yes. ..but the real question is if it's WAI. Bit of a philosophical debate.

I was assuming yes, too.

The fact that there protection isn't depleted..
    But then the facts that they died and the revive ability only says %health
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • It does say %health that they recover when they revive, and they do gain that, however the protection was still active and not depleted so it may fall under a similar catagory as zVader's dots
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    I do believe if jyn revives a rebel that was killed with protection they have that protection when they are revived. My guess is the game code doesn't 0 out protection when they die. Ignore protection is new mechanic for character attacks.