Director krennic

Is he worth investing in his shards. He and death trooper together seem amazing. What are thoughts

Replies

• They aren't top of the meta, sith are better currently. Maybe with the new empire toons and if they have their zetas they could be really good.
  • Is he worth investing in his shards. He and death trooper together seem amazing. What are thoughts

Basically, when DK and DT came out, they caused an immediate stir to the meta, but within about a week they all but fizzled out, just like the Phoenix faction. The meta is VERY limited at this point, and DO and DT aren't a part of it. As @lukeroks stated, hopefully the upcoming Empire update/buff will put them back in the game again.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Krennic's good on offense, but does not hold up on defense.
  • War wrote: »

Very good on offense, terrible on defense. I used to run zKrennic lead with zDT. Always dropped a ton on defense. Recently went up against a team with Krennic/DT and found out why.

Krennic is immune to crits with zDT around, so the obvious solution is to attack DT first to remove Krennic's bodyguard. The apparent problem with that strategy is Krennic can revive DT with his AOE. It turns out that this is not a problem at all, because AI uses the AOE immediately, which has a cooldown of 3. So you just eliminate DT right after Krennic does AOE, and then target Krennic who cannot revive DT to cover him.

On offense, you can (and should!) reserve Krennic's AOE for an opportune moment when DT is not in immediate danger of getting snuffed. But the AI does not do this, and so they are vulnerable.

Running Krennic and DT with a beefy taunt like Shoretrooper helps them immensely. I would say you should not run the pair without a taunt. On the other hand, DT without Krennic could be a fine addition to your team.
  • War wrote: »

Very good on offense, terrible on defense. I used to run zKrennic lead with zDT. Always dropped a ton on defense. Recently went up against a team with Krennic/DT and found out why.

Krennic is immune to crits with zDT around, so the obvious solution is to attack DT first to remove Krennic's bodyguard. The apparent problem with that strategy is Krennic can revive DT with his AOE. It turns out that this is not a problem at all, because AI uses the AOE immediately, which has a cooldown of 3. So you just eliminate DT right after Krennic does AOE, and then target Krennic who cannot revive DT to cover him.

On offense, you can (and should!) reserve Krennic's AOE for an opportune moment when DT is not in immediate danger of getting snuffed. But the AI does not do this, and so they are vulnerable.

Running Krennic and DT with a beefy taunt like Shoretrooper helps them immensely. I would say you should not run the pair without a taunt. On the other hand, DT without Krennic could be a fine addition to your team.

This was a round about way of saying Krennic is a giant dumpster fire and DT is stud.
  • Nah, I still like Krennic, he just needs the right support around him. Pretty darn good with DT, TFP, Shore and Palp with him.
  • I think everybody summed it up, pretty decent on offense but going to drop like a fly overnight. I'd level him but hold off on zeta'ing his leader for now. Odds are that we're getting Thrawn and he'll likely have a leader ability, so you'll want to see what that is before making a decision in my opinion.