Level 85

Prev1
Since reaching level 85 a long time ago, it is like pulling teeth to make any progress so it do a get frustrating. I can barely win any stages in GW battles. Can't win any level 8 or level 9 battles so can't get to the good characters shards. It takes so many credits to level up anything that if it wasnt for the credit heists I would give up. You always get the low end of everything and energy is so low that you are lucky to get anything you need. 5 million credits don't last long when it takes a million to do anything. I wait for the credit heist every week just so I can level up a couple of characters. Mods are hard to get and expensive too. I am spending more than ever only to find out I am doing worse. Maybe I do not understand the game and am not playing it good enough but that is why I am frustrated. If not for my guild, I would probably give it up. Just keep plugging along at a snails pace.

Replies

• War
    932 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Not being able to beat the node 9 battles is actually pretty common. A small tip for saving credits, is to not take a lot of character to level 85. Level 80 is just fine for B-Team raid squads, it's arena and your main teams you'll want to go all the way.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    You're doing something very, very wrong. Please link your swgoh.gg profile so we can help.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Focus on a few (1-5) characters at a time, then pick another squad. If you're f2p, maxing everything will take a loooooong time, and you beed to accept that. Strengthen a little at a time until max, rather than spreading your roster too thin.
  • I have 13 at level 85. 7 stars and gear at 8 or 9 or 10. I have many more at 85 6 stars. You might be right, I get confused on who to gear up next. Usually I can get to at least node 6 in GW but today not even close. I couldn't even kill off one character in GW. No rewards today.
    On the Catina double drops, hard to get shards. I just spent 200 crystals for 120 energy and did not get one shard. Seems the more I spend, the less I get. I will try to concentrate on a few. Thanks

I don't know how to link.
  • @dory4getter
    Just go to your swgoh.gg profile and copy the url and then paste it in the forums, im assuming you have an account set up already.
  • I did not have an account that I could access. I registered but I think I have to wait for it to sync tomorrow.
  • Gcdevil
    153 posts Member
    240 energy on cantina and not a single shard drop? I find that hard to believe, especially if your are just farming one node
  • I spent 200 crystals to add 140 on energy and did not get any shards on the one character. Not 240 energy.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    i found once i hit level 85 things got a hell of a lot easier.
  • I have be n on level 85 for a long time but everything got much harder
  • I set up my account and the link is above if anyone has any other suggestions. Thanks
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Things got hard for me at 85, and improved when I got characters geared up.
  • Your issue OP is that you have barely any toons above gear IX. That alone will set you back in arena, GW and raids. I would suggest focusing first on getting your 5 most used toons to gear XI and going from there. If mods are too expensive for you at least get your gear up
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Unfortunately, level 85 is just one piece of the puzzle. You need seven stars and gear, as well as a team supporting each other with synergy.

Build a scoundrel team around your Boba Fett, with Han and Chewie. Next, work on a Rebel team with your Leia, Wedge, Biggs, etc. Build them up so that you can get 7* on that Palpatine, and use him in an Empire team with Vader, Royal Guard, and TIE Pilot.

When you have three distinct teams (Scoundrels, Rebels, Empire), you should have a better time working through GW.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    you have very little synergy among your top heroes, you need to get teams together that can work off of each other... dad2my3 had a good strategy, having a scoundrel team for credit heist, rebels to 7* palp and then an empire team would do wonders, i can finish GW almost every day using just EP lead, vader, RG , TFP and boba, get those guys geared up and things will get easier for you
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I wouldn't invest gear in characters outside of your main two or three focus teams, especially those with three stars. Just focus on only 1-2 characters at a time. If you spread yourself too thin, you'll never make progress. You need to be patient and stay focused on building one solid team at a time with synergy.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    One solid team of any class will help you earn health mods. The scoundrel team that you build for the credit/training challenges will also help you with the critical chance mod challenges. Health and crit chance will be a good start as far as mods go.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    A solid Rebel team and Empire team will also help you complete Light and Dark Side challenges, which you will need to farm certain character shards. Your arena team, for example, lacks synergy and cannot fight together on these challenges. Build a team based on strategy, not just on your top five individual characters.
  • Hi Dory,

Hopefully this helps:)

You need a couple of teams for GW, and the synergy is important. If you focus on gearing and staring the teams below you should be able to go a long way in GW, and the rebel team will help you unlock 7 star Palp next month.

Team One:

Wedge lead (Which will heal all rebels on crit and enemy defeat)
    Biggs
    Scariff Rebel Pathfinder
    Lando or Leia (Lando is heaps better)
    JC, Talia, Old Daka as healer (or Leia if you self heal enough)

Team 2:

Emporer Palpatine
    Vader
    Tie fighter pilot
    Sith Trouper or royal guard
    Healers as above

Use the Rebels up to about node 7-8 and just make sure they are healed up from crits.

After that EP lead is great against Jedi and Rebels, and you have your rebel team in reserve.

Use those Droids with HK47 lead or Poggle for now, to take out a hard enemy and then go in with one of the teams above to finish them off. Also use lower level characters to go in first to make the enemy use cooldowns on hard nodes.

Good luck!
  • Thank you! I have some important characters I haven't really leveled up yet. Will start working these.
  • Also, it seems to take me forever to get the gear I need. I wish you could buy some of the specific pieces required. The pieces I have a lot of aren't really needed by anyone. Most everyone is way above me so it is hard to ask for donations. Thanks for all the advice.
  • Also, it seems to take me forever to get the gear I need. I wish you could buy some of the specific pieces required. The pieces I have a lot of aren't really needed by anyone. Most everyone is way above me so it is hard to ask for donations. Thanks for all the advice.

The people above have given you some great advice including focusing. This is the biggest issue with new players; they don't understand to focus on only a few. TBH, characters under G10 are very useless compared to those at 10-11. This jump in usefulness is the biggest jump you will find for any specific character.

Secondly, to address your specific statement here. You need to save your crystals, and not spend them on energy. The best thing you can use them for is gear in the shop. Save them and for 1200-1400 even some 750 crystals, you can buy full pieces of what you need. Another thing is make sure you are in a guild that is completing Rancor heroic at least three times a week. You will get much needed gear from that raid as well, even if you are in last place.

I hope the best for you and I think you will crawl out of this hole, just remember, FOCUS! don't spread thin your resources. This is as much a resource management game as a strategy game.
  • Thanks. I do like my guild because they make sure we all get pretty good wins. They have not made it to the last level yet but working towards it.

My four year old grandson just got hold of my phone and spent half my crystals on a buy that didn't help me at all. He has the game on his tablet and loves it. :)
  • I used the teams suggested above for GW which work d for awhile but still only beat the game once. Now the same teams are stronger but every squad I use gets wiped out almost immediately. Any suggestions? Frustrating not to be able to get very far but I would really like to know how you are supposed to beat GW too.

I have tri d to gear up my squads. I hardly ever win even tier one on most of thes events. Hard to concentrate on a few players when you keep needing new ones to try to win new events.

Appreciate any advice!
  • You just need resistance.

Try buy 20 zeta and give to finn

Then you can finish all.
  • TuncBlack wrote: »
    You just need resistance.

Try buy 20 zeta and give to finn

Then you can finish all.

Man, they're already frustrated, starting a new faction isn't going to help with that.

I took a look at your account. It seems like you are doing better with gear, but are still lacking full squads at G10-11. The problem with GW is that it is based off the power of you're top five characters, so if you only have a few at G11, it will make you're characters below that level nearly worthless.

I would focus on two squads to start off, looks like you have the beginnings of Empire and Rebels. For Empire I suggest using Palpatine as lead, along with Vader, Royal Guard, Tarkin and which ever fifth is strongest. Work on getting some others besides Vader and Palps to g10. This will help you unlock R2D2 when he comes back.

For rebels, you should use Wedge and Biggs along with two others and a tank. Maybe try to work on getting Stormtrooper Han or gearing up K2SO. Han is useful for the credit heist and critical chance mod challenge as well. Once you have to full squads at at least gear 10 it should make GW easier.

Try doing the first nodes with your best teams and use only basics so the specials are ready to go. Then only use lower squads until you hit a node you can't beat. Then you can bring in one of your better squads and they will already have turn meter loaded up. Also, don't forget you can retreat and try again if you need to. I try not to lose any of my main squad until the last three, but if you can't get this for yet, just apply it to your situation. Maybe try not to use your main squads until node six or something like that.

As for the events, it's usually pointless to try and get a squad ready for the current event. The best idea is to make note of what events need what squads and then try to make a squad for the next time it comes around. If you focus on characters with multiple factions, it can make this easier.

For example, Vader and Palps are Empire and Sith, so they will work for R2's event as well as the current places of power event. Phoenix squad's Kanan and Ezra are both Rebel and Jedi, and are also used for Thrawn. Focus on one faction at a time, and then once you get to gear 8, take them up one character at a time. You can ask on the forums what level you need them to be for events, but gear 9 is a pretty good rule of thumb.

Hope this helps a bit, good luck!
  • Thank you!
  • CT5032
    55 posts Member
    Hey Dory hope this advice helps you, if you are having trouble in Galactic War, I would suggest farming one health equalizer chirrut or barris.
    These characters will also work great in your arena team too. I don't have many g10/g11 characters either but I complete Galactic war daily with my arena team. And I also keep a rebel team and a Rey dps team to kill the leader of a tough squad I encountered. Also farm some utility characters like Kylo who can be used in multiple game modes(raids, arena, GW and PVE). Also as an F2P following the meta is the best option for us to stay strong in Arena. You can check my roster I don't even have as much as characters geared up as you.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ct32/
  • CT5032
    55 posts Member
    Some utility characters I mentioned are B2, Nihilus, Kylo, Thrawn, Wiggs(but you already have them), EP, Barris, Chirrut and even Rey sometimes helps.