Cost of FOTP

I have a 40/65 shard FOTP

Is anyone clever and can tell me how many crystals (roughly) it would take to 7* FOTP in two weeks, or 1 week, or 1 month, not counting ls/ds energy?

I can do it, too. I need some information, though
What is the drop rate of FOTP shards?
How does the cost of reset 3 battles scale as one resets them?
Ie
is it 50 to 100 to 200 to 400...
Or 50 to 50 to 100 to 100 to 200...
Or something else? What?

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    You need 210 shards. On average you can get 2 per day (roughly). So:
    - 105 days without recharges.
    - around 53 days with 1 recharge on each node (5,300 crystals).
    - 35 days with 2 recharges on each node (10,500 crystals).
    - 26 days with 3 recharges on each node (18,200 crystals).
    It gets more ridiculous from there. And this doesn't count the 96 energy a pop.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    You need 210 shards. On average you can get 2 per day (roughly). So:
    - 105 days without recharges.
    - around 53 days with 1 recharge on each node (5,300 crystals).
    - 35 days with 2 recharges on each node (10,500 crystals).
    - 26 days with 3 recharges on each node (18,200 crystals).
    It gets more ridiculous from there. And this doesn't count the 96 energy a pop.

What he said. It is very high.
  • Yeah, thanks for info!
    I am on track to get him in 105 days, then.

I totally dont want to get the crappy 1k credits, 13 tokens and low ability mats from Geonosian Soldier shards on 1A Cantina, but I think thats my best bet for the high dps i very much need (hopefully sooner than 105 days from now...)

or they are going to put a good high dps in arena or gw shipments.

I could get resistance pilot or ig 86 but RP only has high output over several turns, and ig 86 is droid ally reliant. Am I right, GS is my best bet? I wish the other rewards from his Cantina battles werent such crap.
  • The other rewards for farming GS is what's stopping me from starring him up. I suggest you do 86, he's tough and mean. Easy to star up and won't distract from the other options in Cantina.

My wife is almost a month in and on my suggestion, she hasn't even unlocked any other Cantina missions. Grinding away at GS. Anyway, she's too low level to benefit from any other toon farming, apart from the shipments.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I'm farming FOTP, I just view it as a long-term project. I have him almost half-way to 5* now. He's super squishy and I don't use him yet.
    One nice thing about his nodes is that they have useful purple pieces. Even when I go 1/6 (like today) I usually get some gear. And you will go 0/6 and 1/6 a lot, believe me. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    I'm farming FOTP, I just view it as a long-term project. I have him almost half-way to 5* now. He's super squishy and I don't use him yet.
    One nice thing about his nodes is that they have useful purple pieces. Even when I go 1/6 (like today) I usually get some gear. And you will go 0/6 and 1/6 a lot, believe me. :)

He's been bad even gear wise for me. I keep hoping I at least to get the MK 2 bacta of nothing else and guess what? 4 stars and counting. Long term project but at this rate, I suppose the game will have changed a lot by the time he's 7 stars, lol.
  • My FOTP is 40/65 4* . its a long term project, i was thinking of shortening the project, but the calculations above showed me that this is a futile task.

I wish I did GS before Kylo Ren, but oh well. IG 86 doesnt seem like he is GS quality. So there is Count Dooku...very low damage with even lower hp. Dooku, to me, is only an anti jedi character (which I really do not seem to need). So, I think of Barriss, she is cool. I already have two 7* healers (Luminara and Daka), and GW is a breeze as is.

So, do I sacrifice a lot of QGJ shards, as well as tons of credits and tons of purple ability mats to get GS, or bite the bullet and farm shards for a character(Dooku or Barriss) who I do not really see myself using?

Hopefully, my choice wil be more clear with the next update. But until then I have approximately 35 Cantina Battles per day to use, and id like to make them count.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    You receive like 7% less QGJ shards if you farm GS instead of Dooku. Con the other hand, you receive like 33% more GS shards than Dooku Shards.

i'd go with the nameless bug
  • Good point, but do you know what the drop rate of purple ability mats is on both battles?

I wishthey would have put Rey instead of JC in 6C Cantina. Would make my life a lot easier
  • puppyCasey wrote: »
    or they are going to put a good high dps in arena or gw shipments.

I could get resistance pilot or ig 86 but RP only has high output over several turns, and ig 86 is droid ally reliant. Am I right, GS is my best bet? I wish the other rewards from his Cantina battles werent such crap.

Res Pilot actually has a pretty good damage output compared to GS. Not considering armor or offense up, a maxed GS does 3137 damage on his basic attack and 5186 damage on his ally assist (not including the damage from the assisted character). Resistance Pilot does 4832 damage on his basic attack and 4727 on his special ability + 20% dmg for his expose chance.

Let's say the Ally Assist from GS is worth an extra 2500-5000 dmg per turn, which means GS can output 7700-10200 dmg on his first turn. RP on the other hand is going to deal ~4700 dmg + his expose chance which can add an additional 1800-4000 damage depending on who is exposed. Advantage: GS for anywhere from 1k-4k extra damage depending on who GS calls for assist and whether or not RP lands his expose.

Turn 2 GS is going to output ~3100 dmg + offense up opportunity while RP is going to output ~4800 dmg. Advantage: RP for about 1700 bonus damage.

Between the first 2 turns, the overall advantage goes to GS for about 1-2k bonus damage on average. However that advantage increases over time because GS special ability is every other turn while RP special is only every third turn.

The last 2 advantages GS has is a 1k health advantage and his tier 1 speed giving him the ability to act before key enemy opponents. RP does have more opportunities to gain turn meter (55% chance basic attack + turn meter on crit or evade) so hypothetically he should be able to keep up in turns over time but GS will act first.

TL;DR - Geo Soldier is better than Res Pilot for damage output however Res Pilot is still arguably a top 5 damage dealer next to FOTP, Rey, Res Trooper, Hoth Rebel Scout, IG-86, etc
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Thanks for the info.

The next piece of info I need is:
    What is the drop chance of purple ability mat on 1A in Cantina, and whats the drop rate in 6A or 6(Dooku battle...)

I dont know if i should get 7* Dooku or 7* Barriss or 7* GS

I liked this game a lot better when i was happy whose shards i was getting and not changing my mind every other hour

Lol:/
  • c56dfbad252e6458123249e7100bddad.png
    Over 600 attempts, roughly 14% for green mats, 7% for blue mats and only 2% for purple mats.

I haven't grabbed the data from all of my high level cantina farming so I can't speak for the later cantina levels, however it feels A LOT higher from just a subjective point of view.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Well, using 2 resets per day with 1/3rd of the appx 45 battles giving me a shard, thats a health 15 shards per day for GS. He needs 65 + 85 + 100 = 250 more shards which is about 17 days till 7* GS. He is pretty unique atm with 142 speed, decent health and assist.

Sid
    Luminara
    Kylo
    GS
    Poggle

How does that sound? Until i get QGJ 7* (he is 3*) and IG 88 (or whomever they put in arena) and hopefully leia will be available in GW :)
  • GS is one of the best characters in the game, he's tier 1 speed at gear 9. Has a high health pool for a dmg dealer, self crit% and turn meter increase, and an ally assist with one of the best damage multipliers in the game.

I would swap out Poggle with QGJ when you star him up but my GS is staying put for a long time. He gets broken at the lvl 80 increase but they will nerf him.
  • I'm in the same boat PuppyCasey! I'm 45/65 shards for FOTP and it is sloooow farming. I also can't figure out if I want to try for Bariss/Dooku/GS in cantina. I started Dooku yesterday but it feels like it'll take forever with only one refresh a day.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    I believe drop rates are more like 1.05/3 so that you get 2.1 per day. Anyway. I am 75 days from 7* Rey and 100 days from 7* FOTP. Assuming the numbers hold and they dont get nerfed to bad.
  • Honestly.... Your better off farming someone like Ret over fotp...she hits harder and is faster. Imo a better glass cannon with more nodes to hit.